Amazon FOX Blu-Ray B2G1 Sale (34 Titles)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:br: Get Three Blu-Ray Discs for the price of Two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_20_right-3_1CSBCazEACCAA?ie=UTF8&docId=1000225131&tag=blurayforum-20

$18.95
Species
The Last Waltz

$19.95
Cast Away
Men of Honor
The Terminator
The Usual Suspects

$25.95
28 Weeks Later
Alien vs. Predator
Commando
Courage Under Fire
Die Hard
Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Die Hard with a Vengeance
Eragon
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Home of the Brave
I, Robot
Ice Age
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Independence Day
Me, Myself & Irene
Mr. Brooks
Mr & Mrs Smith
Pathfinder
Phone Booth
Predator
Rescue Dawn
Robocop
Sunshine
The Day After Tomorrow
The Hills Have Eyes 2: Unrated
Wall Street
Windtalkers
X-Men - The Last Stand

Best Value
I found a secret discount if you apply 2 order from the list above and saved additional $5.

Credit Goes to Jericho from DVDtalks.

[quote name='Jericho']These combos should all work for $5 off...

Save $5 off Commando + Predator
Save $5 off Home of the Brave + Rescue Dawn
Save $5 off Mr. Brooks + The Usual Suspects
Save $5 off Robocop + The Terminator [/quote]

Edit: Example below
1252esk.jpg

Add one more item for free.
2zp5jyw.png

Please Note: B2G1 is currently inactive. Please come back soon. ;)

hmm. Can only find two movies I want in that batch - I, Robot and ID4. I'll come back later and decide. Thanks for the heads up iNCREDiPiNOY. :)

[quote name='AlphakirA']prices aren't being discounted in my cart and I don't see the link to this deal anywhere on the site. Dead already?[/QUOTE]

Read the bottom at the first post. :roll:

Might want to put that in the beginning of the topic, since ya know, it's clearly not easily noticeable near the 4000 things in your sig...Nor does the word 'un-actived' get me to stop and reread. Perhaps if it said 'inactive' I might have stopped and realized what the hell you were trying to say.

:roll: - right back at cha.

Hmm, same here--only two of interest (FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER and PHONE BOOTH)...looks like I'll be passing. (*sigh*)

Don't you just love it how amazon has brought up the prices of some of these up? Specifically, I remember ID4 and I robot being $20 or $19 each. Buying three $25.95 movies yields a net price of $17.30 each movie, which isn't that bad, but could have been better.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Rip
Off

$17.95 per disc sucks.[/QUOTE]

Glad my additional 10% discount is still active, that helps things a bit.

[quote name='orgy08']Don't you just love it how amazon has brought up the prices of some of these up?[/quote]

I love it!

[quote name='HeadRusch']Rip
Off

$17.95 per disc sucks.[/quote]

I agree, there hasn't been a good deal on any movies on Amazon in months.

I Robot and ID4 I would want but I can't find a 3rd movie to go with it bc the rest of the selection I have some and the rest of the selection sux.

Don't support "Sales' that put the price of BD's at the same price as new films should debut at.
$9.99 or $12 or $13 bucks, ok.......but $18 or $19 each, thats just a rip, thats what these titles should debut at, not be at a 'sale' price.

I'd like to get Predator & 28 Weeks Later, but there's no 3rd movie & this deal isn't all that good either, so I'll pass.

[quote name='AlphakirA']Wow...they just raised all the prices :bomb: - that's pretty scummy of them to do...[/QUOTE]
Amazon has been impressing me less and less lately

Exactly :\

I just sent an email over to them expressing my discontent. I'm sure it won't help, but maybe if a few of us pointed this out...

I can understand randomly changing prices to reflect the market, but to do it specifically because somethings going on "sale"? This doesn't seem that different from the little BestBuy.com fiasco last year...

Fox is generally higher than every other studio. These are actually very good prices for Fox movies. Call me a sucker, but I am in for Predator, Commando, Mr. Brooks, The Usual Suspects, Ice Age and I, Robot.

The Fry's sale is better of course, but this saves time and gas and you know they are in stock.

Thanks OP.

From what I've seen the prices go down shortly after the B2G1 sales. I've never had price matching problems after a BOGO or a B2G1 so I would imagine there should be no problems doing the same for this one.

