Amazon dotd: ea sports active 2 (wii/ps3/xbox) $48.99 // ea nfl training wii $48.99

Ea sports active 2 was the dotd last week for $47.99. NOT A DEAL!

Lol j.k.

I picked this up last week and it's pretty cool. The box came with the tape cut but the contents appeared to be fine. I called Amazon to find out why it came in this condition and they gave me $10 credit :bouncy:

I asked in the Best Buy thread, but does anyone have any opinions of EA Sports Active 2 for PS3? I hear the Xbox version is shit due to poor forced Kinect functionality, but how does the regular version stack up? A poster mentioned his wife losing interest but I can't tell if it is because the product sucks or she just gave up.

[quote name='cooljammer00']I asked in the Best Buy thread, but does anyone have any opinions of EA Sports Active 2 for PS3? I hear the Xbox version is shit due to poor forced Kinect functionality, but how does the regular version stack up? A poster mentioned his wife losing interest but I can't tell if it is because the product sucks or she just gave up.[/QUOTE]

I recently bought the PS3 version, it is supposively the best one. In the Wii version, you have to hold the wiimote which kills your chance to work out with free weights. The 360 version uses kinect which is horrible at motion tracking for certain excercises such as push ups / sit ups and certain running drills. The PS3 version has no unique flaws to it. I thought it worked well and there have only been a few times where it did not recognize my movement. After a few work outs, Im feeling it a bit, I started on Medium Intesity doing the 3 week cardio program. I "feel the burn" but I know I can do more so Im going to bump up the intesity once Im on my next program and no Im not fat and out of shape, I regularly work out, but I need somthing to get me through the Winter to work out indoors..... an inexpensive somthing, like this game.

Yeah this has been on sale a lot recently, pretty sure MSRP has dropped or will drop to $59.99 soon. I think the extra $40 for a heart rate monitor killed the sales on this thing. Was considering it, but hearing the Kinect version has problems and I'm pretty happy with Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for my video game work out needs. Thanks though.

[quote name='Dann-o']I recently bought the PS3 version, it is supposively the best one. In the Wii version, you have to hold the wiimote which kills your chance to work out with free weights. The 360 version uses kinect which is horrible at motion tracking for certain excercises such as push ups / sit ups and certain running drills. The PS3 version has no unique flaws to it. I thought it worked well and there have only been a few times where it did not recognize my movement. After a few work outs, Im feeling it a bit, I started on Medium Intesity doing the 3 week cardio program. I "feel the burn" but I know I can do more so Im going to bump up the intesity once Im on my next program and no Im not fat and out of shape, I regularly work out, but I need somthing to get me through the Winter to work out indoors..... an inexpensive somthing, like this game.[/QUOTE]

Waitaminute; I thought both the PS3 and the Wii require you to hold a Wii-mote/Move controller. Exactly how do you do the free weights without holding the Move controller in the PS3 version? IOW, how would the PS3 version be in any way superior.

When it comes to these exercising games, I think Kinect would be the best bet. It's true there are some detection issues, but MS is rumored to be working on a patch to enhance/fix those problems.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Waitaminute; I thought both the PS3 and the Wii require you to hold a Wii-mote/Move controller. Exactly how do you do the free weights without holding the Move controller in the PS3 version? IOW, how would the PS3 version be in any way superior.

When it comes to these exercising games, I think Kinect would be the best bet. It's true there are some detection issues, but MS is rumored to be working on a patch to enhance/fix those problems.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version DOES NOT use the move. It comes with two motion sensors that you wear.

[quote name='Vector']The PS3 version DOES NOT use the move. It comes with two motion sensors that you wear.[/QUOTE]

Okie -- got it. The Wii also comes with motion sensors you wear, but I guess these must not work the same way?

[quote name='romeogbs19']Okie -- got it. The Wii also comes with motion sensors you wear, but I guess these must not work the same way?[/QUOTE]

the wii one has 2 sensors: 1 for the leg and 1 is the heart rate monitor. (hence the need for the wiimote to act as the "hand" sensor. (which is why it is annoying.)
the xbox one has 1 sensor: heart rate monitor

Although it's a new day, with a new Amazon DOTD, each console's version of EA Sports Active 2 is still priced at $48.99. I wonder if this is the new baseline price now.

i have $25 amazon giftcard so this is tempting, yes or no on the 360 version? I already have some options with p90x, ea active 1/more workouts for wii, and your shape fitness for kinect...so still debating if getting ea active 2 just yet is worth it

bread's done
Back