Amazon Download - 20% off Warhammer 40k - $39.99

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGGERs,

Edit - Dead Island is temporarily unavailable. I will let you know when it is back up.

We're selling Warhammer 40K: Space Marine and Dead Island for $39.99 right now. If you were thinking about picking the game up and haven't yet, this might be a good opportunity for you to do so!

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

As always, please feel free to let me know what you think about this deal!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
2. I hear you all loud and clear on pre-orders and will actually toss a question back at you. What drives your purchase decision on pre-orders more, $$ off or in game stuff?
[/QUOTE]

definitely $$ off i usually dont preorder well any game in general unless theres a good discount.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']When does the discount end? I want to wait on a $25 Amazon giftcard coming in the mail.[/QUOTE]

We don't have a set "end date" announced yet but I can tell you that it will be running at least through the end of today.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Nelo Ice']definitely $$ off i usually dont preorder well any game in general unless theres a good discount.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Well, you'd be surprised how disconnected some retailers are with their customers these days. So it really is refreshing to see some take the time to advance the consumer's experience, especially since Amazon has already been delivering one of, if not the best shopping experiences for many. The way I see it, both sides simply prosper even more with moves like this.

Definitely $$ savings! This is evidenced by the growing Green Man Gaming customer base here. Simply put, the lowest pre-order prices out there hold the keys to our wallets! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mattcube64']:applause:

I don't have much at all to add to this comment; but it's a great summary of the current state of gamers on this board. Some are flippers, some are hoarders, and others are whiny and entitled. BUT (!), *a lot* of us are game fans through and through. We want to support developers, our favorite distribution sites and clients, and our fellow gamers. We share a hobby; and just like any other hobby, you feel a stronger connection with your peers and the creator and seller of your passion. But, unfortunately, in the current climate, cash is king. And we're often forced to wait on a AAA game or deal with crappy customer service at particular B&M stores because money is tight. And with that said, I think lower prices are going to win over a lot of hearts. Seems simple enough; but for some reason, a lot of retailers don't realize we're not all that interested in a crappy bonus gun (Gamestop), a "Buy New Release get an old release for 50% off" (Best Buy), or "Get a Blu Ray for free with purchase of new release game" (Best Buy again). We're a smart bunch, we don't really jump to our cars to spend more money or to get some silly bonus that we either don't want or need. We want a discount on Day One... or earlier.

Oh, and also; I agree that NewEgg has done a solid job of discounting their retail PC games. A lot of people still like discs, boxes, and manuals - something you can "hold". But, don't forget, those customers will be waiting 2-3 days to get their game. If we can be playing (or at least downloading) our games at 12:01am on release day, that's a worthwhile incentive to go DD (so long as prices are still competitive).[/QUOTE]

I'm extremely slammed right now but wanted to take the time to apologize for not getting back to you sooner with a response to this awesome feedback.

I will do so soon though, hopefully this weekend! I can tell you that this community has been phenomenal for driving discussion in my group.

Keep it coming!

Cheers,
Tony

1. If we sell a title that is Steamworks you can buy it from us and activate it on Steam, both Dead Island and WH40K fall into this category.
[/QUOTE]

I touched on this in the other thread, but this is noted way down on the page in small fine print that is easily overlooked. It's a selling point, not something to sweep under the rug. I am 10x more likely to buy a game from Amazon if it registers on Steam, particularly if it is being sold for less than what Steam sells it for.

Steam does have some good sales, but other than the deal of the day, their sales are really only a couple of times a year so I am always on the lookout for deals on Steamworks games elsewhere.

Thank you, Tony, for your constant effort to be involved in the gaming community! :)

Steamworks is definitely an added attraction. It's nice to able to organize your games on one platform with a social community rather than have them scattered. For example, I chose to purchase the DD for Dead Island from Amazon rather than Steam b/c of this deal, and because I have friends on Steam that I want to play with. :)

[quote name='Flesseck']Thank you, Tony, for your constant effort to be involved in the gaming community! :)

Steamworks is definitely an added attraction. It's nice to able to organize your games on one platform with a social community rather than have them scattered. For example, I chose to purchase the DD for Dead Island from Amazon rather than Steam b/c of this deal, and because I have friends on Steam that I want to play with. :)[/QUOTE]

That is awesome I'm glad you took advantage of the deal. AAAAANNNND by popular demand here is a page with all of the new releases that are currently 20% off at Amazon.com. Before anyone asks, if it is a Steamworks game then yes, you can play activate it on Steam :).

Click here!

Cheers,
Tony

2. I hear you all loud and clear on pre-orders and will actually toss a question back at you. What drives your purchase decision on pre-orders more, $$ off or in game stuff?

[/QUOTE]

$5 bucks hands down. The in game stuff is rarely anything other than fluff, and if it is substantial (like a case in L.A Noir), it will generally be available for DLC at the $5 price point a month later.

$5 off actually isn't enough to convince me to preorder. You won't see me doing a preorder for anything less than $10-$15 in credit. The extra digit makes the difference. Amazon credit is as good as money to me so I'll take credit off over cash up front if you can do me better with it.

I loathe bonus content for the incomplete experience it generates but it really depends on the game. Just Cause 2 had some great DLC but then it all came out for sale later, so I won't fall for Eidos preorder stuff again.

Catherine with the art book and soundtrack was enough to get me to preorder at the $10 credit price at Buy.com when I would not have otherwise.

@Tony

Any plans for Amazon to get Hard Reset for PC download?

Just tried the Demo from Steam - and it rocks.
Graphics are gorgeous [1920x1080 on Ultra] on my my PC [i7 950, 8 GB RAM, GF 560 Ti, Win 7] and gameplay feels like Painkiller in a cyberpunk setting.

bread's done
Back