Amazon Divinity 2 remastered, +all DLC+Soundtrack+artbook $38.99

Definitely sunk a LOT of time in this unintentionally, and still haven't really started the "Expansion." I am of course referring to the PC version, but I highly recommend this "redo" of Divinity 2.

[quote name='youngavatar']It this version an overall improvement divinty 2 release last year?[/QUOTE]
yes, from what I have read its been totally remastered and had a lot of the bugs/glitches fixed. I'm more excited to play the expansion finally.

Demo is up on the marketplace for those on the fence. It's 2 gigs and offers a lot in terms of a demo, so make your choice from that.

I enjoyed the demo, so I finally ordered it. Gotta love release date delivery as well. Woohoo~

Makes me glad that I didn't buy Divinity 2 (original) on release for Xbox 360, and got a used copy for cheap later on. It does have quite a few glitches (original) so if they cleaned this up technically and added the Dragon Knight Saga, this is a win-win.

When I first heard this was coming out awhile ago, I quickly traded in my original copy for a dollar less than I bought it. I liked the first one but was side tracked by other games. It will be great to get into the meat of this game, especially if it is tuned up.

Forgive my stupidity here, but is this a re-release of the original with an expansion? I don't know why I'm not getting it.

[quote name='Pck21']Forgive my stupidity here, but is this a re-release of the original with an expansion? I don't know why I'm not getting it.[/QUOTE]
The complete Divinity II saga in one package: Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance together on one jam-packed disc, this offers over 100 hours of roleplaying and the first chance to experience the entire Divinity II adventure from start to finish!

[quote name='Green Card200']If I have a powerful pc am I better off with this or the PC version?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing. I am building a new computer this summer so I am trying to hold off on games that play better on PC (Crysis, DAO 2, etc).

I thought this new 360 version was different or better than the one on steam but they have the exact same trailer so I am not sure if they are the same or different.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58540/?snr=1_4_4__13

This is a good deal, but I'm kind of on the fence.

I downloaded the demo yesterday and played it today. It seems intriguing, but with it being billed as a 100+ hour RPG, and Skyrim arriving in 7 months, I'm afraid I might get too tired to get into Skyrim. I need diversity in my gaming...

[quote name='SCDallas']Is the game any good? IGN gave it a 4.8 on the 360...[/QUOTE]

Bunch of idiots, because this game is AWESOME! My RPG of the year for 2010 ahead of Mass Effect 2, just slightly.

This version is a STEAL at $20 cheaper, fixed engine that is 60FPS smooth as silk, a new huge expansion, a free art book and a soundtrack (which is excellent btw).

BUY THIS GAME if you like western RPGs AT ALL.

Am I seeing things or are the graphics better this time around? Cause I don't remember the first one looking so good.

After playing the 360 demo, the game seems like a lot of fun. Some weird humor in it (mages lol and the dude who changes appearances) and it has a real nice old rpg feel. The controls feel like they would be better suited for a mouse and keyboard though and the visuals are not the greatest on the 360 (lots of aliasing) so I think I am going to wait for a steam sale to pick it up for PC.

If I needed a game to play right now, I would pick it up in a heartbeat for 360. I have a big enough backlog as it is though so I can wait. Its only going to get cheaper and artbook/soundtrack cd preorder bonuses are not that appealing to me.

Edit: Browsing the steam forums it looks like it is difficult to turn on antialiasing and sometimes will not work at all for the PC version. Might just end up getting it for 360 because the demo ran pretty smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played through Divinity 2 a few months back based on a front page review on CAG. While the ending was pretty anticlimactic, I was completely hooked for the 30+ hours. Did 1000/1000 and will be picking this remastered one up when it gets a little cheaper.

[quote name='sonnyforple']Played through Divinity 2 a few months back based on a front page review on CAG. While the ending was pretty anticlimactic, I was completely hooked for the 30+ hours. Did 1000/1000 and will be picking this remastered one up when it gets a little cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ending was very, very anticlimactic especially since I had no hopes of a sequel/expansion. Playing the game with the FoV expansion turns the original ending into more of a segway, albeit a weaker one.

This game can definitely sink a lot of time, but it's not "open ended" as you might think. There are a LOT of extras and side areas, and there is very little hand holding, but you are essentially limited to a certain path. The game does have a wicked sense of humor and actually relies on some strategy rather than just hack and slash.

[quote name='SCDallas']Is the game any good? IGN gave it a 4.8 on the 360...[/QUOTE]

Apparently this version is much improved. Everybody seems to highly, highly recommend this one.

