Amazon DotD - The Sims Life Stories (Mac) $12.99

[quote name='Pharrell1']Who games on a mac? seriously![/QUOTE]

Someone who owns a Mac. Seriously...

It is good to see that when the occasion allows, the Windows-only user can be every bit as much of a pompous elitist as he accuses the Mac user of being.

I have a better question, why bitch and moan about the Amazon DotD? Like most things in life, it's hit and miss, and sometimes a miss for one person is a hit for another. This one works for me...

It's PowerPC compatible too (haven't had the $$$ to upgrade to an Intel Mac), so this might just be a deal too. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Karyyk']Someone who owns a Mac. Seriously...
[/quote]

You make good points, but aren't CAGness and being a Mac gamer mutually exclusive?

If anybody here is a Mac exclusive gamer, they are wasting a lot of time aren't they?

[quote name='turls']You make good points, but aren't CAGness and being a Mac gamer mutually exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Why would they have to be? Oh yeah, that's right, all that overpriced Mac hardware... *SIGH* Do the math and compare the current lineup of Macs against comparable machines instead of the bottom-of-the-barrel crap advertised by other PC makers, and it's no longer as overpriced as it once was. Since I happen to like OSX a good bit better than Windows (Microsoft closed with XP, but apparently Vista is fumbling whatever ground they had made up), then I'm willing to pay a bit more for that. Like my great-grandfather used to say, "A good un's worth it."). I'm primarily a console gamer anyways (just prefer the comfort of the couch I guess), but I have a Mac, and this isn't a bad deal.

And as for being a CAG, well, I guess the money I save on games will help me save up for that Intel Mac I've got my eye on. Believe it or not, not every Mac user is some privileged prick with money to burn. I saved up for 8 months for my last Mac, and I would imagine the next Mac purchase will be much the same. It's all about preferences, and thanks to OSX, I'd rather use my Mac for most things, including gaming if I have the option (and yes, I do have a perfectly capable, self-built PC, that's not the point).

I was going to respond to all the ignorant OS X bashing, but thankfully Karyyk's got it covered.

This is far, FAR from the "worst deal of the day". Geez. $13 for a pretty solid game is a lot better than the same (or more) for some third party accessory, or a bad game, or whatever.

Among the other ignorant comments, when I've been pricing laptops, Apple's hardware's as good of a deal as Dell's for what I'm looking at (except better made in general).

[quote name='Karyyk']Why would they have to be? Oh yeah, that's right, all that overpriced Mac hardware... *SIGH* Do the math and compare the current lineup of Macs against comparable machines instead of the bottom-of-the-barrel crap advertised by other PC makers, and it's no longer as overpriced as it once was. Since I happen to like OSX a good bit better than Windows (Microsoft closed with XP, but apparently Vista is fumbling whatever ground they had made up), then I'm willing to pay a bit more for that. Like my great-grandfather used to say, "A good un's worth it."). I'm primarily a console gamer anyways (just prefer the comfort of the couch I guess), but I have a Mac, and this isn't a bad deal.

And as for being a CAG, well, I guess the money I save on games will help me save up for that Intel Mac I've got my eye on. Believe it or not, not every Mac user is some privileged prick with money to burn. I saved up for 8 months for my last Mac, and I would imagine the next Mac purchase will be much the same. It's all about preferences, and thanks to OSX, I'd rather use my Mac for most things, including gaming if I have the option (and yes, I do have a perfectly capable, self-built PC, that's not the point).[/QUOTE]

You make excellent point, I am a mac user myself and have been for year (my career dictates it, and I like them better even before those annoying commercials, it is funny to see Windows implementing certain features now that had been in the mac os for a while such as widgets)

That said, I never game on my mac, I just dont like computer gaming. My mac is for internet, itunes, photoshop, imovie... etc.

I am proud of my wife, on her own decided to get a ibook this last weekend. She can still run windows on it, it was a win win for her

To continue with the pro Mac thread...I've never owned a pc, and I never will. But, that being said, I never game on my Macs at all...I'm strictly a console gamer. Just never could get into pc/mac gaming...and I know this is going to sound odd, but in all the times I've tried it, I just can't stand keyboard/mouse control.

I know people swear by it, but I guess if you are a truly OLD school gamer and have been playing games for the last 33 years, you grew up with an Atari Joystick or an Intellivision Pad so the mouse and keyboard just doesn't seem natural for gaming whereas the joystick/pad feels natural...oh well...all that being said, I won't be biting on a game I'll never play...

[quote name='radjago']It's stand alone.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I was thinking it was just another Sims 2 pack...

Oh well, already ordered.

[quote name='Karyyk']Why would they have to be? Oh yeah, that's right, all that overpriced Mac hardware... *[/quote]

No, because the software is usually more expensive. Its like console pricing vs. PC pricing--the same thing seems to always cost more on Mac, and sales/deals are few and far between compared to both PC and consoles.

No bash intended, but my point is if you are a serious gamer and serious CAG wouldn't you have a PC and/or console as a 2nd rig?

If

[quote name='Karyyk']Why would they have to be? Oh yeah, that's right, all that overpriced Mac hardware... *[/quote]

No, because the software is usually more expensive. Its like console pricing vs. PC pricing--the same thing seems to always cost more on Mac, and sales/deals are few and far between compared to both PC and consoles.

No bash intended, but my point is if you are a serious gamer and serious CAG wouldn't you have a PC and/or console as a 2nd rig?

If the argument is that gaming is just better on the Mac, that's a different story, and I can respect that.

Well that's too bad...had it been PC they would have had a sale from me. My wife wants this game so I've been waiting to get it cheap off of DoTD. They already had this for sale on Mac like two months ago and it's back.

I'm hoping they quit with the Mac only software for DoTD. And if they keep the Mac software put up the PC one too.

im surpised how many people are using macs now. I felt so alone 10 years ago. Mac ftw.

OH COME ON! I've been waiting for the game to get a price drop, more importantly the PC version. What the frickin' frack, man?! Guess the luck's not for me.

[quote name='bo0']im surpised how many people are using macs now. I felt so alone 10 years ago. Mac ftw.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way... but their market share seems to be creeping upwards

bread's done
Back