Amazon Echo (Must Request Invintation) Reg. Price $199 / Prime Members Save $100 for limited time!

Interesting, it's like Siri without the iPhone.  I see this becoming most popular with the RealDoll crowd.

After watching the video, if it doesn't have any sort of subscription fee (not sure how it connects to the cloud), I could see spending $99 on much dumber things.  Not bad, Amazon, not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOCeAtKHIc

(also note, Alexa is the default name, you can change it to Sexbot 3000 once you receive it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, it's like Siri without the iPhone. I see this becoming most popular with the RealDoll crowd.

After watching the video, if it doesn't have any sort of subscription fee (not sure how it connects to the cloud), I could see spending $99 on much dumber things. Not bad, Amazon, not bad.

(also note, Alexa is the default name, you can change it to Sexbot 3000 once you receive it)
Thanks for posting the video, wanted to add that into my original post but my internet was giving me issues. I agree about spending $99 on much dumber things, so I'll probably pick it up if they accept my request. Makes you wonder if the whole requesting an Invintation is just a marketing strategy.

ITS THE RISE OF THE MACHINES  AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

H

AHhhhhhhh HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tempted to buy one

Basically a smart bluetooth speaker to funnel you into buying more stuff from Amazon...sounds interesting, my sister has Prime so I may get her to order it for me. 

I saw this yesterday, I think there is a ton of potential there, I didn't realize the $99 price point was only for Prime customers. Considering it.

This morning Amazon sent out quite a few invitations to purchase, if you requested an invitation I recommend you check your email and see if you've been accepted. At this point it is unsure if Amazon will continue to be sending out invitations in the coming days/weeks, as of right now people are speculating that the invite criteria from this morning may be based around how active you are with using the Amazon cloud.

Got my invite the other day, says it's good for only 7 days.  I ordered one! Shipping time is sometime in July, so I have plenty of time to cancel if I change my mind.  Seems like a fun little toy for $99.

I still don't understand if it relies on wi-fi to access the cloud, or if it has some sort of built-in cellphone style connection to Cyberdyne The Cloud.

Got my invite the other day, says it's good for only 7 days. I ordered one! Shipping time is sometime in July, so I have plenty of time to cancel if I change my mind. Seems like a fun little toy for $99.

I still don't understand if it relies on wi-fi to access the cloud, or if it has some sort of built-in cellphone style connection to Cyberdyne The Cloud.
Congrats, I ordered mine in early January, it should be arriving in the beginning of next month. My brother decided to let his invitation expire since he doesn't seem too interested in the device. As far the access to cloud, my guess would probably be that it requires a Wi-fi connection since it's meant to be a static household device.

Had mine for about a month. It relies on wi-fi to access the cloud. For $99 I really like it. I love getting home and just yelling out some random musical artist for Alexa to start playing. Also use it when I need an alarm to get up early and as a bluetooth speaker for my iPhone. I need to look into even more uses for it but have been pretty busy with work as of late. 

Sounds cool but doesnt seem to do anything I can justify 100 bucks for.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back