Amazon DOTD 11/14: James Bond Blu Ray and DVD Box Sets

Amazing deal

I have all of the James Bond collections already but I would love to put them in that black box.

Anyone have one they don't mind getting rid of?

Great deal for the BluRay. I already own the complete DVD set and it's very hard for me right now not to pick up the BluRay as well. Just gotta make it through the day.

Be careful on the blu-ray editions. The reviews on Amazon say alot of people couldnt get the discs to work.

*edit* Sony released firmware updates to correct this. Nevermind.

From some reviews about the packaging I've found, it looks like they're not in normal BR cases, they're in some type of folder/slip case, packed in the box.

As much as I like getting a deal, I'm more concerned about oddball packaging that might be an issue down the road with scratching.

[quote name='shrike4242']From some reviews about the packaging I've found, it looks like they're not in normal BR cases, they're in some type of folder/slip case, packed in the box.

As much as I like getting a deal, I'm more concerned about oddball packaging that might be an issue down the road with scratching.[/QUOTE]

good thing blu ray discs are almost impossible to scratch

I'm assuming these come with the free movie tickets as well, so that's 4 free movie tickets total for buying these sets.

If you were going to see the new movie anyway, then you can figure 4 x $7.50 = $30.00

You're basically getting the Blu-Rays for $35. I am all over this deal.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']I'm assuming these come with the free movie tickets as well, so that's 4 free movie tickets total for buying these sets.

If you were going to see the new movie anyway, then you can figure 4 x $7.50 = $30.00

You're basically getting the Blu-Rays for $35. I am all over this deal.[/quote]

i couldn't find anything on free tickets on the amazon page. do you have a link to something that says you get 4 free tickets? why would you get 4 instead of just 1? i might have to do this deal since i plan on going to see the new bond movie at theaters...

[quote name='mechachrome']Excellent deal on the Blu-Rays.

Of course, I bought the steelbooks on Sunday. :([/quote]

does each steelbook version come with a free movie ticket?

Considering the cost per movie on blu (under $11 each), I'm willing to put up with no free movie tickets and risk of scratches(considering blu are very difficult to scratch and amazon has a return policy).
I can only hope they have the same sale months from now when another 2-4 sets come out on blu ray. I believe there are 21 total bond movies on DVD right now. So that means a lot of blu ray sets should be in the works.

Just like my Terry Bogard hat from the KoF:MaxIm pre-order, these Best Buy steelbooks rapidly keep getting more and more depressingly expensive.

[quote name='snipermike']Got these a few weeks ago and they come with 4 free movie passes[/quote]
Was that was with the DVD's or the Blu's?

Got mine today and they did come with the 4 free movie passes. Since I was planning to see the movie twice anyway, once with a friend and once with my dad, this ended up being an awesome deal.

Mine shipped out yesterday. Was happy to get it cheaper with "bill me later".
Also happy to hear they come with movie passes.
Granted, I did see the movie this weekend. But I would say it's worth seeing more than once. Great on action. Not the best story line. But great on action.

bread's done
Back