Amazon: Get 2 Qualifying 3DS Games for $50

Thinking about ridge Racer and monkey ball. I would have preferred splinter cell and ridge racer. Not have splinter cell on there might be a deal breaker.

I'm interested in Rayman and Ridge Racer... but I know Rayman will be $10 in a year, and in a year I won't care about Ridge Racer at all because there will be better racers out.

I guess I get nothing, but it's a pretty good deal.

Ordered rayman and Pro evolution soccer. Used the $25 promo certificate for preordering the 3ds; two games for 25.00, not bad.

[quote name='BREVITY']I only want Ridge Racer. Blah[/QUOTE]
It's a little extra work, but all the 39.99 titles trade-in for 22.50. If you locked in today, bought RR and another title, you could just send the other one right back in and only spend 27.50 instead of 39.99.

I've still got my $25 pre-order promo, so I'm probably going to do this, which would make whatever game I keep be approximately $3.50.

[quote name='nbballard']It's a little extra work, but all the 39.99 titles trade-in for 22.50. If you locked in today, bought RR and another title, you could just send the other one right back in and only spend 27.50 instead of 39.99.

I've still got my $25 pre-order promo, so I'm probably going to do this, which would make whatever game I keep be approximately $3.50.[/QUOTE]

Nice math, haha. I think you mean $2.50. Out of the games listed Shadow Wars, Ridge Racer, and Pro Evolution have pretty good reviews. The only 3DS game I have so far is Shadow Wars and it is a great game, but I don't feel there is much benefit in having the game be in 3D.

I'm tempted to pick up Pro Evolution and Ridge Racer and lock in the trade in values. I'd love to try them out but not sure I'd really want to keep either. I could use this as a cheap rental though.

[quote name='aem']Nice math, haha. [/QUOTE]
agh! $2.50. lol

[quote name='chimpmeister']Consider yourself lucky there was no Steel Diver, the game is pretty lame according to reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/steel-diver

However, Nintendo Power gave it an 80, LOL :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yea - it's only mildly entertaining, and the periscope missions require you to be able to move around freely at the end of each level. Not to say that isn't a really cool feature- but it's not effective in most cases since I usually play at night in bed, or in the car. I can't exactly rotate 360 degree.

Hard to believe Steel Diver is even a first party title...

This is a good deal, but it seems to speak to the notion that 3DS is having more trouble than DS did at launch...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']This is a good deal, but it seems to speak to the notion that 3DS is having more trouble than DS did at launch...[/QUOTE]

I don't recall the DS really taking off until 6-12 months after its launch once it had seen its first price cut and had a more established library.

Most of these games are bargain bin titles. They'll be $10-$15 soon enough. If you still have a $25 3DS game credit this is a good deal.

[quote name='nbballard']agh! $2.50. lol

Yea - it's only mildly entertaining, and the periscope missions require you to be able to move around freely at the end of each level. Not to say that isn't a really cool feature- but it's not effective in most cases since I usually play at night in bed, or in the car. I can't exactly rotate 360 degree.[/QUOTE]

? I've used the stylus to move the periscope around.

[quote name='therealdeal19']? I've used the stylus to move the periscope around.[/QUOTE]
you just blew my mind. haha. I thought you had no choice but to move. Thanks for that info, i'll start playing it again.

Grrrrrr should have saved my $25 credit, oh well, Rayman 3D is awesome, don't see the hate, if you never played Rayman 2, get it

[quote name='theking20']Grrrrrr should have saved my $25 credit, oh well, Rayman 3D is awesome, don't see the hate, if you never played Rayman 2, get it[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the one I'm playing through right now and I think it's really fun. Of course, I haven't played Rayman 2, so this is a new experience and an enjoyable one at that.

bread's done
Back