Amazon games: Jump at promos or wait?

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!
So I want Assassins Creed 2 (which you can get with a $10 promo gc if you preorder) and Borderlands. Essentially, these are the only 2 games I decided to hold out for to black friday.

But then I got to thinking: Is it worth it to wait for Assassin's Creed 2?

I mean the price is $57 and has a $10 promo gc, and I would buy it with gc anyway. I would use all promo GC I get this season for Mass Effect 2. Is it worth it to wait it out or should I hold on till Black Friday for a better price?

Damn you for tempting me amazon

Let me just rub my crystal ball to see if it will get any cheaper
*Try again later*
DAMNIT

Well amazon has that pre-order price guarantee where if the item is cheaper on release date, they will refund you the difference. Other than that, there really isn't a way of telling if that game will be cheaper during the holiday season. My guess is that it probably will be cheaper sometime in the next 2 months but there is no way of knowing.

Ubisoft games are notorious for falling in prices near weeks after release. I'd expect AC2 to plummet after the initial holiday rush. If you can hold off in the slightest bit, I'd wait.

FYI, if you can't wait, there is a $5 off Amazon coupon floating around for AC2, which makes it $52, then the $10 credit. Still too much IMO.

well, $52 and a $10 promo gc is tempting, but the fact you guys say ubisoft is notorious in dropping their game prices makes me consider waiting :whistle2:/

Guess black friday will be the tell all for me.

Yeah, my hesitation in jumping on the Amazon AC II deal (with my $20 credit from MW2) is that Ubi is pretty quick to drop prices. And given that it is head to head with MW2 this season, they might be motivated to drop price.

I'm guess that MW2 is going to keep pretty much everyone's attention and AC2 is going to be largely ignored unless it gets some really high reviews (which I doubt) so it'll likely end up being on sale soon.

It depends on how soon you want to play it, seeing as how every single video game drops in price to $40, $30, sometimes $20, to make room for newer games, especially sequels.

bread's done
Back