Amazon - Free Extra Character & Disc Pack with Disney Infinity Starter Kit Pre-Order

RedStep

CAGiversary!
Amazon is offering a free Character of your choice ($12.99) AND Disc Pack ($4.99) with a pre-order of the Disney Infinity Starter Kit. It looks like you can select your figure when you pre-order. For existing pre-orders, I was sent an email with the promo codes this morning, when I applied them both it ended up at $0 total for both (not sure if shipping applies, I have Prime). Not a bad deal!

Disney Infinity releases on August 18, 2013 in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/DISNEY-INFINI...id=1363621039&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+infinity

Bonus Offer on DISNEY INFINITY

You will receive a power disc pack free with your selected starter pack and bonus figure for preorders until August 17, 2013 11:59PM. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Shipping and handling charges may apply to all products, including bonus items. Find out more about DISNEY INFINITY here.

Edit: It looks like they have two versions listed (well, more than two if you count the variants). One that has the pre-order figure selected (link above) and one that sends you a promo code to select your own figure (link below). Not sure why they went that route... probably to apply to existing pre-orders correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AXI9WFS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very obvious Skylanders are much better. This will bomb.

Plus there's no need for it. Same essential game without the expensive toys already exists, it's called Disney Universe.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']It's very obvious Skylanders are much better. This will bomb.

Plus there's no need for it. Same essential game without the expensive toys already exists, it's called Disney Universe.[/QUOTE]

Wat? Kids love Disney. Kids love Skylanders. You are obviously old and out of touch with reality. Got to love old people commenting on games they don't care about.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Wat? Kids love Disney. Kids love Skylanders. You are obviously old and out of touch with reality. Got to love old people commenting on games they don't care about.[/QUOTE]

At least skylanders was original. Disney is just cashing in on their stupid library of characters. My kid loves skylanders, and I own too many disney movies, but I'm avoiding this one like the plague. The last good disney game to be released... was... hmm. Maybe kingdom hearts (but that was more SE than Disney, AND only the first couple were good, after that they started to beat it like a dead horse with infinite bad sequels, which is exactly what both SE (final fantasy) and Disney are famous for, so it kind of makes sense).

I think comparatively speaking, this game won't do as well as skylanders. This is probably just another Epic Mickey disaster waiting to happen.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Wat? Kids love Disney. Kids love Skylanders. You are obviously old and out of touch with reality. Got to love old people commenting on games they don't care about.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered this... So when people on hear drool over Skylander deals are most of them shopping for their kids or for themselves?

I'm too old (34) to appreciate Skylanders, and my son is too young (3) to get into them. I don't fully understand the game, but can understand why it would be popular with kids. However, I always thought it was strange that many members on this forum clamoured for them.

The Disney one seems like a better fit for me and my son as he gets older. He will already recognize the characters as opposed to the random monster looking characters Skylanders has. I think if gameplay is engaging and fun, it should do well since the characters will be familiar to all.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']It's very obvious Skylanders are much better. This will bomb.

Plus there's no need for it. Same essential game without the expensive toys already exists, it's called Disney Universe.[/QUOTE]

This one is not exactly Skylanders apart from the obvious Toy Figurines. It is basically Lego + Little Big Planet with Skylanders style Input methodolgy.

What? Have you played Disney Universe? There is literally no similarity between the two aside from Disney Characters. That's a standard platformer that happens to have costumes. This is a "toybox"-style game with all different kinds of play.

And this will absolutely NOT bomb, people will lap it up. Luckily it looks good as well, I'd bet that it will destroy the next Skylanders (Swap Force) in sales.

[quote name='RedStep']What? Have you played Disney Universe? There is literally no similarity between the two aside from Disney Characters. That's a standard platformer that happens to have costumes. This is a "toybox"-style game with all different kinds of play.

