Amazon DotW: Christopher Nolan Blu-ray Collection (5 Movies) - $24.49

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: This is the Deal of the Week at Amazon for 10/14-10/20 for $24.49.

LINK
======================================================
Original post made: 6/27/11
Both Amazon and Best Buy have the Christoper Nolan Film Collection on Blu-ray (released by Warner Bros.) for just $29.99.

Amazon
Best Buy

This came out yesterday, and comes with the following:

51HwySfWktL._AA300_.jpg

• Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight 2-Disc set
  • Inception 2-Disc set
  • Insomnia
  • Memento
  • 36 Page Hardcover Photo book
  • 10 Collectible Photo Cards
  • $8 Movie Cash to see Dark Knight Rises in theatres (Hollywood Movie Money)

I got the set yesterday from Amazon and it's quite nice. It's a bit on the large side since all the movies come in individual cases, but the outer box is nice and glossy and made of reinforced cardboard stock. At $6 a movie, plus the movie cash and hardcover book, this is a steal in my opinion

Some pics of mine:

scaled.php

nolan2i.jpg

Unboxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMI8z_pqCFE

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more of a photo book with great shots from the movie on thick matted paper stock. There's a paragraph or so written up for every movie included, and select quotes splashed across some photos from the actors and characters involved. You can see a preview of the book in the unboxing vid above

A truly amazing deal for anyone who doesn't already have these movies, but I have the limited edition of Batman Begins, the Batman Begins steelbook, Dark Knight, Dark Knight steelbook, Inception briefcase edition, Inception steelbook, and Memento.. just need Insomnia!

Mike, one of two questions.

1.) Does the BestBuy Steelbooks fit into the case/box well. Say if BB & TDK SBs were in there, would the space be loose enough for comfort or too snug?

2.) Are each of the movies sealed? I would Craiglist three of the movies.

Thanks in advance.

nope on both unfortunately, the steelbooks are too large for it, and the movies don't come sealed. I think the fact that people probably already own one or two of these is the biggest prob with the set. I already had TDK myself but for everything else included I still bit and will try and sell off the extra copy and get what I can

1.) The Steelbooks will fit inside the box, but they are thicker than the standard blu-ray cases so it wouldn't be able to fit all the movies + photobook

2.) They don't come sealed :(

I think the fact that people probably already own one or two of these is the biggest prob with the set. I already had TDK myself but for everything else included I still bit and will try and sell off the extra copy and get what I can

Okay I tested it further and you can actually fit 4 standard sized Steelbooks and 1 standard amaray case in the box. There would be no room for the photobook however. With just 2 steelbooks however, you can still fit the 3 other movies inside, plus the photobook. It's a bit on the snug side but not to the point of them being jammed in or anything. It only becomes too tight if you add the photo card envelope too, but that could be placed anywhere else

4 Steelbooks + 1 Plastic case, no photobook:

2r47400.jpg

2 Steelbooks + 3 Plastic cases + Photobook, no photo card envelope

etd30g.jpg

Above and beyond, thanks a lot man. The two SBs will be perfectly fine for me. Thanks again.

they might after it comes out on Blu-ray, but they'll more likely just put out a Batman trilogy set, perhaps in some sort of collector's packaging. As the video unboxing above shows, you actually could fit another blu-ray in the case, though you'd have to remove the photobook to do that. It still might be a good solution for those that want all the Nolan batman movies in one box.

Wow this is a super great deal.

I dont think I ever got around to buying the batman movies especially on blu.

OK I had to order it. Thanks Cag!

Based on one of the Amazon reviews, this includes the "best" Blu Ray version of each film; I'm only missing Insomnia, but part of me is tempted to spend $30 for the set and try to sell off the Blus I have now. $30 seems like a hell of a steal...

I'm going to hold out for a DKR Steelbook to match the other two Batmans from BB. The set looks cool, but I already have all of these except Insomnia.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Based on one of the Amazon reviews, this includes the "best" Blu Ray version of each film; I'm only missing Insomnia, but part of me is tempted to spend $30 for the set and try to sell off the Blus I have now. $30 seems like a hell of a steal...[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I'm misinterpreting you, but these are the same exact transfers already released, nothing new or upgraded in that department. So if you already have 4 of them, I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy this for Insomnia, the book/photo cards, and movie cash (plus the nice box I guess).

Prestige is distributed by Disney (Toucstone pictures) in the US so Warner couldn't include it. Everywhere else Warner does have distribution rights to it. I'd definitely prefer to have the Prestige than Insomnia myself.

Germany's set for instance has The Prestige in it, but not Memento as Warner doesn't have rights to it there (fox does) but it costs a lot more money than this set:

http://www.amazon.de/Christopher-No...5953&creativeASIN=B007U18T14&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

515Zv8FClyL._AA300_.jpg

Debating about this, but have Batman Dark Knight Blu ray already.
I picked up Shackshaw SB.

Was thinking getting this or the Steelbooks. (batman Begins and Inception)
Should I get Book of Eli? Any good?
Any other SB that anyone recommand from BB? I dont like the Hangover SB.Wish they did better.

I also notice the matrix SB, but where is the other 2 in the series????

Only Blue I don't own is Insomnia and I can't justify buying this for Insomnia.
Plus I have 3 with Steelbooks.
This would also be my 4th copy of The Dark Knight which is already overkill owning 3 versions lol.

