Amazon FF PS2 controller for PC/PS/PS3 for $12.99

thanks op, I was looking for a cheap pc controller to see how i like it compared to using a mouse/keyboard and the fact that it works with the ps3 is a plus.

I have this. Pretty good third party controller just DO NOT download snakebyte's driver. It causes blue screens. Works great without the driver for Final Fantasy 14.

[quote name='shadowkast']Kinda looks like the boomerang prototype controller Sony first showed when the PS3 was announced[/QUOTE]

exactly what i was thinking

[quote name='tuklaw']Does this work with a NES/SNES emulator?[/QUOTE]

It's USB.. It should work with pretty much anything on the PC.

[quote name='DigitalE']It's USB.. It should work with pretty much anything on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! In for two.

[quote name='The Punisher']
Final Fantasy PS2/PC/PS3 (someone on review said it works) controller.

Anyone know anything about the company? Is this like a third party controller? Is this any better then the PS2 or Tron controller?[/QUOTE]

...so how exactly is this supposed to work with PS2?

I actually bought one from them a month and a half back and it works pretty good, I didn't download the software just plugged it in and use it for my pc gaming not FF games thou just eww. I paid 30 bucks thou since it's an official FF item so at 13 bucks pretty good deal. It has worked well for me so far.

also bought my cousin the wii mini motes http://www.amazon.com/Snakebyte-SB0..._8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1314520787&sr=1-8
and it's good for small hands

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...so how exactly is this supposed to work with PS2?[/QUOTE]
I doubt this will work with PS2, and if it does its probably just for FF games on the PS2 assuming the games were made to look for USB controller.

This won't work with the PS2, and no review said anything about that.....

Also keep in mind that this doesn't have a home button so you'd still have to access another controller (or remote) to exit games, and do other things

[quote name='meta460085']I doubt this will work with PS2, and if it does its probably just for FF games on the PS2 assuming the games were made to look for USB controller.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that'd be my guess

[quote name='ssjmichael']This won't work with the PS2, and no review said anything about that.....[/QUOTE]

OP said it

looks I agree with but the feel of it was pretty good, responds well including the analog imo.

Anyone else who has this have any thoughts?

[quote name='ssjmichael']This won't work with the PS2, and no review said anything about that.....

Also keep in mind that this doesn't have a home button so you'd still have to access another controller (or remote) to exit games, and do other things[/QUOTE]

SSJMichael, thanks for the correction. I was thinking that maybe the usb will fit on the ps2? Thats why i was asking if this was any good. Also, someone on amazon talked about it working on the ps3?

i was debating about this. I dont have a ps3 (why is the home button important?)

Was looking for a pc controller to play Batman aa, resident evil 4/5. I love the xbox 360 controller on the xbox. How does this feel when gaming on pc?

Not sure if this works with the ps2 or not, but the ps2 has a USB?

Is this as good as the PS2 controller? (First party, not the cheap 3nd party controller)

The Home button is used to:

- Access the XMB in-game
- Exit to the XMB in-game
- Can be used to turn off system or the controller

(among other things)

Unless I'm missing something, there would be no way for you to exit the game you're playing with out it. You would either need a spare controller with a home button, the PS3 remote, or completely shut off the system with the buttons on the PS3 itself (which I wouldn't advise people to do)

And this does NOT work with the PS2, I don't know where you're getting this misinformation from Punisher..The PS2 was not designed to work with USB controllers for all games.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Home button is used to:

- Access the XMB in-game

(among other things)

Unless I'm missing something, there would be no way for you to exit the game you're playing with out it. You would either need a spare controller with a home button, the PS3 remote, or completely shut off the system with the buttons on the PS3 itself (which I wouldn't advise people to do)

And this does NOT work with the PS2, I don't know where you're getting this misinformation from Punisher..The PS2 was not designed to work with USB controllers for all games.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion everyone. Havent been confirmed yet if this works with PS2 or not. The Amazon review from others said this works great on
pc and ps3 (PS3 has no home button) Please read review of Shaheer saying working on some PS2 games.

From Shaheer, "For some reason, the product description doesn't seem to mention that the controller also works on the Play Station 3, which was a very pleasant surprise. I had only one controller and I found out that this controller works on PS3 games when trying to play Modern Warfare 2 for two players. So far, I've tested this game on MGS4, CODMW2, FF13 and a few PS2 games and it seems to work well for all of them. It doesn't have PS home button, so it can never be a good enough replacement for the original Sony controller."