You..shouldn't really have to do this, but just know that you can do this if you are unhappy with the current prices. Not that I'm ordering anything this time around anyway

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Fox is generally higher than every other studio. These are actually very good prices for Fox movies. Call me a sucker, but I am in for Predator, Commando, Mr. Brooks, The Usual Suspects, Ice Age and I, Robot.

The Fry's sale is better of course, but this saves time and gas and you know they are in stock.

Thanks OP.[/quote]

Sucker.

They're not terrible compared to Best Buy prices, but considering that just this morning they were $2 cheaper than miraculously raised as soon as the sale kicks in is a cheap tactic...

In for Usual Suspects, Terminator and Cast Away. Also, I dropped them an email about the price increase, and we'll see if they do anything about it. Doubt it, though you never know.

The extra $5 off by getting both Robocop and The Terminator sold me. Don't much like them raising prices as the sale starts, but I've never had any problems getting a PM after a sale, either, so I'll order and deal with them later.

Almost in for X-Men: The Last Stand but I have to assume there is going to be an inevitable double dip with the (better) rest of the trilogy sometime in the foreseeable future, be it around Christmas time to supplement (and compete with) the release of Iron Man, Dark Knight and Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray or next May for the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Ugh...why can't the whole trilogy just be out now, I'd be in for that?

In for Robocop + Terminator + Independence Day.

I love seeing all the minuses on my order:

Items: $76.85
Shipping & Handling: $4.96
Best Value Savings -$5.00
Promotion Applied -$7.69
Super Saver Discount -$4.96
Promotion Applied -$20.95

Total Before Tax: $43.21
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $43.21
You got free shipping!

For those that feel like bitching (like I did). This was my response after a second email to them:

"
Greetings from Amazon.com.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

I understand your concern regarding the price increase where as when you have
added the items to you cart it was less.

Therefore, because your business is important to us, if you still want to
receive the same items I request you to kindly place an order with the current
price listed on the website and then write back to us with the order number with
the difference amount you need to get so that we can issue a refund for it.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:"

Can't give out the link because it's a one time use only thingee, but couldn't hurt to email them.

Hmm I might go for AVP, Commando, and Predator but I already have Predator--so I'd need to be able to get $18 on eBay for Predator and then I'd be paying a lil over $15 for the other two.. I also wouldn't might getting Mr & Mrs. Smith, Fantastic Four, and Sunshine, just not for $18 a pop. Somebody trade those to me lol

[quote name='AlphakirA']just this morning they were $2 cheaper than miraculously raised as soon as the sale kicks in is a cheap tactic...[/quote]

Recently Amazon has resorted to price matching Best Buy and Circuit City deals. One thing that I find funny is how many people that come to this site that go in on things like these B2G1 deals and buy a lot of new releases. $26 for movies that should be $15 = fail. Movies that are $26 that should be at the most $19.99 before a sale = fail.

Can we not post deals like this? I'm not saying that to be rude to the OP but can we seriously delete threads with crap deals? Almost all of those movies have been at least $5 cheaper on Amazon and on sale other places for a lot less. But hey don't pay any attention to a post like mine, $52 for 3 crappy/old movies sounds like a great deal!

I'm just fine waiting for better deals and prices to come down in general but I can't understand why anyone (especially CAG'ers) would bite on this deal especially after what I quoted above.

Not a fan of the price hike followed by B2G1 :bomb:

I want to buy at 10ea, 15max for high wants, not 17-18ea for decent films

thanks though OP

Simply put, the prices are what they are even if you do not agree with them.

Regardless of your stance on the prices this is still a valid deal for people that want these movies. Just because it isn't cheap enough for you to buy doesn't mean that other people won't find posting this deal helpful.

But I agree on the selection, though these discs are still a good chunk off of brick and mortar prices the selection of movies isn't stellar this time around.

Contemplating I, Robot, ID4, and Wallstreet. All movies I have been wanting. $18 each is kind of hard to swallow though.

just an FYI, this ends Today

according to each of the titles pages

Wish I had something else to get with Mr. Brooks, ended up getting ID4, IRobot, and Day After Tomorrow though

bread's done
Back