Amazon DOTD: PS3 Nyko BluWave Remote 9.99

[quote name='kipz']Anyone use this? I use my PS3 for movies and this looks better then using the controller.[/quote]You gotta have line of sight using this since it's an IR remote. Just stick with your controller.

Blu Wave...haha...nice going, marketing.

Sweet, was going to pick up another Sony BD remote for my bedroom PS3, but now I can use the USB dongle from this with my harmony remote. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm curious to see how this Nyko product will fuck up a console, seeing as how the intercooler was pointless and fucks up consoles and then the charger/battery set they sent me to replace the intercooler fucked up my controllers.

[quote name='United_Korea']GOD FREAKIN DAMMIT!!!!! i just bought the same exact thing for $25 just a few weeks ago...:cry:[/QUOTE]
You sure about that? This POS only retails for $20 normally. This is not the sony one. The only use for this is the IR receiver for universal remotes. Personally, I love my blue tooth (sp?) remote and think they all should be. IR is sooooo last gen. :)

[quote name='United_Korea']GOD FREAKIN DAMMIT!!!!! i just bought the same exact thing for $25 just a few weeks ago...:cry:[/quote]
If you bought it off of Amazon (assuming it being $25 due to shipping or whatever), just e-mail customer service to have the difference refunded.

If you bought it at GameStop...lol u gotz pwned. :(

[quote name='United_Korea']GOD FREAKIN DAMMIT!!!!! i just bought the same exact thing for $25 just a few weeks ago...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Calm down. I think that if you look more carefully at the actual listing...you will come to realize that you probably bought the Sony Blu-Ray Bluetooth remote, and not this third party one.

Grabbing it so I can finally control Blu-ray movies with my universal remote instead of needing the controller next to me for movies. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

picked up the Sony one for 19 at BB pricematched with CC, works great, I love the bluetooth and that you don't have to point it at all at the player.

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']I wonder why 3rd party peripherals continue to do USB adapters rather than straight Bluetooth. Its supposed to be a standard.[/quote]Probably because it's cheaper.

[quote name='United_Korea']FREAKIN DAMMIT!!!!! i just bought the same exact thing for $25 just a few weeks ago...:cry:[/quote]
Um. The OP left out a "1" in the price. It's really "$19.99" at Amazon. So don't feel bad!

I, however, AM a bit bummed. I wanted this so I could use my Philips Pronto with the PS3. Right now, the Pronto controls 8 devices of 9. The PS3 being the odd man out with Bluetooth (Universal Remotes all use IR). Buying this thing for $10, I could just plug in the dongle, ditch the remote and I'm set. Ho well.... :(

-Pie

[quote name='Troz1820']The OP didn't leave a "1" out, it was $9.99 yesterday for the DOTD. Deal is dead now.[/quote]
Um... Ooops!

Sorry OP!

-Pie

[quote name='Troz1820']Grabbing it so I can finally control Blu-ray movies with my universal remote instead of needing the controller next to me for movies. Thanks for the heads-up OP![/QUOTE]

Exactly. I just programmed my Harmony 880 with all the codes hooked the dongle into the PS3 and its good to go. Nice product if you have a decent universal remote.

bread's done
Back