Has anyone got this controller can give feedback?

Thanks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Home button is used to:

- Access the XMB in-game

(among other things)

And this does NOT work with the PS2, I don't know where you're getting this misinformation from Punisher..The PS2 was not designed to work with USB controllers for all games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction and thank you for talking about the home button as i dont have a ps3. Debating of pickup. I have a ps2 and want a controller for PC.

From that quote it seems the reviewer was stating he tried a few ps2 games using his ps3. At least that's what I get from it.

I ordered one strictly for PC gaming, and occasional use on the PS3. Just got it today and I will test it out tonight. It's actually quite big in the box but I'll give more in depth thoughts once I test it out.

[quote name='azngtlman']I ordered one strictly for PC gaming, and occasional use on the PS3. Just got it today and I will test it out tonight. It's actually quite big in the box but I'll give more in depth thoughts once I test it out.[/QUOTE]

Please do. Can u see if this is as good as those logitech controllers?

Since I tried to read reviews, I can't confirm if this works on a PS2 console or not. So, I'm going to say that its does not work on PS2. Sorry for the mishap everyone.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah he probably is using it on a PS2 backwards compatible PS3[/QUOTE]

I wasnt thinking about that. Thanks SSJMichael.

[quote name='The Punisher']Please do. Can u see if this is as good as those logitech controllers?

Since I tried to read reviews, I can't confirm if this works on a PS2 console or not. So, I'm going to say that its does not work on PS2. Sorry for the mishap everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm really not that much of a PC gamer and this is my first PC controller. Wouldn't be able to tell you how it stacks up against others.

[quote name='azngtlman']I'm really not that much of a PC gamer and this is my first PC controller. Wouldn't be able to tell you how it stacks up against others.[/QUOTE]

ok. Tell us what do think so far. Thanks.

My friend actually has one of these that he won at NY Comic Con last year. It sorta straddles the line between very good and very cheap. It feels pretty solid, but the buttons aren't the best. Everything works good though... Well... worked. His analog sticks now register as being slightly tilted even if they are perfectly straight. So, unless someone else has had these for a while and put some use into them, I'm gonna say these are more a backup/collector's item than an everyday controller.

[quote name='Chronis']My friend actually has one of these that he won at NY Comic Con last year. It sorta straddles the line between very good and very cheap. It feels pretty solid, but the buttons aren't the best. Everything works good though... Well... worked. His analog sticks now register as being slightly tilted even if they are perfectly straight. So, unless someone else has had these for a while and put some use into them, I'm gonna say these are more a backup/collector's item than an everyday controller.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Isnt that analog stick problem happen to all first and third party controllers? I was debating between this, logitech, and a official xbox 360 controller.

Tested it out a bit last night. Plug and play, drivers installed automatically in Windows 7. Tested on Portal 2 and Borderlands for a few minutes each before my daughter stole the controller from me. Everything moved smoothly and the response times were pretty good from what I could see. Though the button configuration was buggy.

Borderlands: left analog stick made me move the opposite direction of what I pushed. Up moved backwards, and vice versa.

Portal 2: Didn't reconfigure the buttons so the right analog stick aimed the portal gun as well as shot random blue and orange portals. With more time, I'll try to re-map the buttons and see how it works out.

[quote name='azngtlman']Tested it out a bit last night. Plug and play, drivers installed automatically in Windows 7. Tested on Portal 2 and Borderlands for a few minutes each before my daughter stole the controller from me. Everything moved smoothly and the response times were pretty good from what I could see. Though the button configuration was buggy.

Borderlands: left analog stick made me move the opposite direction of what I pushed. Up moved backwards, and vice versa.

Portal 2: Didn't reconfigure the buttons so the right analog stick aimed the portal gun as well as shot random blue and orange portals. With more time, I'll try to re-map the buttons and see how it works out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect this long dead thread, but I purchased this controller a few days ago. Anyway, I noticed a couple people in this thread were saying they had a problem with this controller (or its drivers) causing blue screens...I'm having the same issue. Did anyone find a fix for this? I haven't tried downloading the manufacturer's drivers because I've heard they also have problems. Is it possible to use this without any of the above drivers? It's a decent controller and I'd rather not return it, but obviously having blue screens every time I play is unacceptable.

bread's done
Back