Amazon DOTD:Need for Speed: Shift-PS3+XBOX360 39.98

Awesome game. I'm liking it more than Forza. It's gorgeous and it's not as strict a sim as GT/Forza - best racer I've played since Burnout.

Easily worth $40.

This game is the best racing game that I have played. I should note I haven't played Forza 3 other than the demo. Unless you really want to invest 100 hours in a game instead of the 50 hours this requires you will probably enjoy NFS: Shift more based on my experience.

That being said there is little doubt this is going to be $30 or less for BF and after sales.

I loved this game besides the drifting stuff, I did flip it on amazon for Forza, but I put well over 70 hours into it. I would highly recommend this when it hits a price you're willing to pay

I would love to get this, but I just...can't. Aaarrgghh, why do there have to be so many good racing games this gen? Why couldn't it be like the old days where there were only 3 or 4 good racing games, now there's like fucking 10 of them! My wallet cannot handle this, lol.

This game with assists off is 100X the sim Forza is. Forza is meant to cater to the masses, and has been dumbed down to the point that it might as well play for you (it even has a "hire a driver" option). Plus it felt like my car had the greatest shocks in the world, as you don't feel a single bump in cockpit view. I felt like douching immediately after I played it.

In Shift, I was on the edge of my seat every race. The physics are unforgiving; almost frustrating at times. Also, the game practically DEMANDS that you play from a cockpit POV. This is a man's game, which any self-respecting gamer should own.

For me, Forza 3 was about the customization and 400+ cars, but the races do get pretty bland, especially on hard (yeah, I said it), since I can run a perfect or near perfect race and still finish 2nd or 3rd but still get a boat load of points after the race. It's just so unfulfilling until some of the most badass cars on the planet get unlocked, then the ol' jaw drops.

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']I would love to get this, but I just...can't. Aaarrgghh, why do there have to be so many good racing games this gen? Why couldn't it be like the old days where there were only 3 or 4 good racing games, now there's like fucking 10 of them! My wallet cannot handle this, lol.
cool2.gif
[/QUOTE]
I hear you! I miss the good ol days too, when there were one or two top racing games.. Things have gone down hill since the Need For Speed series hit the shelves years ago..

I miss the days of Gran-Turismo domination! Most new racing games are starting to blow in my opinion.. :drool:
I like the:

Oldies-But-Goodies-Logo.jpg

Hmm, I have $25 in Amazon credit. I might pick this up.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back