Amazon DotD: Sex and the City - The Complete Series (Collector's Giftset) $100

i don't think there is a non-collector's edition complete series set. i think this is just the big pink box, there's no other s&tc complete series set, that i'm aware of

Sweet, you read my mind, I've been looking for this for the GF. I had just looked at Borders bc of the 40% off coupon that's out for Mon & Tues, and practically died from laughing at their original price of nearly $300.

Picked this up on Black Friday several years ago at this price. GREAT deal. Free shipping makes it even better. One of the coolest box sets I've seen. Granted, it is rather large and heavy.

[quote name='lukewin']i don't think there is a non-collector's edition complete series set. i think this is just the big pink box, there's no other s&tc complete series set, that i'm aware of[/QUOTE]

You are correct - this one is just the big pink box. They're all the same, certain places just choose to put "Collector's Edition" in the title description.

I'm a huge fan of SATC and picked this one up a couple of years back on Black Friday for $100, so this is a good deal. For anyone who buys this, make sure you watch/check all of the discs - there have been quite a few cases (see the Amazon reviews) where a disc or two skips. I went through quite a few sets before I got one that didn't skip, and even now, two of the discs absolutely can't be played on one of my older DVD players (it only works on the newer one). Regardless, Amazon's exchange policy is top-notch, and I wouldn't let that stop you from picking this up (for yourself...or your significant other ;))

FYI, the only difference anyone will notice about this box set is that the earlier ones came in a hard plastic case. But now they come in a lighter softer case.

i wanted to get this for a while now. thing is im afraid to with all the talk of it being faulty with disks not working etc. argh i dunno what to do.

[quote name='postulio']i wanted to get this for a while now. thing is im afraid to with all the talk of it being faulty with disks not working etc. argh i dunno what to do.[/quote]

The overall packaging is very nice, but the major flaw I see is the real potential for disc scratches, likely causing playback issues. The original individual season sets would be the way to go if you're concerned about scratches.

However, this set does have a bonus disc (grey colored); whether it is specific to the collector's set, I'm uncertain. This is my sister's set. If I wanted Sex in the City on DVD, I'd definitely go with the original individual season releases.

[quote name='lukewin']i don't think there is a non-collector's edition complete series set. i think this is just the big pink box, there's no other s&tc complete series set, that i'm aware of[/quote]

Thanks! I bought the complete series during the HBO sale last December at Best Buy for $90. Just wondering if this one was special.

Just got mine in the mail today, took advantage of the prime month trial deal and got it for 3.99 overnight shipping. this is definitely not a collectors gift set just the basic complete series. None the less this is a steal! My gf is going to crap her pants at this gift. Cause I crapped my pants at the price. I hope they have a deal like this soon for Friends, this should definitely give me some brownie points for a few years.

bread's done
Back