Amazon DOTD- The Shield Complete Series- $59.49

[quote name='Wazzup36']Man, I wish I didn't own the seasons separately. Such a great deal for the best show in the history of television.[/QUOTE]

Great show! I about bought this when it was $68.49 or so not too long ago. Glad I held out- instant buy!

Reviewers say the packaging sucks, so even though this is an awesome price and I'm really digging this series, I'm just gonna keep buying the seasons individually

Don't forget, it's not just the shield today.
First four seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are on sale today too.

[quote name='Naterrs']Reviewers say the packaging sucks, so even though this is an awesome price and I'm really digging this series, I'm just gonna keep buying the seasons individually[/QUOTE]
Doesn't Sony replace the set for free, though?

bought the shield 150$ new when it came out and was worth every penny, 60$ is a f'n steal, so is the sunny bundle but i already own both sets and paid a premium for both :(

defiantly worth your money

[quote name='TendoGamer']Doesn't Sony replace the set for free, though?[/QUOTE]

No, but Fox does... ;)

And the packaging has been redone since most of those reviews came in...

Damn it I'm trying to save money for the lost bluray but I guess that'll drop down eventually too. Instabuy

I bought it at Best Buy when it came out. I had to take it back because of glue on the 3rd disc. I opened the only other one they had there at the customer service desk and it had the same problem. I picked this up today I'm hopping I don't have the same problem.

Hey guys, any chance of this set dropping below $50? This seems like a good price, but for a blind buy, I was hoping to eventually pick it up a bit cheaper. I would hate to wait till Black Friday to get it for around $40, so kinda torn on this one. Any feedback you could provide would surely be appreciated.

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Hey guys, any chance of this set dropping below $50? This seems like a good price, but for a blind buy, I was hoping to eventually pick it up a bit cheaper. I would hate to wait till Black Friday to get it for around $40, so kinda torn on this one. Any feedback you could provide would surely be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. This is a great price on a great show. If I did not already own all the individual seasons I would be all over this. Less than $9 per season is an awesome price for this show.

I paid almost this much per season when they were originally released. Only thing I hate about the seasons I have is where they were originally released in full screen then switched to widescreen after the first 4 or 5 seasons.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']No, but Fox does... ;)

And the packaging has been redone since most of those reviews came in...[/QUOTE]
What was improved/what was bad about the original packaging?

[quote name='darkdaze73']I doubt it. This is a great price on a great show. If I did not already own all the individual seasons I would be all over this. Less than $9 per season is an awesome price for this show.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's highly unlikely this ever drops below $50 for the Complete Series.

Quite a few of us got it with DDD last week for $5 more. Mine arrived perfect without a single dvd issue, they had paper cutouts around the discs. I know this site is for cheapskates but damn $60 for seven seasons of a kick ass show, grab it, grab it!

[quote name='madara']Quite a few of us got it with DDD last week for $5 more. Mine arrived perfect without a single dvd issue, they had paper cutouts around the discs. I know this site is for cheapskates but damn $60 for seven seasons of a kick ass show, grab it, grab it![/QUOTE]
Hm... now I have to wonder if I should get this.

[quote name='TendoGamer']Doesn't Sony replace the set for free, though?[/QUOTE]
This is apparently true, but they say you get the discs in paper sleeves housed in cardboard. I'd rather have the plastic DVD cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back