Amazon DOTW... Um, what happened?!?

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
Ok, so these deals are posted Sunday morning at mid-night... I went on at 4am and it says the Deal of the Week is SOLD OUT?!? WHAAAAAAAA?

Was it free copies of Final Fantasy XIII or something? Bacause when you click the link, it shows Final Fantasy XIII for $53. There is no way, $7 off FF13 would create havoc sales to the point they sell out of the DOTW in minutes.

:roll::bomb:

It might have been 24% off if I go with what the picture is showing.

51OoGuGAlsL._SX250_SY185_SX185_PI24-percent,BottomRight,0,0_OU15_SY185_SX185_.jpg

Yeah, Amazon is a little sketchy like that. They always advertise their savings against a price that nobody is really asking. You'll see a blu-ray listed at "40% off!" yet you'll find it for the same price at Futureshop or HMV.

Just a lesson, I guess, to pay attention to the price rather than the discount.

Yea always check local prices before jumping in some amazon deals. Sometimes you can walk into shop and find it same or few dollar difference.

[quote name='SLeeK719']This game was $30 at Kmart 2-3 weeks ago, why are people paying $53....[/QUOTE]
Because not everyone lives in the US?

[quote name='SLeeK719']This game was $30 at Kmart 2-3 weeks ago, why are people paying $53....[/QUOTE]

I don't think Canada has any Kmart loactions, or at least Winnipeg doesn't.

don't worry, FF13 will eventually drop in price
I'm pretty sure it will drop around 29.99 before end of summer or at least 39.99

[quote name='Jbently']Because not everyone lives in the US?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RavenousBear']I don't think Canada has any Kmart loactions, or at least Winnipeg doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Canada doesn't have a Winnipeg, we have enough disgusting people floating around our Wal-Mart at all times of the day, we don't need more.

[quote name='foxmcloud']don't worry, FF13 will eventually drop in price
I'm pretty sure it will drop around 29.99 before end of summer or at least 39.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm hoping to catch this as a greatest hits just before it turns into the red box (yuck). I'm not convinced enough to buy it at $59.99 or whatever.

K-Mart hasn't been in Canada since 1998. All the Canadian stores were sold to the Hudson Bay Company and either closed down or were converted into Zellers.

The More You Know.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']K-Mart hasn't been in Canada since 1998. All the Canadian stores were sold to the Hudson Bay Company and either closed down or were converted into Zellers.

The More You Know.[/QUOTE]
I remember getting some nice big box PC games on the cheap like The Secret of Monkey Island when my city last had a K-Mart. The glory days of PC gaming!

[quote name='trippingmartian']I remember getting some nice big box PC games on the cheap like The Secret of Monkey Island when my city last had a K-Mart. The glory days of PC gaming![/QUOTE]

I remember buying the Incredible Machine from K-mart... I also remember just before they closed, they had a bunch of N64 games they were still trying to sell for $70

Now Zellers is the replacement for laugh out loud video game prices. The one near me still has a big display for Guitar Hero III... Hmm, game + guitar for $99? Where do I sign! Pfft!

i couldnt even find any games at 'my' zellers... when are they gonna have an actual site like walmart!

bread's done
Back