Amazon Gold Box Quick Picks (personal gold box) price question

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
This question might be confusing, so bear with me please. I was wondering if the games you ordered from your personal gold box quick picks on Amazon, if the price fluctuates for everyone, you'll see your order get price matched the same decrease amount or just the new listed price.

Example: Game X is currently $59.99, your gold box quick pick lists it as $56.99, a saving of $3. If before game X is released, the price for everyone goes down to $54.99, a drop in $5. If I ordered the gold box quick pick price of $56.99, would my new price be $54.99, the new lowest price, or would my order be $51.99, a $5 drop off of my original $56.99 order price?

I realize this might sound kind of ridiculous, but don't write it off too early that I just have wishful thinking, because I remember reading long long ago that people who ordered game Y for $50, then the game dropped $5, but still higher than $50, were able to talk to an Amazon CSR and get their game priced at $45.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think or know, any insight is appreciated!

I can't remember for sure, but I have never had a pre-order game show up in the gold box? Therefore, the situation would never occur

I'm pretty sure you pay the lowest price minus the Gold Box saving. So if it was $59.99 and in your gold box for $56.99, then dropped to $54.99, you'd only pay $51.99 and keep the discount.

I think I've done this with games but I can't recall which specifically.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm pretty sure you pay the lowest price minus the Gold Box saving. So if it was $59.99 and in your gold box for $56.99, then dropped to $54.99, you'd only pay $51.99 and keep the discount.

I think I've done this with games but I can't recall which specifically.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, much appreciated!

I just remembered Crackdown 2 was one of the games this happened. Ryuukishi is correct. I had preordered Crackdown 2 when it was $59.99 and got a 5% discount ($3). It had temporarily dropped to $49.99 after I preodered it, I paid that price minus a 5% discount (which dropped to $2.50). Might have been able to fight for my $3 discount, but I didn't care to waste my time over 50 cents.

bread's done
Back