Amazon - Dragon Age: Origins PS3 - $22.50

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition comes out in October I think..might wanna wait to buy the game until then if you care about all the add-ons.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Dragon Age Ultimate Edition comes out in October I think..might wanna wait to buy the game until then if you care about all the add-ons.[/QUOTE]
I'm holding out for the Ultimate Edition and hope to god it include Awakening and some of the other DLC.

[quote name='uscommander']im getting tired of buying rpgs on launch. Fallout 3 and now Dragon Age ripping off initial buyers.[/QUOTE]

yeah, how dare they release 100+ hour experiences and yet expect us to PAY for additional content when they invest additional millions of dollars to create awesome experiences that enhance the already lengthy games? If you don't want to buy a game until a year or two after launch when all the DLC has been packed in to a GOTY edition that's your prerogative but saying initial buyers are getting "ripped" off because they're not getting all the DLC which has been independently developed shows that you're an entitled jerkoff who doesn't understand the gaming industry and what (for the most part) awesome things companies like Bioware and Bethesda are doing for the advancement of DLC. This is cheap ass gamer not jackass gamer.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']yeah, how dare they release 100+ hour experiences and yet expect us to PAY for additional content when they invest additional millions of dollars to create awesome experiences that enhance the already lengthy games? If you don't want to buy a game until a year or two after launch when all the DLC has been packed in to a GOTY edition that's your prerogative but saying initial buyers are getting "ripped" off because they're not getting all the DLC which has been independently developed shows that you're an entitled jerkoff who doesn't understand the gaming industry and what (for the most part) awesome things companies like Bioware and Bethesda are doing for the advancement of DLC. This is cheap ass gamer not jackass gamer.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

As others have said, the ultimate edition comes out in October. I believe it ships on the 11th so it will be available on the 12th-13th for most retailers, don't think it's street dated.

That's what I'm waiting for. Hoping for details though, still unsure on if it will have awakening or the last dlc for origins that comes out in September.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']yeah, how dare they release 100+ hour experiences and yet expect us to PAY for additional content when they invest additional millions of dollars to create awesome experiences that enhance the already lengthy games? If you don't want to buy a game until a year or two after launch when all the DLC has been packed in to a GOTY edition that's your prerogative but saying initial buyers are getting "ripped" off because they're not getting all the DLC which has been independently developed shows that you're an entitled jerkoff who doesn't understand the gaming industry and what (for the most part) awesome things companies like Bioware and Bethesda are doing for the advancement of DLC. This is cheap ass gamer not jackass gamer.[/QUOTE]

I consider most dlc this gen a rip off. They take content out of these games and it pisses me off. Im not whining about not getting a good value. Im just upset that it seems devs are telling us wait and year and you will get more content for free. Doesnt seem like a good buisness model to me.

[quote name='uscommander']I consider most dlc this gen a rip off. They take content out of these games and it pisses me off. Im not whining about not getting a good value. Im just upset that it seems devs are telling us wait and year and you will get more content for free. Doesnt seem like a good buisness model to me.[/QUOTE]
Not to take any credit from Dragon Age but with the upcoming Morrigan DLC it feels like we're paying for the ending to DA:O.

[quote name='uscommander']I consider most dlc this gen a rip off. They take content out of these games and it pisses me off. Im not whining about not getting a good value. Im just upset that it seems devs are telling us wait and year and you will get more content for free. Doesnt seem like a good buisness model to me.[/QUOTE]
So you're angry that they're packaging all this DLC in a GOTY edition for free and allowing you to buy what should cost upwards of 100 dollars for only 60 if you wait a year or two?:roll: Games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Borderlands, and others have DLC add-on packs that are INDEPENDENTLY developed after the game is released. None of those games have any DLC that was withheld from the original game (with the possible exception of Warden's Keep which is debatable). The developers know that people really enjoy the experiences they've been having so they invest additional millions of dollars into creating addons that give the player the option to spend some more money and lengthen an enjoyable experience. Don't get me wrong, some companies do rip you off with DLC (Capcom i'm looking at you), but Bioware and Bethesda aren't among them, so how about you do some research before you make ridiculous generalizations and throw accusations around at the companies who are doing whats best for us gamers.

[quote name='Master Troll']Not to take any credit from Dragon Age but with the upcoming Morrigan DLC it feels like we're paying for the ending to DA:O.[/QUOTE]

Um...no. Everyone got their unique individual endings in DA:O, and what happens to Morrigan afterwards is outside of the scope of the original story. Your argument would be the same as saying "Leliana's DLC is like paying for the prologue of the game." :roll:

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']So you're angry that they're packaging all this DLC in a GOTY edition for free and allowing you to buy what should cost upwards of 100 dollars for only 60 if you wait a year or two?:roll: Games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Borderlands, and others have DLC add-on packs that are INDEPENDENTLY developed after the game is released. None of those games have any DLC that was withheld from the original game (with the possible exception of Warden's Keep which is debatable). The developers know that people really enjoy the experiences they've been having so they invest additional millions of dollars into creating addons that give the player the option to spend some more money and lengthen an enjoyable experience. Don't get me wrong, some companies do rip you off with DLC (Capcom i'm looking at you), but Bioware and Bethesda aren't among them, so how about you do some research before you make ridiculous generalizations and throw accusations around at the companies who are doing whats best for us gamers.[/QUOTE]

There is no way you can justify that statement.

[quote name='uscommander']There is no way you can justify that statement.[/QUOTE]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fallout-3-operation-anchorage-interview

Eurogamer: Did you have a sense of what you'd do with the DLC during development of Fallout 3? Or did you sit down at the end and go, "Right, what the hell are we doing?"
Jeff Gardiner: "What the hell are we doing?" is much closer to the mark. We opened up to ideas from the whole development team, and Operation: Anchorage is just one of several that rose to the top.
admittedly I have no factual evidence of other games having independent DLC development other than the fact that it's pretty much common sense.

[quote name='monkeydoodle']Um...no. Everyone got their unique individual endings in DA:O, and what happens to Morrigan afterwards is outside of the scope of the original story. Your argument would be the same as saying Leliana's DLC is like paying for the prologue of the game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Expect people that chose the Dark Ritual ending didn't get any resolution to their story. Now we have to pay $7 just to get a conclusion to the story we started in Origins.

bread's done
Back