Amazon DotD - Mass Effect 2 PC $29, 360 $39, PC CE $38

I wish Steam would price match. I want to play this, but I really want it on Steam...

Anyone know, if I wouldn't get it on steam, would the armor from Dragon Age still transfer?

[quote name='dirtybacon']I wish Steam would price match. I want to play this, but I really want it on Steam...

Anyone know, if I wouldn't get it on steam, would the armor from Dragon Age still transfer?[/QUOTE]

it will transfer if you have the promo registered on your bioware account

Can anyone speculate when Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 will hit my sweet spot of $20? I am currently tracking on camelcamelcamel, but I have a feeling, it may take awhile.

[quote name='awsookysooky']Can anyone speculate when Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 will hit my sweet spot of $20? I am currently tracking on camelcamelcamel, but I have a feeling, it may take awhile.[/QUOTE]

It will take a while. It's one of the very best games of this generation. And demand will eventually go back up with ME3's release.

I ordered it yesterday and applied my $10 preorder credit and got it for $35. I called them today and they canceled my order so I could get it for $30. Amazon is the best!

For anyone who missed out on the 360 collector's edition, I can confirm that the Collector Armor/Assault Rifle code in the PC CE works just fine on 360. The other bonuses are pretty sweet too.

Of course the PC CE is on sale, since I bought it at launch and unfortunately haven't even been able to touch it.

Why do I even bother anymore...

[quote name='awsookysooky']Can anyone speculate when Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 will hit my sweet spot of $20? I am currently tracking on camelcamelcamel, but I have a feeling, it may take awhile.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 1 dropped relatively fast, especially after they released a GOTY edition.
ME2 is already selling for ~$35 (PC/360 average), I would expect to see ~$20 before end of summer, especially used.
When a GOTY edition gets announced, expect it to clearance everywhere quickly.
Because it sold well, there will be a TON of used copies floating around already (primed for B1G1 or B2G1 sales).

EA and Ubi aren't known for holding the $60 price point nearly as long as say
Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Activision are...

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Worth every penny[/QUOTE]

It's more of do I want to wait for Steam to put it on sale. I really like having all of my PC games through Steam.

well I decided to pick up a "manufacturer shrink-wrapped" pc CE through warehouse deals for $34. not too concerned with minor blemishes considering I will be opening & using it rather than keeping it as a collectible

thankfully the CE lets you avoid one of the worst things about ME2 - horrid cover art

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For anyone who missed out on the 360 collector's edition, I can confirm that the Collector Armor/Assault Rifle code in the PC CE works just fine on 360. The other bonuses are pretty sweet too.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, as I am one of those people. So theoretically, you could buy the PC CE plus the regular 360 version of ME2 at these prices and come out cheaper than buying an intact (codes unused) 360 copy of ME2 CE on eBay (which seems is difficult to obtain for less than $100)? And you'd get all the same stuff?

[quote name='Tybee']Good to know, as I am one of those people. So theoretically, you could buy the PC CE plus the regular 360 version of ME2 at these prices and come out cheaper than buying an intact (codes unused) 360 copy of ME2 CE on eBay (which seems is difficult to obtain for less than $100)? And you'd get all the same stuff?[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I did.

[quote name='Tybee']Good to know, as I am one of those people. So theoretically, you could buy the PC CE plus the regular 360 version of ME2 at these prices and come out cheaper than buying an intact (codes unused) 360 copy of ME2 CE on eBay (which seems is difficult to obtain for less than $100)? And you'd get all the same stuff?[/QUOTE]

Pretty close. A few cosmetic differences, like the slip cover not having the 360 logo

[quote name='gospelman']Pretty close. A few cosmetic differences, like the slip cover not having the 360 logo[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about that, but I'd probably just keep the regular 360 game case on the shelf anyway. I'm in the minority that kind of likes the regular box art (it's the box art for the original ME that I find rather hideous).

May just pull the trigger on this. Added bonus is I could sell the PC version to my friend for $10 or $15.

I went in for the PC CE, was waiting for it to drop for a long time. I'm really surprised it didn't sell out today, especially considering the 360 version has been long gone. In fact, it looks like Amazon has about 700 (!) copies left, after about 120 sold today. The CE is the #2 PC game of the day, after (of course) the regular edition.

bread's done
Back