Amazon DotD - Xbox 360 Wired Controller (Black) $27.99

[quote name='RollingSkull']That's about as good as you're going to get on them, I think. These things are just outstanding as PC controllers.[/QUOTE]

I'm jumping on this for just that reason. Kotaku suggests playing the PC version with a 360 controller. Sound enough endorsement for me. In for one.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']I'm jumping on this for just that reason. Kotaku suggests playing the PC version with a 360 controller. Sound enough endorsement for me. In for one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't do much PC gaming but the little I do I"m glad I have this wired controller.

These are, in my opinion, the best PC game controllers. Bought one for a friend so I wouldn't have to hear him say he couldn't play so and so game on a keyboard and mouse. Great deal, thanks!

Might get this just for Skyrim on the PC. Can't think of any other games that might use it though, I wonder how SWToR would play with the a controller.

Personally waiting for the wireless ones to drop this low again. They were sub-$30 before the 360 redesign. I have a wireless receiver for PC anyway, I just want a dedicated wireless controller for it instead of using the same one for both 360 and PC. Not that pairing the controller is any harder than plugging in the controller to the source via a play and charge cable.

[quote name='Flowfaster']Do I need any special software to get this to work on a windows 7 laptop?
thanks[/QUOTE]

No software needed.

I use mine on my 360 and my PC. I got tired of buying battery packs all of the time and it's lighter bc there is no battery pack.

thought about this but opted for the wireless receiver instead since i have multiple wireless 360 controllers. Not only is the receiver cheaper than the wired controller, but it allows up to 4 wireless controllers to be used on the PC which is useful in games like Dungeon Defenders if you want to use more than one 360 controller at a time on your PC.

[quote name='Odinsfury']No software needed.

I use mine on my 360 and my PC. I got tired of buying battery packs all of the time and it's lighter bc there is no battery pack.[/QUOTE]

Good call. The bulging battery pack on the back of wireless 360 controllers is kind of annoying, and whether I use AAs or the battery pack that came with my transforming D_pad controller, they don't last as long per charge as my PS3 controllers.

And the way the ring of light flashes when a wireless 360 pad gets low on charge is very distracting.

Thanks OP I almost bit on one yesterday for $29.99 since the battery in my controller is shot and I wanted a controller that would work on the PC without needing the adapter but for $27.99 this is a no brainer.

bread's done
Back