Amazon giving $110 for Kinect trade-in

Sounds like a great question for, I don't know... Amazon customer service?

My gut tells me with the way it's worded they might reject it without it but realistically they can't expect anyone to have an unused voucher.

Don't do it. i've read TONS of people say that they do the bait and switch on you Amazon is not in charge of the trade program and so the company they put in charge gets your stuff, takes it, then ships back broken stuff claiming it's yours and is in an unacceptable condition. DO NOT DO IT!

If you don't bellieve me, look it up. People in their own forums have said they do this. Again, not Amazon itself, but the company they hired to do the trade program with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do it. i've read TONS of people say that they do the bait and switch on you Amazon is not in charge of the trade program and so the company they put in charge gets your stuff, takes it, then ships back broken stuff claiming it's yours and is in an unacceptable condition. DO NOT DO IT!

If you don't bellieve me, look it up. People in their own forums have said they do this. Again, not Amazon itself, but the company they hired to do the trade program with.
This ∆

Amazon is the absolutely fucking worst when it comes to trade-ins, especially hardware. Not only will they reject items, giving bullshit reasons why they won't accept it, but they're notorious for damaging your trade or even sending back trade stuff that wasn't yours, ie : rejecting your iPad trade and sending you back a different version, usually less valuable, than what you sent them.

Not only that, their return shipping takes forever.

Don’t trade into amazon they are the worst I recently attempted trading 2 Kinect sports rivals they rejected them for BS reason of incorrect upc when I received the games back the cases looked someone hit them with a hammer a few times then put it in the return envelope I was so pissed I complained and got the trade-in value from amazon never again!

Why are people trading at amazon? Their TIV are worse than GameStop nowadays. My last trade was 2 years ago with Transformers for 360. The game was brand new (I just removed the wrapper). I got it back because the bar code was from a special edition at Target. The readable part of the disc had black marker writings on it. I complained to amazon and got credit for this. Last time i sent anything to amazon

I swear maybe your packaging wasn't up to par for fedex shipping because I've never had any problems with mine. It was just a matter of being not lazy to pack and ship my trade-ins. I've traded several high end items and I always take a picture of a serial number or distinguished mark of whatever I sent just for comparison if they did reject it. 

Why are people trading at amazon? Their TIV are worse than GameStop nowadays. My last trade was 2 years ago with Transformers for 360. The game was brand new (I just removed the wrapper). I got it back because the bar code was from a special edition at Target. The readable part of the disc had black marker writings on it. I complained to amazon and got credit for this. Last time i sent anything to amazon
Kinect value at GameStop is $22.00... Way worse.

I swear maybe your packaging wasn't up to par for fedex shipping because I've never had any problems with mine. It was just a matter of being not lazy to pack and ship my trade-ins. I've traded several high end items and I always take a picture of a serial number or distinguished mark of whatever I sent just for comparison if they did reject it.
they used to be fine. But earlier this year things started to go wrong for a lot of people

I didn't think someone as rich as you proclaim to be would bother trading in one used game of Transformers to Amazon. I thought you would be too busy swimming in a bathtub full of jerseys.

When u gonna use that fancy degree u got at dat college n start uzing some proper gramma?

I didn't think someone as rich as you proclaim to be would bother trading in one used game of Transformers to Amazon. I thought you would be too busy swimming in a bathtub full of jerseys.

When u gonna use that fancy degree u got at dat college n start uzing some proper gramma?
I got a fan. Thank you for all the attention you are giving me. Much appreciated.

I'm still waiting for proof of that guarantee that you aren't producing...
Since you are asking nicely and I have time off, why not?

Here is my Diploma and one of my prized jerseys. The frame on the jersey costs what would you make in a month since the glass is the same type used at museums to preserve items for up to 50 years. There is also a coating on the jersey so that it will not fade due to light or bacteria. The jersey here was signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane and others. You know who they are right?

My diploma frame was $579. I can PM some pics of my other jerseys including a Chelsea jersey signed by Carlo Ancelotti that he signed for me at a game a few years ago when he was the coach at Chelsea (now at Real Madrid).

i've traded in FIFA 15 ultimate that has the special code used and amazon gives me full value even though those codes were redeemed (there's probably no way for them to tell unless they attempt to redeem the codes), here the FIFA 15 ultimate has a different upc than FIFA 15 regular.

however in this case, most people who wants to dump the kinect that came with the console will probably be SOL not because of your dance central voucher, but the fact that they probably want the standalone x1 kinect retail box that has its own unique UPC in order for you to get $110 out of it.

as for amazon, I've dealt with them before on a XBOX 360 trade in a few years ago. the company that took the machine returned it, but the box was damaged when they returned it, either it was damaged in transit to the trade in company or they decided that it wasn't up to par and damanged in transit back to me. I bitched about that to amazon and they gave me the credits that they promised back, but YMMV.

i've traded in FIFA 15 ultimate that has the special code used and amazon gives me full value even though those codes were redeemed (there's probably no way for them to tell unless they attempt to redeem the codes), here the FIFA 15 ultimate has a different upc than FIFA 15 regular.

however in this case, most people who wants to dump the kinect that came with the console will probably be SOL not because of your dance central voucher, but the fact that they probably want the standalone x1 kinect retail box that has its own unique UPC in order for you to get $110 out of it.

as for amazon, I've dealt with them before on a XBOX 360 trade in a few years ago. the company that took the machine returned it, but the box was damaged when they returned it, either it was damaged in transit to the trade in company or they decided that it wasn't up to par and damanged in transit back to me. I bitched about that to amazon and they gave me the credits that they promised back, but YMMV.
thanks alot, i bought that fifa and the code was used, heartbroken on christmas morning. j/k, but anyway acceptable value does not require the box or the voucher. got mine graded acceptable with just the kinect and was paid $134 about a week ago. I will say though, i put in about half of the air bubbles amazon has ever sent me when i packed the thing.

Two years ago I sent Amazon a flawless but used Kindle Fire. I set the trade in as Good expecting top dollar. I even cleaned the screen glass and back lid. No scratches, no dents. I even repacked it in the original packaging and included all the accessories. They rejected it and set the condition as FAIR and sent it back in a plain brown box and threw away all the original packaging. What's even worse is that they didn't even have the courtesy of putting any foam to keep things from scratching the glass. It was just the Kindle Fire and AC power adapter that was in the box.

This year I bought a used Tablet from them listed as "Like New" and it was in worse shape than my Kindle Fire. There was all kinds of crap on the screen. I just sent it back. I'll trade in video games but never again any electronic gear.

has anyone used leaptrade yet is this an reliable alternative u get full money back on most games u trade with other users havent heardm uch talk bout this on cags

I sent in just the Kinect (xbox one) device and a used Dance Central Spotlight Code and got the acceptable value (134?) a couple of weeks back. 

bread's done
Back