Amazon DOTD 3/29/11 - Dreamcast Collection $19.99 (360)

[quote name='Vegan']$14.99 on Steam right now if you swing that way, too.[/QUOTE]

Sega's no good with PC games. Just bought Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing from D2D yesterday and the damn game won't run and keeps giving me the .exe error in Windows 7 64bit. Tried all the online help that I could find but nothing works. I have no problem running other games at all. I rather get their games on consoles.

[quote name='marineal']so other than crazy taxi and sonic adventure, what other quality game is in here?[/QUOTE]

Space Channel 5 part 2

[quote name='marineal']so other than crazy taxi and sonic adventure, what other quality game is in here?[/QUOTE]

I would go as far as to say that Space Channel 5 Part 2 is the only quality game in here, since Crazy Taxi doesn't have the original music and Sonic Adventure is shit.

I was thinking of buying this...i already own sonic for the dreamcast and never played the other ones...plus I just bought a bunch of games. Must resist...lol

Two questions for anyone who has this game: 1) can you install it on your hard drive or must you play on the disc and 2) Does Sonic Adventure DX dlc come packed with this as well?

[quote name='OnettHero']Yea, crazy taxi without licensing, bad religion, and offspring is pure shit.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that exactly. While yes, I was disappointed when I first heard the news, I've played the game and it's not as bothersome as I would have thought. But if lack of music does truly bother you, 360 does support custom soundtracks. ;)

Also, since I already have two games on this disc, I'll be passing, but any idea when Space Channel is coming to XBLA or is it going to be disc only?

f1fexg.jpg

Oh yeah $20 for this I'm totally in.

Wait a minute I already own 3 copies of Sonic Adventure, 2 copies of Crazy Taxi, and I don't even like Space Channel 5 or whatever that fishing game is called. Why would I buy this?

[quote name='JStryke']Also, since I already have two games on this disc, I'll be passing, but any idea when Space Channel is coming to XBLA or is it going to be disc only?[/QUOTE]
This is what I want to know. Space Channel 5 Part 2 is the only game I'm interested in, but is it ever going to be sold separately?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This is what I want to know. Space Channel 5 Part 2 is the only game I'm interested in, but is it ever going to be sold separately?[/QUOTE]

If it is, it'll be $10 or 15 on XBLA. Isn't it worth it to have three more kind of good games for $5-10 more?

[quote name='whitereflection']If it is, it'll be $10 or 15 on XBLA. Isn't it worth it to have three more kind of good games for $5-10 more?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was what I thought too so I decided to go ahead and pick it up. The other three games are worth $3 each to me. ;)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I would go as far as to say that Space Channel 5 Part 2 is the only quality game in here, since Crazy Taxi doesn't have the original music and Sonic Adventure is shit.[/QUOTE]

why the hell don't they have the original music? because it isn't on dreamcast?

[quote name='proKoyeon']why the hell don't they have the original music? because it isn't on dreamcast?[/QUOTE]

Because the rights expired. So when they ported it over they couldnt use: The Offspring, Bad Religion soundtracks, KFC locations, Pizza Hut locations, etc. Sega just didn't want to spend the extra money to re-up I guess and instead got a generic rock band to play music.

The locations I could deal with but the best part of the game was the soundtrack. Listening to Offspring playing made me love the game, now its just missing something.

More information: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/11/crazy-taxi-on-psn-xbla-when-the-music-stops.ars

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Two questions for anyone who has this game: 1) can you install it on your hard drive or must you play on the disc and 2) Does Sonic Adventure DX dlc come packed with this as well?[/QUOTE]

1) You can install it, but it still seems to run off the disc. I can hear the disc spinning even though mine is installed.

2) No DLC is included.

I bought Crazy Taxi for $5 and it's worth it. I never owned it for the DreamCast back in the day. Anyway with the custom soundtrack available, it's a blast to play.

I already have 3 of the games on this disc, I just need to plug in my DC...

I guess the temptation from this means I'm pretty damn lazy:)

[quote name='OnettHero']Yea, crazy taxi without licensing, bad religion, and offspring is pure shit.[/QUOTE]
"Never mind the arcade game! That's terrible! What I want is all of the sweet, sweet marketing and licensed music!"

For those complaining about the lack of original music, you do know you can use custom soundtracks, right?

I'm also going to pass on this, I loved the DC but its not old enough for me to get all nostalgic and buy this. I'll wait till the next gen of consoles for a bigger game collection of games like Sega did with the genesis collection.

[quote name='KingDox']I'm also going to pass on this, I loved the DC but its not old enough for me to get all nostalgic and buy this. I'll wait till the next gen of consoles for a bigger game collection of games like Sega did with the genesis collection.[/QUOTE]
That's kinda asking for the impossible. There's no way they'd pack in more than four games per disc, considering Dreamcast games are much, much larger in size than Genesis games. It'd be somewhat doable on Blu-ray, but Sony has a thing against physical collections of games already on PSN.

Still debating this, the lack of the DX Content DLC on the actual disc doesn't make any sense to me, surely it could not have been that hard to include it. Even the Steam version of this collection has it.

I really would likely only play Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi, Bass Fishing I have no interest in, I may mess around with Space Channel a bit. But I'm thinking about just picking up Crazy Taxi on LIVE right now for 400, and waiting for another sale on Sonic Adventure (and DX DLC), sure I'll probably end up paying around $12ish for all of it, but I think I'd prefer to have these two games complete than the compilation disc.

[quote name='SideSwipe999']Still debating this, the lack of the DX Content DLC on the actual disc doesn't make any sense to me, surely it could not have been that hard to include it. Even the Steam version of this collection has it.[/quote]
-DLC
There's your answer right there. MS isn't going to just let them give it away for free, sadly.

[quote name='Tsukento']-DLC
There's your answer right there. MS isn't going to just let them give it away for free, sadly.[/QUOTE]

Source?

bread's done
Back