Amazon DOTD: Scene It? PS3 $14.99

I could not pass this up. It sells around $32.00 and up. I will play for a bit then sell or trade. The reviews I see say its fair. I like movie trivia, I feel it's well worth it.

Excellent, I can just order and combine with another order I have.

Also it does work with the Buzz controllers.

[quote name='41down']wish it was for the 360 version[/QUOTE]

Same...i just bought the 4 controller pack this week..would have loved to add this to my collection.

Can anyone vouch if this is worth the money? I love the Buzz games and currently own the two on the PS3. I heard some mixed things of this game.

[quote name='nflsonic']Can anyone vouch if this is worth the money? I love the Buzz games and currently own the two on the PS3. I heard some mixed things of this game.[/QUOTE]

The production quality of this installment of Scene It? is the lowest of the console series. I think I like the questions in this one better (and they are more recent). There are a few things about the format I've never liked: almost half the question types are buzzing in, one is release date order, and another is matching pairs. I wish the questions just listed 6 different answers (they list 4) to choose from. They are stuck to 4 choices because of the special controller. Good news: You are not required to use the special controller for this version.

Overall: get it if you and at least one friend/spouse like movie trivia.

[quote name='nflsonic']Can anyone vouch if this is worth the money? I love the Buzz games and currently own the two on the PS3. I heard some mixed things of this game.[/QUOTE]

It's worth it at this price. The core of the game is good- movie trivia and game format. The presentation is not nearly as polished as Buzz and is quite noticeable (the announcer's animations are not always in sync with the sound, for example), but doesn't take away from actual game play.

You cannot play Scene It online, however.

I bought it at $29 and think that was a little high. This price is better matched with what you get.

Enjoy!

This version of Scene It was a total bust. The last version on 360 was excellent with online play, avatar support, etc. This was bare bones.

I bought it in spite of the terrible reviews. I had one for 360 before it RROD'd so hopefully this is about as fun.

I totally want this game, even though I'll hardly, if ever, play it. If it's already on sale for 15, though, I don't see it taking long before one could conceivably pick it up for sub $10 from a clearance rack.

Decisions, decisions.

Good thing I looked up some reviews. I would have gotten it at that price thinking it was like Buzz with random video clips. Instead it's more like Trivial Pursuit with only the movie trivia category, and that's my worst one since I haven't seen a movie in maybe 8-10 years. Seems like a pass.

I did find the 360 version really fun, but the lack of online play in this one is EXTREMELY disappointing. Also, the back of the PS3 case does have a little symbol that says it supports Buzz buzzers.

[quote name='thegame85']Same...i just bought the 4 controller pack this week..would have loved to add this to my collection.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is really crappy compared to the other two 360 games.

-no Avatar support. Instead you get Avatar lookalikes.
-No online functionality at all.

[quote name='stewie75']Debating whether or not to get this... loved the previous :360: games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, fellow green man!

Wow, deal is dead. I didn't expect this to sell out.

Kind of glad it is, I have over 100 unplayed PS3 games, so another one (another 2 actually to get over $25 for FS) was really not needed.

Damn. Sucks that I missed this. This is the only Scene It I don't have. I just played BOS last night and had a lot of fun. Plus I have BUZZ so I have controllers already.

Boo.

[quote name='NutManIV']The 360 version is really crappy compared to the other two 360 games.

-no Avatar support. Instead you get Avatar lookalikes.
-No online functionality at all.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing this game over the weekend for the 360 and I'm enjoying it, but I have to agree that it is a letdown compared to the other games. The online mode and avatar support really gave the last game a lot more life and they are noticeably absent in this title. The generic avatars make annoying noises throughout the game.

All you're getting with this new game is new questions and a creepy new announcer guy whose mouth doesn't match up with what he's saying at all. It's like watching a dubbed over Chinese bootleg

I really don't think it's worth $15 cash unless you are really dying for a new trivia game. I bought it for $22.50 used after EDGE at GS only because I have so much GS credit and I was driving past a store I knew had a used copy.

[quote name='DPsx7']Good thing I looked up some reviews. I would have gotten it at that price thinking it was like Buzz with random video clips. Instead it's more like Trivial Pursuit with only the movie trivia category, and that's my worst one since I haven't seen a movie in maybe 8-10 years. Seems like a pass.[/QUOTE]

Well the key word in the title is Scene. Even before these console versions came out Scene It has always been about TV shows and Movies.

[quote name='flix1']Wow, deal is dead. I didn't expect this to sell out.

Kind of glad it is, I have over 100 unplayed PS3 games, so another one (another 2 actually to get over $25 for FS) was really not needed.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

Stop buying video games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are you serious?

Stop buying video games.[/QUOTE]

That's easier said than done with this site ;)

[quote name='flix1']Wow, deal is dead. I didn't expect this to sell out.

Kind of glad it is, I have over 100 unplayed PS3 games, so another one (another 2 actually to get over $25 for FS) was really not needed.[/QUOTE]
You have oniomania. Look it up. Did you feel deprived as a child?

[quote name='CaptDS9E']This version of Scene It was a total bust. The last version on 360 was excellent with online play, avatar support, etc. This was bare bones.[/QUOTE]

The first Scene It for the 360 was fun-- it lacked some things that were added in the second one, but it still filled a gap in that it was the only movie trivia game out there for the system at the time. Plus, I got it for free on Live Search Club :D

The second one hit the sweet spot IMO. Avatar support, online play, and DLC. Particularly with DLC, I would think the game would have been infinitely updateable, so I was suprised to see the 3rd one come out so quickly.

I hate the look & feel of the 3rd Scene It & wish I had read the reviews first. Questions are okay, but overall the game sucks IMO. I may get rid of it after mining some achievements out of it.

Box Office Smash on 360 is such a great game! If they were going to go the bare-bones route for the sequel and remove many of BOS' best features, why not just keep releasing DLC question packs? :bomb: What a waste.

bread's done
Back