Amazon DotD: The Darkness for 360 $34.99

horrible dotd, gamestop had it for 20 couple weeks ago and its been free with bioshock several times too. Good game though

Horrible. Good game, bad price.

Probably, 1 out of every 20 of these DOTD are worth a damn. It's unfortunate we have to go through all the junk to get something decent later on.

Well, no one is exactly making us "sit through" them. We punish ourselves. Also, considering all the steals Amazon gave us during November and December, I'll give them a pass on some bad ones.

I don't get this game's price. I think it's probably the only game I've seen where it drops to $30 retail and then its retail price is raised again to $60. Proof? Gamestop sells the game used for $27 but new for $60...

It was $20 from Amazon on Black Friday...definitely a bad deal. Maybe retailers saw the sales spike at $20, and thought they could up it to $60 new again?

How is anyone getting shitted on? Amazon constantly has great prices on tons of products. They really don't owe us anything. Can't bitch because you don't get a handout day in and day out.

This is a great story driven driven game. It is worth this price, however, you might as well buy it cheaper since you can.

[quote name='jacknicklson']How is anyone getting shitted on? Amazon constantly has great prices on tons of products. They really don't owe us anything. Can't bitch because you don't get a handout day in and day out.[/quote]

A handout ? Since when is paying for something a handout? I wouldn't be the first person to complain about some of the so called "deals of the day" so relax asshole.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']A handout ? Since when is paying for something a handout? I wouldn't be the first person to complain about some of the so called "deals of the day" so relax asshole.[/quote]

pot calling the kettle black....

[quote name='Malik112099']pot calling the kettle black....[/quote]
Very clever,asshole,thanks for your input as well.

Seems ppl are very touchy if you have a negative opinion about their favorite retailers....Get over it...

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Very clever,asshole,thanks for your input as well.

Seems ppl are very touchy if you have a negative opinion about their favorite retailers....Get over it...[/quote]

I just think there is no need to bitch about the deals. Sure they suck most of the time, but they are by no means shitting on anyone. Calling people names is a good start though :applause:

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Very clever,asshole,thanks for your input as well.

Seems ppl are very touchy if you have a negative opinion about their favorite retailers....Get over it...[/QUOTE]

You sir need to take a midol.

Seems ppl are very touchy if you have a negative opinion about their favorite retailers....Get over it...[/quote]

you seem to be the touchy one

[quote name='jacknicklson']I just think there is no need to bitch about the deals. Sure they suck most of the time, but they are by no means shitting on anyone. Calling people names is a good start though :applause:[/quote]
Rather than sit here and debate this all day I'll retract my earlier statement.

$35 for the darkness is a GREAT deal..In fact,ALL of amazons DOTDs have been great..and if anyone's opinion is contradictes this...then its wrong...

[quote name='Levizk']You sir need to take a midol.[/quote] Think I could borrow one ??

[quote name='Malik112099']you seem to be the touchy one[/quote]
Not really,but I do respond when a post is directed at me because I said $35 is not a deal for this game.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Rather than sit here and debate this all day I'll retract my earlier statement.

$35 for the darkness is a GREAT deal..In fact,ALL of amazons DOTDs have been great..and if anyone's opinion is contradictes this...then its wrong...
[/quote]

it isnt a great deal..no one is debating that...you just jumped down some guys throat cause he defended amazon in a rational manner....that doesnt make him the asshole here....

[quote name='Malik112099']it isnt a great deal..no one is debating that...you just jumped down some guys throat cause he defended amazon in a rational manner....that doesnt make him the asshole here....[/quote]

No,I replied because he's telling me I'm looking for a handout like I don't pay for my games like everyone else here.We're all here to find better deals on games.He can defend amazon if he wants (despite the fact I never said it was a bad site overall,just that the last few "dotd"s have been bad),but when someones telling me I'm looking for a "handout" when I'm here for the same reason he and everyone else is,I'm gonna respond to that hypocrisy.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']No,I replied because he's telling me I'm looking for a handout like I don't pay for my games like everyone else here.We're all here to find better deals on games.He can defend amazon if he wants (despite the fact I never said it was a bad site overall,just that the last few "dotd"s have been bad),but when someones telling me I'm looking for a "handout" when I'm here for the same reason he and everyone else is,I'm gonna respond to that hypocrisy.[/quote]

a normal person would have thought that by "handout" he meant a deal you can't pass up...he wasn't insinuating you are broke and need free games like some dirty bum gamer who happens to have an internet connection

Facts are facts: The deal sucks, but nobody is getting slighted here. We shouldn't always expect to get good deals. When a deal does come along, WE are doing the retailer or seller a favor by buying the product because its taking up valuable shelf space and resources. The retailer is doing US a favor by offering a better price than competitors (just not in this case). It's a symbiotic relationship. Magical CAG moments can happen when deep discounts occur on highly desirable products. *sheds a few tears for TC4 w/GunCon 3 at $40 shipped w/o tax*

At the same time, we can gripe about a deal sucking because that's part of what people in a forum do. Not everything can (or should be) spun as a positive. All anybody here can do is point out bad deals (like saying they suck) and wait for a good deal to come by, so we can all rejoice about how we are all getting such an awesome deal and get along like a bunch of stinking hippies (SOUTH PARK REFERENCE--don't start some shit up about hippies, please).

Not much of a deal if you ask me. $20 or less would have been a deal.

I played the game when it came out, so I don't really care. :)

i grabbed this game for free with Bioshock for $50. Very good game, and its actually worth $35 on its own, but there have been much better deals involving this game and will probably be more in the future.

[quote name='Malik112099']a normal person would have thought that by "handout" he meant a deal you can't pass up...he wasn't insinuating you are broke and need free games like some dirty bum gamer who happens to have an internet connection[/quote]

Well then I guess we've learned two things.

1) I'm not a normal person (no argument there)

2) You either have ESP or are telepathically linked that guy because you seem to know exactly how/what he was thinking.

In summation,$35 for this game is NOT a deal...whereas getting 4 ps2 games for $20 is pretty good (which I'm happy about,thanks to the wkly gs coupon)

Im done....

Wow... gamestop was selling them new for $20 a little while back and amazon was selling this and Bioshock for $50 total...

I want to kick myself for not picking up the eye of judgement when it went on sale ($45 instead of $70!)... but I'll pass on this game. I rented the Darkness and I pretty much hated it. I just keep waiting for a great DOTD from amazon.

bread's done
Back