And this will absolutely NOT bomb, people will lap it up. Luckily it looks good as well, I'd bet that it will destroy the next Skylanders (Swap Force) in sales.[/QUOTE]

Disney universe was their attempt to copy little big planet. The logic was "hey that game has great sales, but lets remove all the creativity and just allow them to use disney costumes, because disney is better". I bought that game for $5 new the same year it came out. You still cannot find lpb for $5.

As for disney infinity, I have a friend who works for disney and they think they're going to give skylanders a run for their money, but from everything he has told me it is a lesser game. And just look at the trailer for skylanders swapforce, OMG.

tl;dr little big planet > disney universe, skylanders > disney infinity.

Disney Universe was completely different developers.

Did you play Toy Story 3? This is essentially a sequel to that, with toys in addition to the traditional unlockables.

How about you do research before you get defensive? Otherwise you come off childish. Trust me. There's a reason Avalanche spent so long working on this. This isn't a simple rushed cash-in.

[quote name='jedolley']I'm too old (34) to appreciate Skylanders, and my son is too young (3) to get into them. [/QUOTE]

I'm not too old (32) to appreciate Skylanders. I don't know what your problem is. Not young enough at heart?

[quote name='ShinAkuma']This must be a general preorder promotion, because Toys R Us is doing it too.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy one doesn't have the Disc Pack ($5), Gamestop does, can't tell whether TRU does or not. TRU is of course pricing the figures up ($13.99) so that will suck.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Did you play Toy Story 3? This is essentially a sequel to that, with toys in addition to the traditional unlockables.[/QUOTE]

Toy Story 3's "Toy Box" mode was totally solid. (Love that it's even the same feature name in Infinity.) Spent more time in there than the main game. The fact that Avalanche is developing this is a huge plus.

It's sad that this game is still "on the disc", like Skylanders, and the toys are just unlocking content. I wish this was more DLC style in that as you buy new figures, the game would update online w/ new content. That way as new Disney movies come out, etc, they don't have to rerelease the game, just patch and update to provide the newer content to match the newer toys.

[quote name='jedolley']I'm too old (34) to appreciate Skylanders, and my son is too young (3) to get into them. I don't fully understand the game, but can understand why it would be popular with kids.[/QUOTE]

I'm 31 and my son is 3. I love it because it's a Diablo style dungeon crawl w/ great production value and tight control, plus I know it's helping him get into gaming. (Heck, I buy the 3DS games just for myself.) He loves it because it's bright, colorful and has really nice toys.

The Amazon Deal does come with a $5 PowerDisk which is essentially a paid stats increase. (The others don't appear to be offering the disk)

[quote name='emperordahc']It's sad that this game is still "on the disc", like Skylanders, and the toys are just unlocking content. I wish this was more DLC style in that as you buy new figures, the game would update online w/ new content. That way as new Disney movies come out, etc, they don't have to rerelease the game, just patch and update to provide the newer content to match the newer toys.[/QUOTE]

Blame the Wii for that. Since Wii games are unable to be patched, ESPECIALLY with DLC, the game has to be built around having it all on there. The WiiU improves on that a bit, but it held back a lot of game design, due to Nintendo's reluctance to allow big DLC on the limited storage space.

[quote name='Lanmind']What do you all think about the Pokemon NFC collectables coming?[/QUOTE]

The toys are cheaper, but it's Nintendo. There's a built-in fanbase, but it's only one platform, not 4. Also, as of late, their hardware offerings have been faltering. I'm sure there's going to be some boneheaded design decisions.

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Amazon Deal does come with a $5 PowerDisk which is essentially a paid stats increase. (The others don't appear to be offering the disk)[/QUOTE]

That's very true

Disney kids will love it, but is there enough of them to beat out skylanders? My kid saw both trailers and doesn't seem to care at all about the disney game, but wants me to play the swap force add weekly.

Also, none of the disney characters are going to talk because they didn't want to pay their high priced actors e.g. tom hanks, johnny depp.

IMO playing as disney characters fighting the same bosses and levels in the movies isn't very exciting. They should try and focus on making something new and not just re-hashing their brand over and over again.

