Amazon DOTD: Wolfenstein $25 360/PS3

Yeah, if this was less than a Jackson I would probably bite. Having to part with Lincoln in addition to Jackson just doesn't seem worth it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Out of curiosity, what was yesterdays when they fixed it? I forgot to check again today.[/QUOTE]
Medieval games for the Wii. It was $9.99.

This game will be in the $14.99 and under range on Newegg probably within the next 2 months. After playing the demo I'd almost consider $14.99 a bit high to bite.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'll sleep on this one. Definitely want to play this at some point, just don't know if $25 is the right price.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly has the 360 version for $12 at the moment.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Gamefly has the 360 version for $12 at the moment.[/QUOTE]

$12 used isn't a bad price. I got everything I wanted out of it in a 5 day rental though.

It's close to the price point of $20 I've been holding out for, so I may go ahead and buy it knowing full well it'll be $20 or less within a few months.

meh, I'll bite. been looking for something to bundle with a few books ive had in my cart for the last couple days. I liked the demo.

Why would anyone get this from Amazon when they could get it for less than half at Gamefly? I know it's used but everything I've gotten from Gamefly has been in new condition. I love Amazon as much as the next guy...

[quote name='miqspot']Why would anyone get this from Amazon when they could get it for less than half at Gamefly? I know it's used but everything I've gotten from Gamefly has been in new condition. I love Amazon as much as the next guy...[/QUOTE]

personally I'd rather get it new. I know there are some used games that are brand new; however, I don't trust people. When i've rented stuff from blockbuster and netflix many discs are scratch. I'd rather pay a little bit more for the piece of mind that it wouldn't freeze or cause a glitch in the game. But thats just me :)

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']This game will be in the $14.99 and under range on Newegg probably within the next 2 months. After playing the demo I'd almost consider $14.99 a bit high to bite.[/QUOTE]

Its $26.99 on newegg w/ free shipping. So yea newegg will drop it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874117085&cm_re=wolfenstein-_-74-117-085-_-Product

[quote name='miqspot']Why would anyone get this from Amazon when they could get it for less than half at Gamefly? I know it's used but everything I've gotten from Gamefly has been in new condition. I love Amazon as much as the next guy...[/QUOTE]

No way in the world I would buy a rental game from gamefly. I've actually bought 3 from them in the past and each one was in bad to terrible condition. All scratched up and 2 of the 3 had dents around the outside edge of the disc. But this is to be expected, because you are buying a RENTAL game that has probably been all over the country and played by people who treat the disc without any care at all, since it's just a rental that comes to them in a paper sleeve. I know I've read some say they get like new discs from gamefly, but that in itself is nearly unbelievable. I guess they have some copies of some games that they never send out as a rental or something.

Much more fun than people gave it credit for.

Weekend, a buddy, this game and a couple six packs; twas quite enjoyable.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']This game will be in the $14.99 and under range on Newegg probably within the next 2 months. After playing the demo I'd almost consider $14.99 a bit high to bite.[/QUOTE]

NewEgg, ye say??? That sounds better to me. I've been getting some amazing NewEgg deals on mediocre games. I mean, $10 shipped FTW!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']No way in the world I would buy a rental game from gamefly. I've actually bought 3 from them in the past and each one was in bad to terrible condition. All scratched up and 2 of the 3 had dents around the outside edge of the disc. But this is to be expected, because you are buying a RENTAL game that has probably been all over the country and played by people who treat the disc without any care at all, since it's just a rental that comes to them in a paper sleeve. I know I've read some say they get like new discs from gamefly, but that in itself is nearly unbelievable. I guess they have some copies of some games that they never send out as a rental or something.[/QUOTE]

I have bought about 10 games from Gamefly in the past. All but 1 of them were perfect looking.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I have bought about 10 games from Gamefly in the past. All but 1 of them were perfect looking.[/QUOTE]

Well you must be the luckiest SOB in the world. Just the idea that you can get a PERFECT condition RENTAL disc doesn't even sound logical. I gave them a few tries and while each disc worked, they were in shabby condition. One looked like they ran it through a Disc Doctor, which just makes a million little scratches all over it. I usually sell my games on ebay or craigslist after a few months, unless they are games that are some of my favorite keepers, so I don't want a beat up game that I'm going to get MUCH less return on when I move it. I'm VERY particular about keeping my discs in flawless condition.

I'm seeing Wolfenstein for 19.99, used @gamefly. http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Wolfenstein/135880/

19.99 with no tax and shipping and it's worth it for a sealed/new copy. Anything more than that, not really.

It was fun and entertaining but it wasn't worth anywhere near the full retail I paid at launch.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well you must be the luckiest SOB in the world. Just the idea that you can get a PERFECT condition RENTAL disc doesn't even sound logical. I gave them a few tries and while each disc worked, they were in shabby condition. One looked like they ran it through a Disc Doctor, which just makes a million little scratches all over it. I usually sell my games on ebay or craigslist after a few months, unless they are games that are some of my favorite keepers, so I don't want a beat up game that I'm going to get MUCH less return on when I move it. I'm VERY particular about keeping my discs in flawless condition.

I'm seeing Wolfenstein for 19.99, used @gamefly. http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Wolfenstein/135880/[/QUOTE]
That's the reason I never buy 360 games from them. Strictly PS3 titles and most of the discs have been flawless. I'd expect the 360 games to be scratched to hell.

[quote name='sdcranford']I ordered it yesterday from GameFly for $12.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Saw it at Target new for $25, but not worth that to me.

Wolf was one of my most pleasant surprises of last year. A really solid, fun product. 4 months ago $25 might be a good drop for it but the game us probably $20 material now.

That said, I really liked it and think it is worth $25 on merits if not principle

sorry this is a little off topic but if I was going to get amazon prime to buy this, how would I know if I could get free shipping?

does amazon prime apply to any product durign the free trail or is there only a certian list?

[quote name='josh62488']sorry this is a little off topic but if I was going to get amazon prime to buy this, how would I know if I could get free shipping?

does amazon prime apply to any product durign the free trail or is there only a certian list?[/QUOTE]

I believe that any product sold through amazon.com is eligible for prime, but they have free shipping on orders 25 dollars and over.

bread's done
Back