Amazon DOTD Batman: Arkham Asylum $26.99

Saw the deal too, was gonna post it but there seems to be already 2 posts on the subject. CAGers are lightning fast ;) Very good price, but waiting for game to go around $20 too.

If I hadn't just bought Left 4 Dead 2 and Splinter Cell, it would be mine.

I can sense $25 and under coming though

[quote name='lolwut?']If I hadn't just bought Left 4 Dead 2 and Splinter Cell, it would be mine.

I can sense $25 and under coming though[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably, but the game is more than worth $26.99, and the FSS makes it almost an automatic buy for those without Prime (which I find myself now after my 3 Month "Trial" ended ;)).

[quote name='gospelman']what extras will be on the coming GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

I know the GOTY is coming and that's the reason I jumped on this, I d/l'ed the GOTY announcement trailer off of the UK PSN and was underwhelmed with the 3D and the 6 Extra Challenge maps that they are including for full price (that is limp additional content for a GOTY). I was more irritated that they spoiled some of the game story
(with Scarecrow)
in the bloody trailer.

Edit: four of the maps are from the free dlc, plus two extras from the gamestop exclusive, and one from some place else...sigh, that's lame.

IMO, not worth it at all, plus I'm not sitting in front of the TV with green and purple lensed 3d glasses on...:cool: :roll:

So I'm perfectly fine with the regular edition thanks very much.

tempting, but im waiting for this to be 15-20, i just can't bring myself to buy games for more then 20 bucks that don't have multiplayer or any specific replay value other then story mode game itself

[quote name='BarrettSan']Hey cool. Does the PS3 version have the Joker content, or is that only the Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

all ps3 versions

Just going to wait for the GOTY edition to hit $20 or so. I've waited this long already after being underwhelmed by the demo... might as well wait another year.

Definitely excited to try the 3D, though. I haven't played a modern 3D game.

Got it for $28.54 from Amazon almost two weeks ago. Great game.

Downloaded all the free DLC too. I heavily recommend it.

While it would be nice to get the spare maps it's not going to be worth paying full price for it, the joker content is pretty good so I would definitely recommend picking it up for the PS3, but I'd have to say just grab the non-GOTY edition as you won't be missing much. It's pretty lame that they didn't introduce any new story content, playing through the game as Joker would have been interesting.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GOTY edition includes 4 maps and all in 3D with 3 D glasses :)[/QUOTE]

Batman: Arkham Asylum - THE 'James Cameron' Avatar edition. LOL!!

There's some obvious similarities between this game and RE4.

Still not worth it. I didn't think this was anything more than a rental. It's more on the short side and there's literally nothing to do once you beat it. This also had the worst boss fights ever in a game.

Thanks OP, grabbed one.
I don't really care for the GOTY edition, and I've been waiting for a deal on this one.
Being over 25 = free shipping, so I'm down for that.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Just going to wait for the GOTY edition to hit $20 or so. ... might as well wait another year.

Definitely excited to try the 3D, though. [/QUOTE]

The GotY edition basically extends the amount of time I have to pick this up... The backlog is pretty big, so I'm in no rush. I, too, would rather pick up the GotY edition at sub-$30!

Anyone know if the 3D will be mandatory or if it can be switched off? I would hate to be stuck with crappy 3D or 3D that made my eyes/brain bleed!

Damn, that is a great price. But knowing that it was on clearance at Sam's Clubs a couple of months ago for $9.98 makes it difficult for me to pull the trigger. Bah, I have a somewhat big game log I need to go through first. I'll wait. Thanks op :)

[quote name='Magikarp830']The GotY edition basically extends the amount of time I have to pick this up... The backlog is pretty big, so I'm in no rush. I, too, would rather pick up the GotY edition at sub-$30!

Anyone know if the 3D will be mandatory or if it can be switched off? I would hate to be stuck with crappy 3D or 3D that made my eyes/brain bleed![/QUOTE]

I read that it will be as simple as going into the options menu in-game to turn on or off the 3D, plus I guess they are using different colors so those that arent playing the game or not wearing the spare pair of glasses will be able to watch it without the annoying look. From what I read it will be pretty close to true color with the glasses on, unlike the annoying paper 3D glasses movies...guess we'll see.

[quote name='hellhunde']If I'm not mistaken, the GOTY DLC only has a value of $6, so take it for what its worth.[/QUOTE]

All the dlc was free if I remember correctly

Well, if there's going to be a GotY edition then that should drive down the cost of the regular edition even more when it comes out, so I am going to wait. I don't care about 3D, but it should make getting the regular edition for sub $20 easier. :)

[quote name='clawfrombelow']I read that it will be as simple as going into the options menu in-game to turn on or off the 3D, plus I guess they are using different colors so those that arent playing the game or not wearing the spare pair of glasses will be able to watch it without the annoying look. From what I read it will be pretty close to true color with the glasses on, unlike the annoying paper 3D glasses movies...guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Oh...really.