I'm going to say fuck you Disney making me have to spend money. My kids love the Skylanders and are already asking for Skylanders Swap Force (he's in pre-school, how did he know there was a video online). How am I going to hide Disney Infinity from them throughout the entire Christmas season media blitz. You suck Disney, you really do.

I want a Stitch though.

[quote name='AukeySeven']Disney kids will love it, but is there enough of them to beat out skylanders? My kid saw both trailers and doesn't seem to care at all about the disney game, but wants me to play the swap force add weekly.

Also, none of the disney characters are going to talk because they didn't want to pay their high priced actors e.g. tom hanks, johnny depp.

IMO playing as disney characters fighting the same bosses and levels in the movies isn't very exciting. They should try and focus on making something new and not just re-hashing their brand over and over again.[/QUOTE]

I dont remember a disney movie where Mr.Incredible can fight it off in a Pirate themed level against Sully.

Anyways, as i mentioned before, apart from the obvious cash grab with the toys..this feels like a more complete n fun game than Skylanders ever will be. Little Big Planet(toybox) with Disney Characters apart from the normal story mode...i think Disney has something very promising. And come on dont forget their charcters catalog who r eventually gonna show up!

[quote name='AukeySeven']Also, none of the disney characters are going to talk because they didn't want to pay their high priced actors e.g. tom hanks, johnny depp. [/QUOTE]

Tom Hanks doesn't do any voice overs for Woody. It's all done by his brother, Jim.

And for being cheap, I doubt it. They pulled in Jesse McCartney again just to do additional VO for new cutscenes in KH1.5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_McCartney

And you're ultimately a complete liar.
http://monstervine.com/2013/02/disney-infinity-qa/
All of our characters are voiced – in fact, it’s more voice than we’ve ever had in any previous Disney Interactive product. All these voices are handled by Disney Character Voice – the same organization that does it for the films. Additionally, these characters will be voiced in every language in which Disney Infinity will be available. That’s over 20 languages!

But keep saying that they're cheaping out on this.

Edit: Disclosure, I may have worked on a few Disney games. I take this seriously.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Tom Hanks doesn't do any voice overs for Woody. It's all done by his brother, Jim.

And for being cheap, I doubt it. They pulled in Jesse McCartney again just to do additional VO for new cutscenes in KH1.5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_McCartney

And you're ultimately a complete liar.
http://monstervine.com/2013/02/disney-infinity-qa/

But keep saying that they're cheaping out on this.

Edit: Disclosure, I may have worked on a few Disney games. I take this seriously.[/QUOTE]

We will see when the game comes out, all I know is what my friend told me, things could change. Trufax the jack sparrow character is the only one that is going to be hand painted, so get that one for sure.

If it is fun, it will sell well. If it is like the other disney games e.g. disney universe, tom story mania it will bomb.

I hope it does well tbh

[quote name='AukeySeven']We will see when the game comes out, all I know is what my friend told me, things could change. Trufax the jack sparrow character is the only one that is going to be hand painted, so get that one for sure. [/QUOTE]

Jack Sparrow is one of the three characters that come in the starter pack. Literally every copy of the game will have that one.

I think I'm gonna stop playing Skylanders anyway so I'll probably try to get into this. There's no reason to think it won't do well as kids love Disney and it's not like Skylanders will be THE only game of its kind and no other companies will stand a shot to compete. It's just another genre like FPS or RPG games, as they don't own a monopoly on this type of game so I'm certain Infinity will do well as long as their prices aren't way more than Skylanders.

Anyway, this seems like a great starting deal so I'll definitely bite. I will definitely be sold on this game if they continually add new characters to the game all the time and don't pigeonhole their releases by a set roster only. That's been my biggest gripe with Skylanders, as it sucks that they'd rather make repose figures of old characters more than designing new ones for more variety. Disney has so many options with their characters considering all they own so this could be incredible.

bread's done
Back