Amazon DS Gold Box deal 6AM PDT 7/3 - GTA Chinatown Wars $19.98

PleasantOne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I apologize if this has been posted, but I didn't see anything about it.

The 6AM Gold Box clue for today is: Roam the most morally bankrupt city in the world on the Nintendo DS.

GTA China Town Wars perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this about an hour before the OP in the Deal/Shopping Discussion Forums because I didn't know if this would actually be much of a "deal" since we don't know the price yet.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229444

[quote name='kodave']I didn't post this in the deals section because its not 100% yet and I don't know how much of a deal it'll even be, but the Amazon Lightning Deal for 6 AM PST (until 10 AM PST, or supplies run out) has this preview description:

Quote:
Roam the most morally bankrupt city in the world on the Nintendo DS.

I'm guessing that means Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Currently it's $29.99, it was $28.99 the day before, with the average price being $30.99 and the highest price at $33.99.

It dropped to $23.97 for one day back in May when it was the Deal of the Day.

So who knows what it may be in 5 1/2 hours.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kodave']I posted this about an hour before the OP in the Deal/Shopping Discussion Forums because I didn't know if this would actually be much of a "deal" since we don't know the price yet.[/QUOTE]

These sort of things always get posted here. Typically the deal is good, even if the offering isn't.

Gotta be GTA.. It's selling for $30 now, so I'd imagine $20 is what they'll probably sell it for. It'd be tempting at that price, though I can probably wait for $15.

[quote name='bvharris']Gotta be GTA.. It's selling for $30 now, so I'd imagine $20 is what they'll probably sell it for. It'd be tempting at that price, though I can probably wait for $15.[/QUOTE]

This is the same thought I had on it... I'd definitely bite at $15, but I can't imagine the discount would be that substantial. Was reading the DS thread about it, and see people like it... just wondering if it is long enough to warrant a $20 purchase for me. I think I saw someone say they beat it in 9 hours??

Yup... there it is for 19.98

[quote name='PleasantOne']This is the same thought I had on it... I'd definitely bite at $15, but I can't imagine the discount would be that substantial. Was reading the DS thread about it, and see people like it... just wondering if it is long enough to warrant a $20 purchase for me. I think I saw someone say they beat it in 9 hours??

Yup... there it is for 19.98[/QUOTE]

over on gamefaqs

I beat it in exactly 12 hours and 36 minutes but I didn't speed through I did a lot of drug dealing on the side among other things so the reviewers are on crack you could theoretically power through in 6 hours i suppose if your good and have fast cars

Rated: +0 / -0

[quote name='slidecage']over on gamefaqs

I beat it in exactly 12 hours and 36 minutes but I didn't speed through I did a lot of drug dealing on the side among other things so the reviewers are on crack you could theoretically power through in 6 hours i suppose if your good and have fast cars

Rated: +0 / -0[/QUOTE]

Thank you fro the info. Dag, that seems short to me... maybe I'm too used to RPGs. Replayability at all, in your opinion?

[quote name='rdogg1026']My prediction is $24.98

If it is not $24.98, First person to PM me gets a 48 hour XBL code.[/QUOTE]

You've got mail! :)

if you need a mag you could get them cheaper this way

Purchase this game and get 50% off select gaming mags as low as 9.00

its probally the same ones they offered back in april

nintendo power
xbox mag
psm
and some pc mag (wouldnt know until you got the email)

The game is well worth $20. I didn't know you could even see how long you've been playing the game (must be hidden in stats somewhere), but when I played it non-stop for days, I went through at least 3 recharges with my DS, and I stopped playing once I beat the actual story, there's probably plenty of rampage missions and other bonus (read: waste of time) things to do that I don't bother with.

It's a bit on the easy side, but it's the most fun I've had on the DS possibly ever. It's not the highest rated game on the DS for nothing. It's a technical and gameplay winner through and through. If you've got prime or $5.02 filler already in your cart, I'd say buy it instead of waiting for the pricedrop. It's definitely worth it.

[quote name='Kerig']The game is well worth $20. I didn't know you could even see how long you've been playing the game (must be hidden in stats somewhere), but when I played it non-stop for days, I went through at least 3 recharges with my DS, and I stopped playing once I beat the actual story, there's probably plenty of rampage missions and other bonus (read: waste of time) things to do that I don't bother with.

It's a bit on the easy side, but it's the most fun I've had on the DS possibly ever. It's not the highest rated game on the DS for nothing. It's a technical and gameplay winner through and through. If you've got prime or $5.02 filler already in your cart, I'd say buy it instead of waiting for the pricedrop. It's definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

I decided to go ahead and bite, based on this. Thanks for your input :)

Briandadude, thanks for recommending the earbuds as filler. With $5 in MP3's included and the bonus of free shipping with the order this is a good deal all around.

bread's done
Back