I'm still skeptical, so I'm hesitant to pre-order this, but I do love art books...

[quote name='CountChoculitis']After playing the 360 demo, the game seems like a lot of fun. Some weird humor in it (mages lol and the dude who changes appearances) and it has a real nice old rpg feel. The controls feel like they would be better suited for a mouse and keyboard though and the visuals are not the greatest on the 360 (lots of aliasing) so I think I am going to wait for a steam sale to pick it up for PC.

If I needed a game to play right now, I would pick it up in a heartbeat for 360. I have a big enough backlog as it is though so I can wait. Its only going to get cheaper and artbook/soundtrack cd preorder bonuses are not that appealing to me.

Edit: Browsing the steam forums it looks like it is difficult to turn on antialiasing and sometimes will not work at all for the PC version. Might just end up getting it for 360 because the demo ran pretty smooth.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about this getting cheaper... It is published by Atlus, which usually print on demand and only print a few hundred extra.

I thought the ending/final battle was awesome -- but you had to have played Divinity I to get it.

I played the PC version, thought it was great. There were a couple of awkward spots but I got through them.

I played the PC version. It looked great but was a resource hog -- more than it should have been.

It seems impossible to get the expansion separately for the PC and I am not ready to re-buy the game at this price. It's $39.99 on Steam.

Ordered it myself. I was always intrigued but never picked it up before, so hopefully you are all not lying to me about how good it is :)

[quote name='Mad dog']I'm not so sure about this getting cheaper... It is published by Atlus, which usually print on demand and only print a few hundred extra.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is true. I was thinking about that and how Demons Souls and 3D dot game heroes are just now going under $20. I am going to preorder and pick it up for 360 because that way I can sell it when I am done like I cannot with the PC version.

PC version DRM is also limited to 5 activations which puts me off.

One huge tip for this game: There are hidden items (sometimes quest items even) everywhere that you actually have to hunt for and have attention to detail to see. This is not "lot of shiny sparkles" on items hand holding game like Dragon Age.

Sometimes the hidden items are up in the rafters of buildings! Think Borderlands robot repair kits, except without the HUD help.

I picked up the remastered PC version during the Steam X-mas sale. I highly recommend this game. It looks fantastic, runs well on decent hardware (smooth @ max settings on my Radeon 5850 @ stock clocks), and is just pure fun. I haven't checked out the 360 version yet, but I may download the demo to see how it compares. Regardless, be it on the 360 or PC, this game is well worth it if you like good old fashioned western style RPGs.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']The complete Divinity II saga in one package: Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance together on one jam-packed disc, this offers over 100 hours of roleplaying and the first chance to experience the entire Divinity II adventure from start to finish![/QUOTE]

Ok that's what I thought. I wasn't sure if it was just a remake and repackage of the same game or what. I appreciate the help!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']One huge tip for this game: There are hidden items (sometimes quest items even) everywhere that you actually have to hunt for and have attention to detail to see. This is not "lot of shiny sparkles" on items hand holding game like Dragon Age.

Sometimes the hidden items are up in the rafters of buildings! Think Borderlands robot repair kits, except without the HUD help.[/QUOTE]

I love games that don't hold your hand.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']One huge tip for this game: There are hidden items (sometimes quest items even) everywhere that you actually have to hunt for and have attention to detail to see. This is not "lot of shiny sparkles" on items hand holding game like Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

I also like games that don't hold my hands, but I did like the shiny sparkles in DA. It saved a lot of time knowing that you didn't have to walk up to a crate only to find out that it was empty. I'd rather spend my 100+ hours doing actual questing, solving puzzles, going into combat, etc., than playing finders-keepers.

so I just bought Divinity 2 Ego Draconis a couple days ago for $6 but haven't started playing it. Should I trade it into gamestop for $7 and just buy this new version from amazon?

[quote name='Donkey132']so I just bought Divinity 2 Ego Draconis a couple days ago for $6 but haven't started playing it. Should I trade it into gamestop for $7 and just buy this new version from amazon?[/QUOTE]

That depends, do you want the expansion, a remastered version of Divinity 2, a artbook & soundtrack? If those things are worth the $40 then do it.

