Amazon DoTD: Dante's Inferno (PS3 or Xbox 360) $45.99 shipped

[quote name='antlp89']Wow didn't this game just come out a couple weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

yup but games like these with no replay value drop in price quickly. Good thing I canceled my pre-order and just rented it. Great game but not worth buying

I got it for $47 + $10 promo credit after, so I'm not mad but that was fast! I've beaten it and can say if you like god of war and the theme of basing it loosely on Dante's Inferno then it's def worth $46. I've already started playing New game+ on a higher difficulty so I'm getting my $$ worth.

As for replay, other than newgame+ and difficulty, they are adding a multiplayer in April that actually looks interesting. if they pull it off well I'll be playing a lot of that. But I believe that's DLC no idea on cost. But I'll prob get it if it's cheap enough, considering the deals I got on the game I might break even (as in equaling $60 retail price) and still own all the DLC which would be nice.

[quote name='Vortextk']Not even 2 weeks actually, for the US atleast.[/QUOTE]

Same here. $35 or less is what I'm waiting for. That will probably happen once GOW3 is released.

[quote name='kipz']Yeah, it dropped really quickly. I'm glad I decided to skip it. I probably won't even get it now.[/QUOTE]

Same here. $35 or less is what I'm waiting for. That will probably happen once GOW3 is released.

I'm normally one who guys games and doesn't rent. But this is definitely one game I'd rarely step away from my beliefs and say it's only worth a rental. Most you'll get out of it is two replays because the story is crap and the "unlockables" (specifically the commentaries of Virgil) are wiped out upon replay and have to be collected again.

If you've got money to burn, buy Dante's book, not his game. ;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is the Divine Edition limited or are all PS3 copies forever going to be the Divine Edition?[/QUOTE]

all PS3 copies are Divine Edition

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']all PS3 copies are Divine Edition[/QUOTE]

I know they are now but will this be the case six months from now?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I know they are now but will this be the case six months from now?[/QUOTE]

there has been no mention of limited quantities or anything of that sort so I am guessing yes though who knows if the free DLC will still be included or if it has an expiration date

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']there has been no mention of limited quantities or anything of that sort so I am guessing yes though who knows if the free DLC will still be included or if it has an expiration date[/QUOTE]

Okay, cool, thanks. In that case, I'm waiting.

[quote name='antlp89']Wow didn't this game just come out a couple weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this game is going to sink like a stone. The reviews are very luke warm and with Bayonetta, Darskiders and GoW3 there is way too much competition.

I can see Dante's being in the $30 range within a couple months.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I think this will be trolling at $19.99 before too long. That is my target.[/QUOTE]

yup should be there soon, then I will pick up a PS3 version for the extras

$39.99 + shipping at Hastings, shipping runs about $5 but a $1 saved is a $1 for something else.

Eh, I'd be upset if I wasn't getting Heavy Rain for $11.47 ;). Figure what I save on that makes up for my full price pickup from Amazon on release day.

Can't say I'm very interested in DI, but this is a pretty darn decent Deal of the Day on a brand new game. Let's see some more like this Amazon.

I'm going to be picking this game up but also have a feeling its going to drop to the $30 range fairly soon. I'll go for it then.

My friend and I both finished the game in 6 hours (playing more towards holy). The 2nd time through we finished in about playing with unholy upgrades.

I didn't find it that great and a real shame that God of War III will just crush it in a few weeks.

Seems like a decent enough game but I'm holding out for a $20 price point. I have a big backlog and there's a ton coming out the next 3 months that I'm interested in.

[quote name='icedrake523']Seems like a decent enough game but I'm holding out for a $20 price point. I have a big backlog and there's a ton coming out the next 3 months that I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

ditto. i played the demo and liked it. =

[quote name='nakedninja']too bad people arn't digging it. it's a great warm up for gow3[/QUOTE]

I thought so too... but I only paid about $35 (after trading in two cheapo $5 games for GS's $20 auto credit offer: $65 + $10 - $40= $35) for it so I can't complain much. Great artwork, solid (granted, it's completely ripped off of GoW) gameplay, and an decent story.

But yeah, I can see this plummeting by the time GoW3 hits.

bread's done
Back