Amazon Deal of the Day - Stranglehold CE w/Hardboiled Movie (PS3) - $40 shipped

I would totally be all over this if I had been half impressed with the demo. Seems like a good game, just not one I'm into.

Why do they keep trying to shovel this game on us? Isn't this the third or so deal on it in the past 2 weeks?

At like $20, I would totally buy it, mostly because of the blu-ray version of the film on the disc. $40 is too much if you plan on keeping it. Once you beat stranglehold, half the value is gone.

this is an awesome deal! thanks op! i would totally jump on this if i hadnt already spent 40 on COD4 during that other deal. My wallet hates me so much rite now

The game was ok, at best. It's fun, but short, and frustrating in parts. Haven't tried the multiplayer, so I can' speak to that. Hard Boiled is NOT 1080p. Some say it's not even HD. Read the reviews before buying it if you are buying it for the movie. Hard Boiled is a awesome movie, but from what is stated, any of the DVD releases (I have the Criterion) is better. The game does expand on the Hard Boiled story, so if you are enough of a John Woo fan, it would probably be worth it just for that.

I jumped on this 2 weeks ago when it was $50 at Best Buy. I picked up another copy this morning for $40 at Amazon. I'll return the extra one at Best Buy.

Excellent deal for a PS3 game and Blu-Ray movie. Thanks OP.

I was under the impression that the movie is not a BD movie and requires a PS3 to play. The same way the third disk of Subsistence worked and SF II: The Animated Movie on the Anniversary Collection. That was the only way the studio allowed the movie to be released in HD prior to a proper Blu-ray release.

The version of Hard Boiled is a real mystery to me. I've never seen a real review of it and getting screen captures would be tough. Given that the disc holds the game and the movie it certainly is not optimized for the format. It sounds to me like an upconverted DVD-which is fine, but not exactly a huge breakthrough. The 2 disc DVD edition is quite nice (dubtitles aside)-and just having that transfer included on the game is a good bonus.

I liked the game but sold it right after finishing.

Just when I thought I was totally done with online shopping >_<

I think it's the mixed reviews that's keeping me from buying this game though.

Like others have indicated. The picture quality of the movie is very poor. The Criterion edition actually looked quite a bit better to me.

As others have said, I'm waiting for $20 on this one. I don't think it will take long, especially on PS3. The PS3 CE version does seem to be the one to get because of the film, regardless of it's quality it's additional value. The game itself seemed ok from the demo but not great. $20 seems about right.

...for someone who's never seen Hardboiled, $40 for both the game AND the Blu-Ray version of the movie is actually a dang good deal.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Um. its 39.99 at my bb still lol[/quote]

Most BBs have it at $49.99, but if you can get the $10 off coupon to work you can get it at this price (that's what I did). A good deal, but it's not really time sensitive (BB has had it at that price for at least two or three weeks now).

I bought this, but I hope they put out some good deals on something else. Like Orange Box or UT3, for the same price as the CoD4 one.

FYI: Although the box claims 1080i, the PS3 game only supports 720p. Luckily I was able to return it.

bread's done
Back