AMAZON DEALS on XJacKer Kits - Use you PC or Beats Headset on your Xbox 360 - $9.99

jon714

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have one of these units? I'm interested as I don't have a full stereo amplifier and headphone amps are too rich for my blood. Although, I'd love using my TF10s at a little higher volume, I don't want any distortion or static from artificial gain...

[quote name='kellte2']Anyone have one of these units? I'm interested as I don't have a full stereo amplifier and headphone amps are too rich for my blood. Although, I'd love using my TF10s at a little higher volume, I don't want any distortion or static from artificial gain...[/QUOTE]

I've got one of these that I use with my Fischer Audio SBA-01 IEMs. Head-Fi's got a pretty comprehensive stack-up thread if you want to see how those sound vs your UEs.

Like all amps, there is some noise+hiss. It's certainly not an audiophile quality $100 amp if that's what you're asking. That having been said... I definitely prefer this amp over the Fiio E5. The most surprising thing about it is the bass boost though. While many bass "boosts" seem to work by attenuating the mids and highs, the bass boost on this unit leaves my mids and highs completely unaffected.

P.S. - I have mine plugged into a decent (clean) powered USB hub, and the noise+hiss dropped dramatically.

[quote name='jon714']I've got one of these that I use with my Fischer Audio SBA-01 IEMs. Head-Fi's got a pretty comprehensive stack-up thread if you want to see how those sound vs your UEs.

Like all amps, there is some noise+hiss. It's certainly not an audiophile quality $100 amp if that's what you're asking. That having been said... I definitely prefer this amp over the Fiio E5. The most surprising thing about it is the bass boost though. While many bass "boosts" seem to work by attenuating the mids and highs, the bass boost on this unit leaves my mids and highs completely unaffected.

P.S. - I have mine plugged into a decent (clean) powered USB hub, and the noise+hiss dropped dramatically.[/QUOTE]

I would be hooking it up to the USB on the rear of the Xbox, and I'm assuming that isn't a very clean source. Thanks for the write up. I'm intrigued by this product and the price is definitely at the worth a try level. Also considering the DSS2 from another CAG thread.

If you have a link to the headfi discussion that you referred to, it would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='kellte2']I would be hooking it up to the USB on the rear of the Xbox, and I'm assuming that isn't a very clean source. Thanks for the write up. I'm intrigued by this product and the price is definitely at the worth a try level. Also considering the DSS2 from another CAG thread.

If you have a link to the headfi discussion that you referred to, it would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/con...r01-gr02-bass-gr06-gr99-added-april-24th-2012

No line volume control for the basic PS3 version? If not using a mic then would it be any different then just using a regular stereo to RCA cable?

So wait you'd have to buy one kit or the other.... but you don't need both if you want the amp right, as it comes with everything you need?

[quote name='JKSonic']So wait you'd have to buy one kit or the other.... but you don't need both if you want the amp right, as it comes with everything you need?[/QUOTE]

The Soniq Rush 2.0 amp has it all. The normal xJacker is just for using a pc headset (with mic).

[quote name='malfuncti0n']hahaha those amazon reviews for the $10 360 version couldn't sound more fake. who the hell uses exclamation points?[/QUOTE]

definitely!

[quote name='Psybuster']No line volume control for the basic PS3 version? If not using a mic then would it be any different then just using a regular stereo to RCA cable?[/QUOTE]

The entire point of using a headset is that it facilitates multiplayer... in which case chat is kinda important... unless you just plan on being the solitary no-scoper on a solo mission.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

bread's done
Back