Amazon Deal of the Day = Star Wars Best of PC for $25.98

I'm just going to give a big thumbs up for this pack. At just over 5$ a games and free shipping, it is absolutely worth it. I've put many an hour into these games, especially KOTOR and Battlefront.

This is a deal? The same pack has been sitting in the PC games section of my local Target for months priced at $20.

[quote name='NutManIV']This is a deal? The same pack has been sitting in the PC games section of my local Target for months priced at $20.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about your target, but mine has this pack for $40, the $20 pack only includes 2 games, neither of which are KOTOR.

[quote name='NutManIV']This is a deal? The same pack has been sitting in the PC games section of my local Target for months priced at $20.[/QUOTE]

Deal status is not mutually exclusive. Just because your Target has a better deal, does not mean this is not a deal. Especially considering that most other retail locations still price this at 39.99, including Target.

Why didnt you post your Target deal?

Eh, it would be better if it had Battlefront 2 in it. The first is good, don't get me wrong, but the second added a lot that I thought made it better.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I dont know about your target, but mine has this pack for $40, the $20 pack only includes 2 games, neither of which are KOTOR.[/QUOTE]

I would buy this $20.Its still 39.99 at my Target.

I've been eyeballing this on Amazon for the past month hoping for a deal, it's been $36.99 pretty steadily. I wish I could find it
in a brick store for $20 but haven't seen it yet and doubtful I will.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Also been $20 at my Target~

I own most of the games, and the newer games of each of them, and I can vouch for how good this pack is..

$25 isn't bad, but it's snail mail if you use free shipping. ULTRA snail mail.

Empire at War is great as an RTS, there's also an expansion for it called Corruption. (Can get both for $20, maybe alot cheaper online)

KOTOR is also great, I never cared for the second one...but I own the first one in the fatty box. If you can get deep into RPGs, it's great. It's a very involved story.

Battlefront...I never cared for it, but again, there's BF 2 available, and also probably for pretty cheap...

Republic Commando I can't vouch for, but it's apparently slightly above average for a shooter.

I did buy both Jedi Knight 2 and its standalone expansion Jedi Academy, though, and put alot of hours into them. It's a great third-person shooter/Deathmatch style game (with an OK story) and also the best lightsaber-dueling game available. I would recommend the latter though, as most mods support it more so.

Overall, if these games look good to you, go for it :D

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Deal status is not mutually exclusive. Just because your Target has a better deal, does not mean this is not a deal. Especially considering that most other retail locations still price this at 39.99, including Target.

Why didnt you post your Target deal?[/QUOTE]

it's been like that since as long as I can remember. Figured it was standard pricing.

[quote name='NutManIV']it's been like that since as long as I can remember. Figured it was standard pricing.[/QUOTE]Same here. Here in TN I remember it hitting $15 on sale, though I don't know if the package included Outcast. This was some time ago, though.

Make sure they support your OS. I had problems running some of these on Vista and win7.

Other then that, I've played them all in 1 version or another, and all are average or better games. KOTOR is the best if you like RPGs, and Republic Commando is a great squad based shooter(Although short). Empire at War was good, but had some balance issues at release. Battlefront was better multi, and this late in its life you might have trouble finding people to play with. I also didnt like JN2's story, but the lightsaber was fun.

[quote name='Rhett']KOTOR is also great, I never cared for the second one...but I own the first one in the fatty box. If you can get deep into RPGs, it's great. It's a very involved story.

Republic Commando I can't vouch for, but it's apparently slightly above average for a shooter.

I did buy both Jedi Knight 2 and its standalone expansion Jedi Academy, though, and put alot of hours into them. It's a great third-person shooter/Deathmatch style game (with an OK story) and also the best lightsaber-dueling game available. I would recommend the latter though, as most mods support it more so.[/QUOTE]
It's worth it for these three games alone. I've already played and beaten them all, but if you're a Star Wars fan, you really should play these three as they are possibly the best Star Wars offerings of the past decade. I had a helluva time in Commando - it's like Rainbow Six meets Star Wars Clone Wars. KOTOR has a story that's good enough to warrant a movie. It plays similarly to Neverwinter Nights, so if you've played that game you know what you're getting. And Jedi Knight (though probably dated) was a lot of fun, especially when you unlock all your force powers - think Force Unleashed but with more intuitive key bindings. It had many smaller touches that really sell the universe - i.e. rain instantly evaporating when it hits your lightsaber.

Hope this helps.

bread's done
Back