[quote name='The Punisher']Debating about this, but have Batman Dark Knight Blu ray already.

Any other SB that anyone recommand from BB? I dont like the Hangover SB.Wish they did better.

I also notice the matrix SB, but where is the other 2 in the series????[/QUOTE]The Book of Eli is FREAKING awesome. That is all.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a limited collection, or if it will be around for a long while? If it's limited, I'll buy it, but if it's not, the price will eventually drop, and I'll buy it then.

I don't think it's limited so I suppose it could drop further, though it may not come with movie cash by the time that happens. I think the set will probably go up in price, at least in the short-term since Amazon is just matching BB's weekly ad price, which should go up after this week

If I didn't already own BB, TDK, and Inception, I'd totally buy this without a second thought. I kind of hate my TDK copy (stupid limited edition case that came with the bat bike), but I'm not sure it constitutes purchasing this. I'll maybe wait for a $20-25 price range.

[quote name='The Punisher']Debating about this, but have Batman Dark Knight Blu ray already.

I also notice the matrix SB, but where is the other 2 in the series????[/QUOTE]

Inception steelbook is only the 1-disc version FYI.

Book of Eli is ok. Not a huge fan of anything
pro-religion
, but it was good enough for me not to mind in this case.

Just picked up this set at my local BB. Great deal if you don't already have the movies and are planning on seeing DKR. Thanks OP!

i do want to see DKR. so i put my previous batmans on ebay, they sold tonite for $12 but the person said paypal wouldnt take his cc..ugh. so now i have to wait to relist. those are the only ones from the set i owned.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Inception steelbook is only the 1-disc version FYI.

pro-religion
, but it was good enough for me not to mind in this case.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. The Inception steelbook I bought at FYE on day 1 looks the same as the Best Buy steelbook, but mine came with the special features blu-ray, DVD, and Digital copy. It probably cost $15 more than the Best Buy version though. It sucks that they took those features out.

I'd be all over this Christopher Nolan set, but the only film I'm missing is Insomnia. I've already bought Batman Begins and The Dark Knight three times each.

For batman begins I bought the special edition DVD, the special edition blu-ray, and the Best Buy steelbook. For TDK I bought the blu-ray, the batpod special edition blu-ray, and the steelbook. I'll probably buy them again when they come out with the inevitable special edition trilogy with "an all new never before seen special features disc."

Honestly, I'll be rebuying these for the rest of my life on every new format. Sames goes for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, etc.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']It appears to be 24.99 on frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/7154562

This is in their weekly ad. Thought it was B&M only but seems like you can order it from the website right now.

Also amazon is showing a 33.86price point at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Ugh thanks ordered one for under $27 total. Already have Inception and Memento but I couldn't resist for this cheap.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Inception steelbook is only the 1-disc version FYI.

pro-religion
, but it was good enough for me not to mind in this case.[/QUOTE]

People have contacted Warner about the missing discs from these recent steelbooks (Inception and Sucker Punch) and have had success in getting the discs shipped to them.

[quote name='ssjmichael']People have contacted Warner about the missing discs from these recent steelbooks (Inception and Sucker Punch) and have had success in getting the discs shipped to them.[/QUOTE]

Hey, can u provide a link for it? What is the process for the missing disc?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ugh thanks ordered one for under $27 total. Already have Inception and Memento but I couldn't resist for this cheap.[/QUOTE]

It now says unavailable for shipping..

So hopefully you still get your order.

$25 at Frys and with free movie cash for $8 to see Dark KNight Rising.

Is it worth a purchase if I already own 3 of the movies?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']It now says unavailable for shipping..

So hopefully you still get your order.[/QUOTE]
Yep I already got the shipping notice.

Absolutely fantastic value. Like many others, I already own all these movies (Christopher Nolan can't be beat), but if I didn't I would be all over this set. Thanks!

They're individual plastic cases, exactly like what you'd find at retail, but aren't sealed. They still have the UPC's for each as well.

nolan2i.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']People have contacted Warner about the missing discs from these recent steelbooks (Inception and Sucker Punch) and have had success in getting the discs shipped to them.[/QUOTE]
Is Inception the only Nolan steelbook that is like that? Anyone know if the Batman Begins steelbook at best buy is the 1-disc or 2-disc version? I know that the Dark Knight best buy steelbook is 2-disc.

The only other I know of is Sucker Punch which either came with the extended editon or theatrical but not both. All others are fine, the Dark Knight does have 2 discs, and Batman Begins is a single disc set (which I believe the regular retail one is too)

I only heard of people contacting warner at blu-ray.com and getting mailed replacement discs in a jewel case, but I'm not sure if there's a number they called or what email address. I've inquired about that and will post it here when I find out

[quote name='ssjmichael']The only other I know of is Sucker Punch which either came with the extended editon or theatrical but not both. All others are fine, the Dark Knight does have 2 discs, and Batman Begins is a single disc set (which I believe the regular retail one is too)

I only heard of people contacting warner at blu-ray.com and getting mailed replacement discs in a jewel case, but I'm not sure if there's a number they called or what email address. I've inquired about that and will post it here when I find out[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response!

[quote name='Docsamson']The Dark Knight Trilogy isn't going to have anything more than these have correct?[/QUOTE]

Nothing except the dark knight rises, and the book

bread's done
Back