They look paper enough (and cheap) to me.

Plus I posted the details already on the first page.

-4 dlc maps (free on the PSN)
-2 additional maps (1 that was a Gamestop exclusive, and one other)
-Game in 3D

-Paper 3d glasses with purple / blue lenses, you get the Batman glasses and the Joker glasses...wow.

That's it, all for a measly $50....

Last edited by a moderator:
The Coraline Blu's 3D uses glasses similar to that. I was super skeptical, but it actually looked really good and there was still fairly good color definition. I remember when I was little using those red/blue glasses you basically lost all color - that's no longer the case.

Batman's could be terrible, of course, but I'm optimistic after Coraline.

:drool:[quote name='Rage Goblin']The Coraline Blu's 3D uses glasses similar to that. I was super skeptical, but it actually looked really good and there was still fairly good color definition. I remember when I was little using those red/blue glasses you basically lost all color - that's no longer the case.

Batman's could be terrible, of course, but I'm optimistic after Coraline.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for everyone helping me to decide on whether to wait for the GOTY or not. I went in for one.

P.S. Coraline was an awesome movie. I recommend it to anyone.

Oh...really.

They look paper enough (and cheap) to me.

Plus I posted the details already on the first page.

-4 dlc maps (free on the PSN)
-2 additional maps (1 that was a Gamestop exclusive, and one other)
-Game in 3D
-Paper 3d glasses with purple / blue lenses, you get the Batman glasses and the Joker glasses...wow.

That's it, all for a measly $50....

Sorry for you misunderstanding what I was trying to say, I was refering to the color of the 3D image with (THESE PAPER GLASSES) isn't supposed to be annoying like other paper glasses movies (ie. My Bloody Valentine, Coraline (well it annoyed me)).

[quote name='clawfrombelow']Sorry for you misunderstanding what I was trying to say, I was refering to the color of the 3D image with (THESE PAPER GLASSES) isn't supposed to be annoying like other paper glasses movies (ie. My Bloody Valentine, Coraline (well it annoyed me)).[/QUOTE]

Anyway my only point is, $50 for almost no new content aside from the 3d, IMO is NOT worth the extra money. Just trying to give people an educated opinion on what they should expect vs. what's available now.

And I appreciate you clarifying your experience with the technology from a few movies that use it.

If it was those nice avatar 3d theatre glasses I wouldn't balk so much, but it's not, and for a GotY they have a lot to learn (as do many of the companies who double dip) from Bethesda when it comes to actually giving worthwhile content for the extra money they're asking.

Plain and simple, I can't see the value in this re-release, if others do at least they know what they're buying now as was my intention to educate them of that.

Anyway my only point is, $50 for almost no new content aside from the 3d, IMO is NOT worth the extra money. Just trying to give people an educated opinion on what they should expect vs. what's available now.

And I appreciate you clarifying your experience with the technology from a few movies that use it.

If it was those nice avatar 3d theatre glasses I wouldn't balk so much, but it's not, and for a GotY they have a lot to learn (as do many of the companies who double dip) from Bethesda when it comes to actually giving worthwhile content for the extra money they're asking.

Plain and simple, I can't see the value in this re-release, if others do at least they know what they're buying now as was my intention to educate them of that.

I'm not aware of any movie that uses the system that will be implemented in the GOTY edition, since its been done with TriOviz 3D, which I believe is only geared towards games and needs to use a similar "paper glasses" technology in order to be used with ANY tv set. The point I was trying to get across (again from what i've read, due to not having any hands on experience with this setup) is that it will not be as annoying nor as color distorted as the standard 3D movie/paper glasses setup. People would be better educated by googling Trioviz 3D Batman or something similiar....many articles out there.

[quote name='Cardiff Giant']Dang was hoping this was for PS3 as well. Can we put XBox 360 only in the title/first post?[/QUOTE]

It was until sometime this afternoon/early evening. I picked up the PS3 version. Best guess is they were burning through their stock of the PS3 version much faster than the 360 version either because it was actually selling faster or they simply had a larger stock of the 360 version.

[quote name='Jhriad']It was until sometime this afternoon/early evening. I picked up the PS3 version. Best guess is they were burning through their stock of the PS3 version much faster than the 360 version either because it was actually selling faster or they simply had a larger stock of the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok thanks for the clarification, when i pulled up the PS3 version is was like 39.xx something so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Yeah that's what my life need's, to sit there like a dick with those things on my face. As if being a gamer wasn't frowned on enough by society, well at least the people around me lol, but to each their own. I think the GOTY will drive the reg version into clearance bin's, I'll continue to wait patiently...

bread's done
Back