[quote name='CaseX']I also like games that don't hold my hands, but I did like the shiny sparkles in DA. It saved a lot of time knowing that you didn't have to walk up to a crate only to find out that it was empty. I'd rather spend my 100+ hours doing actual questing, solving puzzles, going into combat, etc., than playing finders-keepers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I LOVED that in Falloout 3, it said "Empty" if the container was empty. Small thing, but it made that part of the game better for me - I didn't have to check every container two or three times, I didn't have to remember if I checked this container but not that one, etc.

I don't necessarily need my hand held, but I do like to have some general direction as to where I need to go, and some sort of quest log. I detest "find 100 pigeon" type quests, or whatever they were in Oblivion.

After playing the demo more I canceled my preorder for 360 and I am going to pick it up for PC next time Steam has a sale. The loading times are killing me.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']One huge tip for this game: There are hidden items (sometimes quest items even) everywhere that you actually have to hunt for and have attention to detail to see. This is not "lot of shiny sparkles" on items hand holding game like Dragon Age.

Sometimes the hidden items are up in the rafters of buildings! Think Borderlands robot repair kits, except without the HUD help.[/QUOTE]

playing the demo though, it appears there were shiny sparkles, like finding keys to peoples basements hidden in the rafters of another guy's house. the key looked like a sparkler was going off.

but I do think I'm gonna pick it up. It has a sense of humor about it as well that I like. especially the save the pig quest pretty early on.

i never bought it cuz i heard it was kinda glitchy. Maybe i'll pick this up. Im assuming waiting for a pricedrop would be fine? The book and CD's are just what come with it right, not a pre-order bonus or anything, are they?

[quote name='Kenshindono']i never bought it cuz i heard it was kinda glitchy. Maybe i'll pick this up. Im assuming waiting for a pricedrop would be fine? The book and CD's are just what come with it right, not a pre-order bonus or anything, are they?[/QUOTE]

From Atlus' website for the game:

"This Art book is only available when you are pre-ordering the game. So do not hesitate and pre-order Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga to receive your 52-page, full color art book (7.5" tall x 5.25" wide) featuring spectacular creature and world designs from the game.

Also available in the pre-order pack, the CD soundtrack featuring 26 gorgeous music themes (nearly 1 hour and 20 minutes of music!) from the game."

Soundtracks will be uploaded and I'm sure someone will scan pictures of the artbook.
Needless to say if your hard pressed to wait for a price drop then just wait.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Soundtracks will be uploaded and I'm sure someone will scan pictures of the artbook.
Needless to say if your hard pressed to wait for a price drop then just wait.[/QUOTE]

Or alternatively, if you want to support Atlus, which appears to have put a lot of time and effort into remastering this game, buy this game at launch. It sounds like there is more than enough content and improvements to make it worth it, and its nice to see a developer make efforts to improve their game based on critical feedback. Plus getting the soundtrack and artbook is a nice plus.

I'll have to try this demo out and see... I like the IDEA of games like this, but many times their execution is so flawed they're nearly unplayable (like Risen, Arcania, etc). Even playing some of these games on the PC does little to fix the issues.

I just got Two Worlds II as well though and I'm having fun with that, so not sure if I have enough time for this. Two things...

From the pictures you can't tell, does it come in a special box? Doesn't look like it...

Does anybody know why the demo was taken down and then put back up? It was up for maybe a day, taken down for about two weeks, and then put back on LIVE.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'll have to try this demo out and see... I like the IDEA of games like this, but many times their execution is so flawed they're nearly unplayable (like Risen, Arcania, etc). Even playing some of these games on the PC does little to fix the issues.

I just got Two Worlds II as well though and I'm having fun with that, so not sure if I have enough time for this. Two things...

From the pictures you can't tell, does it come in a special box? Doesn't look like it...

Does anybody know why the demo was taken down and then put back up? It was up for maybe a day, taken down for about two weeks, and then put back on LIVE.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure its just a normal box, and this is from their facebook page: "the Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga demo was temporarily removed from Xbox LIVE Marketplace because of some technical problems. Everything is solved now. Happy gaming"

[quote name='Mad dog']From Atlus' website for the game:

"This Art book is only available when you are pre-ordering the game. So do not hesitate and pre-order Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga to receive your 52-page, full color art book (7.5" tall x 5.25" wide) featuring spectacular creature and world designs from the game.

Also available in the pre-order pack, the CD soundtrack featuring 26 gorgeous music themes (nearly 1 hour and 20 minutes of music!) from the game."[/QUOTE]

hmm guess that answers that i better pre order then.

does it matter if i do it through amazon or through atlus's site? Do you get anything extra for going through Atlus?

bread's done
Back