Amazon DoTD The Wire S.1-4 ($95.49)

Beat me to the post, still, 96 bucks for four seasons of The Wire is a fantastic deal since the sale price at CC would put it at about 140 and used prices by compiling the sets at 120+.

I just ordered this. Friends of mine have been raving about this show for the longest time but I've been waiting for it to go on sale. I might pick up season 5 tomorrow, too.

I know I'm being really cheap here, but are there any bill me later codes I can use to lower the price even more?

Edit - I found one. BMLDVDS1

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapass in me wants to wait until I can get all 5 seasons for about $100.

Thanks, OP. I'll have to mull this one over.

Awesome deal for people that don't have it already. It's the best show (that used to be) on television. I'll be picking up S5 tomorrow for sure.

Looks like Wal-Mart has it for $38.86 while both Amazon and Target have it for $38.99. I'd probably just go with Wal-Mart or Target unless you don't mind waiting for shipping from Amazon.

If anybody hasn't seen this show, do yourself a favor and do a blind buy. This show is legendary. Most people make the mistake of checking it out but cease watching because the first 2-3 episodes are for introductory purposes (pretty much character intros) and viewers wrongly assume it's going to be a "boring" show. By episode 3 or 4 the show is full tilt to the finish line with not a single weak episode. Plus, some can't keep up with the realistic dialogue (both in conversation and police department lingo) which can at times make Deadwood sound like everyday conversation.

I got season 5 for $28 on Amazon but that was with a $10 coupon for preordering Battlefield: Bad Company. Nice to finally have a complete set. It'll never be out on Blu-Ray (was only filmed in 4:3 HD), so DVD is the best we're going to get.

I repeat: if you haven't seen this, do so as soon as possible and be prepared for a lot of long nights and an occasional tardy because you couldn't get up for work.

bread's done
Back