Amazon - Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition Guide - $20.99 (40% off)

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Collectors-Official/dp/076156246X/

Product Description

Lore: Learn the story leading up to this epic struggle that can't be found anywhere else.
Interviews: Step behind the scenes with revealing interviews with the development team.
Art: Our stunning art section showcases the best artwork Dragon Age has to offer.
Hard Cover: Rugged Hardcover edition for extra durability.
Guide: Includes the complete Dragon Age: Origins strategy guide.
Signed Cover: Signatures from the entire Dragon Age development team appear on the inside front and back cover to add to the custom Collector's look and feel.

408 pages long :shock:

damn good deal for anyone who wants to get this guide

of course the one time Amazon manages to send me a guide on time is when it drops in price later that day, but I've emailed them asking for a refund of the difference

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped on it, as I don't have a huge amount of time to play before MW2 drops. Gonna try to play through as much as possible before then. xD

[quote name='Brother Daz']They did kinda that with my ODST when it dropped $9 release day, I emailed about the $9 and they refunded it, and a day or two later I got the automatic refund for $9. So in the end I paid $27 for it.[/QUOTE]

oh man it would crazy if the automatic refund also kicked in

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Any hands-on impressions for this guide?[/QUOTE]

I just got my copy from UPS and its a really nice looking guide and has a ton of information :bouncy:

outside of an air bubble that formed on the binding within the front cover :bomb: I have no complaints (and that's just my OCD kicking in)

[quote name='judgedee']What about Fallout 3?[/QUOTE]

the Fallout 3 CE guide still worth decent money

[quote name='62t']the Fallout 3 CE guide still worth decent money[/QUOTE]

I just looked it up and you're right! Considering I bought it for 20 bucks new on Amazon I don't feel so dumb about it now.

On a more tangential game book note, I'm getting more paranoid about guides and art books now that the Okami art book I wanted to get is now 40 bucks minimum when it was 18 at launch.

I'd rather get it cheap rather than wager that it might get cheaper, especially if it's CE.

I just bought this last night since it was in my GB and today i bought the Fallout 3 GOTY CE Guide as it was in my GB. Which is nice since it includes all the DLC. But i wish i would've ordered the Oblivion GOTY guide when it was available.

Hey hey! Amazon just emailed me a shipping notification for my CE guide and I got upgraded to 1 day shipping for free, so it will be here tomorrow when the game arrives! Woot!

Amazon's refunding me the difference. I simply posted their own words in the box:

"If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service."

Well, I just had my first horrible experience with Amazon CS. My first call got accidentally disconnected, and when I called back the rep first told me "your order already shipped, i can't change the price, and we don't pricematch anyway." When I informed him they weren't pricematching, they were just living up to the guarantee on my order confirmation email and on their website, he then said all he could do was refund me $2.10 to get to the current price of $20.99, even though I've had this damn book preordered since July.

I then asked for a supervisor, who also didn't seem to know anything about their guarantee, and after putting me on hold also said they could only go by the current price. I got tired of arguing and being on hold (probably 20-25 minutes total already) and told him I was dissatisfied, but I didn't feel like he could help me any more.

I fired off a huge email detailing the whole situation and my general dissatisfaction and decreased likelihood of placing future far-reaching preorders if they can't even live up to their guarantee, so we'll see what happens.

I fought over the principle and the fact that I was so annoyed by their customer service reps having no idea of their policies. If I can't trust that the preorder price guarantee will work, or that they'll back it when it doesn't, that makes me less likely to preorder as many things in the future. I like being able to order in advance and not have to worry about tracking prices, and knowing that it will automatically drop in price for me.

Usually it takes a couple days before Amazon will refund me the difference automatically to match the lowest price from when i first pre-ordered it. The system doesn't always catch it during the preorder and you get the refund afterwards. This happened to me for WET.

Saw this yesterday morning for $18.99 and almost pulled the trigger, then a few hours later it jumped to $20.99???? =( I decided to just get the regular guide for $16.49 instead. I got the Fallout 3 CE guide when it first came out, and I really didn't like the hard cover. It made looking things up at the start and end of the guide difficult.

I just got the automated refund email from Amazon, refunding $4.20 to match the $18.98 price. So anyone who got it manually refunded can most likely expect a double refund again.

Yep, I got a double refund... Oops. That's never happened before! I e-mailed them arbitrarily saying I should have gotten $5 back (even though it was like... what, $4-something?), and then today I got the actual refund as well.

Hmm. Now I feel a bit guilty.

Yeah, after all my bitching, I got the double refund as well. I emailed them back and told them to re-debit the $4.xx from me. I figure I've gotten enough great credits and deals from Amazon that I want to be honest with them. I do still wish their customer support people would have had a damn clue about their own policies though.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Yep, I got a double refund... Oops. That's never happened before! I e-mailed them arbitrarily saying I should have gotten $5 back (even though it was like... what, $4-something?), and then today I got the actual refund as well.

Hmm. Now I feel a bit guilty.[/QUOTE]

I got a triple refund :shock:

I think I may actually have gotten a triple refund, too. How the hell does that happen? Maybe I should e-mail them and let them know that they refunded me too much.......

I got my guide today (a day early), and the corners of the cover are pretty beaten up. Ha. If I hadn't gotten a triple refund, I would've bitched about that, too. :)

So, just to confirm this with you guys, I'm pretty sure I got the normal refund twice (which apparently most of us did), and in addition, due to my bitching that "I should've gotten $5 back!", I also got a $5 "good will refund".

So I essentially paid... what... $9 for this?

I am struggling with some guilt issues here.

Nice guide, too, and a fun game. I keep creating characters and mucking around with the origin stories. I think being a female rogue human noble looks pretty fun. You get a castle and a dog! :) Tho I suppose I won't be in charge of the castle for long, it's still fun to make believe. Plus my character is sexy. I hope there's hot armor in this game.

:)

Er... guess that was a little off-topic.

lol @ double refund
151l1259.jpg

Well heres one for all you guys with double refund! I came home a bit ago and seen TWO packages lying on my front porch. Sure enough they sent me two of these collector edition guides, I was charged for one only.

Should I call them or something or just count myself lucky and keep it? I would hate to be charged for it later or something.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Amazon only charges when they ship. Sell it on ebay for $20[/QUOTE]

Im actually thinking of putting it up, arent these guides usually worth something later on? Especially if its still sealed.

I'd let them know if I were you. I bet they'll just tell you to keep it anyway.

I wonder why the heck they're having so many problems with these guides?

bread's done
Back