Amazon DOTD: Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition: $99.99 (360/PS3)

i think its time i go for it, now i just gotta decide over the day if i want it for ps3 or 360. : /

this is probably the cheapest we'll see the ps3 version of the stick right? I know the X360 version was $80 once

Also would it be cheaper to buy the SF4 Standard Fightstick (which is $50), and then buy new parts for it if breaks down? I'm not that hardcore so I'm considering going that route

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Oktoberfest']this is probably the cheapest we'll see the ps3 version of the stick right? I know the X360 version was $80 once

Also would it be cheaper to buy the SF4 Standard Fightstick, and then buy new parts for it if breaks down? I'm not that hardcore so I'm considering going that route[/QUOTE]

The stick itself w/ balltop is about $28, the buttons are $3 each and technically you only need 6 buttons minus the start and select. So in total, it would be $46 plus about $8 shipping. I rounded up instead of down, so it's probably cheaper than $46. The cheapest I've seen the SE is $40, so ~$94 to mod an SE with the same parts as the TE, assuming you can even find an SE for $40 still. I'd say this is a better deal than modding an SE. Snatch it up ya'll!

I bought this from Fry's during their sale a while back. After using it, I figured out that I'm better at the game using the regular Xbox 360 controller.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I bought this from Fry's during their sale a while back. After using it, I figured out that I'm better at the game using the regular Xbox 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

Keep using it, you'll get better.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I bought this from Fry's during their sale a while back. After using it, I figured out that I'm better at the game using the regular Xbox 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

There is a learning curve to using the stick, especially if you are used to playing a game with the controller. I've had an SE for about a month (going to mod it soon) and even with the crap stock parts I am better than I was using a controller. I just find it more accurate.

Of course, I wasn't really good to begin with anyways.

Yeah. I was the same way. I'm still not great with it, but after a month of playing, every day or every other day, I really improved with the stick and can pull off just about everything pretty consistently (except half circles online for some goddamn reason) But, I still feel better playing with my fightpad, but I force myself to use the stick.

[quote name='distgfx']The stick itself w/ balltop is about $28, the buttons are $3 each and technically you only need 6 buttons minus the start and select. So in total, it would be $46 plus about $8 shipping. I rounded up instead of down, so it's probably cheaper than $46. The cheapest I've seen the SE is $40, so ~$94 to mod an SE with the same parts as the TE, assuming you can even find an SE for $40 still. I'd say this is a better deal than modding an SE. Snatch it up ya'll![/QUOTE]

The unspoken benefit, of course, is that you get to choose exactly what parts you put in your stick. In my case, I wanted clear Seimitsu buttons to go with the custom art I laid down.

If I had purchased the TE, I would have *essentially* paid an extra $50 for Sanwa buttons I don't need (I know there are other differences between the TE and SE, but those aren't as important to me as having the right buttons for my custom job).

these sticks never go below $99 huh??
i want to get it but i think i can settle with a hori one for $48 at amazon, not as nice as the TE i assume, but at least it has a bit more quality than the madcatz SE one.

also what's the difference between this one, round 2, and the new SuperSF4 one??

they are the same i believe the newer ones are just differant colors i believe, i think i'll go for the 360 stick. i already have a tekken stick my friend gave me for free but the quality is decent but i feel it won't last long. and if its pretty easy to mod for both i'll just do that and from playing both 360/ps3 the 360 version seems easier to find games.

as for getting the cheaper one, from what i read from everyone else its better to just get the TE and not have to spend money upgrading the regular stick. but if you play casually i believe its not a bad choice.

[quote name='moommoombaba']also what's the difference between this one, round 2, and the new SuperSF4 one??[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='KaneRobot']What he said.[/QUOTE]

not much of a difference from this and round 2, but the ssf4 stick are smaller for better lap play.

[quote name='hqn101']not much of a difference from this and round 2, but the ssf4 stick are smaller for better lap play.[/QUOTE]

True, but I find the sharp edges not comfy, so it's all preferences I suppose. I think this was as low as $80 on amazon before.

I already have one, and contemplating buying another Round1 to match, or I might wait for a new one next year when MVC3 comes out.

i think its better IMO, but i used to be a huge arcade fan growing up went through all the phases of street fighter and king of fighter games. if you are fine with the controller or fight pad no need to upgrade.

Nice! I missed the Dell deal for $80 so was a sad panda. Looks like I won't be buying too many steam games now.

[quote name='elixe']i think its better IMO, but i used to be a huge arcade fan growing up went through all the phases of street fighter and king of fighter games. if you are fine with the controller or fight pad no need to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

The 360 moves I cant do with the fightpad, and sometimes my 2x quarter turns arent coming out right.

[quote name='Morphx2']The 360 moves I cant do with the fightpad, and sometimes my 2x quarter turns arent coming out right.[/QUOTE]

are you a hardcore player or just casual play here and there? you can try the cheaper versions and would be decent enough to get you started, but if you know down the line you'll want the upgrade i'd get the TE. i'm glad i got the tekken stick for free its decent but you can tell it won't last.

just bought my second. great deal and an even better stick. if anyone plays ssf4 on PSN hit me up at Lovemedestroyer, looking for some sparring partners!

Just thought I would post this, even though it probably warrants it's own thread.

I just seen this at sams club today with SF4 for $42.99 and they only had four of them. Most likely a ymmv case but I figured if anyone is near orland park, illinois. Get it there.

Just thought I would post this, even though it probably warrants it's own thread.

I just seen this at sams club today with SF4 for $42.99 and they only had four of them. Most likely a ymmv case but I figured if anyone is near orland park, illinois. Get it there.

edit: actually my fault. It's a different one.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8200/p00035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elixe']are you a hardcore player or just casual play here and there? you can try the cheaper versions and would be decent enough to get you started, but if you know down the line you'll want the upgrade i'd get the TE. i'm glad i got the tekken stick for free its decent but you can tell it won't last.[/QUOTE]

Im casual...just hate losing because my inputs dont go in correctly :\

Especially with Seth in SSF4..baiting them to do a fireball, then when they do it I do my ultra, but it makes me teleport by accident and I die :\

Happened like 15 times so far!

[quote name='Morphx2']Im casual...just hate losing because my inputs dont go in correctly :\

Especially with Seth in SSF4..baiting them to do a fireball, then when they do it I do my ultra, but it makes me teleport by accident and I die :\

Happened like 15 times so far![/QUOTE]

ah yeah i've had that happen when i use seth its already hard enough to win with his low health, i used to use him a lot but switched recently to honda.

Finally caved on this stick, after a year of lusting after it. I now have a Hori EX-2 that i'm looking to get rid of. If anyone is interested, i'd be willing to get rid of it to a CAG for a decent deal before I put it on ebay.

bread's done
Back