Amazon early BF deals R back: Walking Dead Vita 4 game bundle $175, Watchmen Ultimate CE $22.96

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen sucks, the Director's Cut flows better. The only thing added to Ultimate is the integration of an animated feature which really has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. And for some reason, the Ultimate set does not allow you to choose to watch the Director's Cut version.

I actually think the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen sucks, the Director's Cut flows better. The only thing added to Ultimate is the integration of an animated feature which really has nothing to do with the rest of the movie. And for some reason, the Ultimate set does not allow you to choose to watch the Director's Cut version.

I completely disagree. The Ultimate is the best version bar none. The weaving of the Black Freighter into the movie really made me happy as a fan. If you don't like it I think it's safe to assume you haven't read the comic. However, at this point I'd imagine the hardcore fans have all bought their copies by now. I now I have.

You are right, I haven't read the comic. I do plan to someday...
although I haven't opened my CE yet (bought it earlier this year for ~$50), reading the novel will make a huge difference. The Black Freighter subplot is very well intertwined into the action that's going on in the main storyline. I'm debating whether to open this up or not....

Oh, Watchmen. How I love thee.

The Black Freighter is absolutely critical to the story. Glad it was included in the Ultimate Edition.

Sigh... just thinking about the movie makes me sad. Would have been much better as a mini-series. 

Damn this is tempting for the book. I have a paperback and Watchmen DC on that Triple Feature blu-ray. I still want though

Dammit should I buy it from GH to save $7??
It dropped to $22.96 @ Amazon! Updated the op.

Doesn't come with owl ship or steelbook, those were different versions. Amazon reviews are a mess because they combine reviews for every version. This comes with a fold-out digibook for the discs (ultimate cut with black freighter & motion comic), plus oversized hardcover graphic novel. the book is certainly not the same size as the giant omnibus editions that dc and marvel do, however.

This is the CE in the op:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R9LU3KP-z0

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back