Amazon: Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit and Rock Band 2 pre-order available - $189.99

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Guitar Hero WT Band and Guitar kit will be released October 27, 2008

Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit - $189.99

Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Kit - $99.99

Guitar Hero World Tour game only - $59.99

Rock Band 2 SE will be released October 19, 2008 for 360/PS3 (Nov 18 for Wii; Sept 14 for 360 game only edition)

iconxbox360.gif
Rock Band 2 SE - $189.99

iconps3.gif
Rock Band 2 SE - $189.99

iconwii.gif
Rock Band 2 SE - $189.99

iconxbox360.gif
Rock Band 2 game only - $59.99

iconps3.gif
Rock Band 2 game only - $59.99

iconwii.gif
Rock Band 2 game only - $49.99

Rock Band 2 set list --->
  • "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC
  • "Girl's Gone Grey" by AFI
  • "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette
  • "Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains
  • "Ramblin' Man" by Allman Brothers
  • "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold
  • "Shooting Star" by Bad Company
  • "So Whatcha Want" by Beastie Boys
  • "E-Pro" by Beck
  • "Rebel Girl" by Bikini Kill
  • "White Wedding Pt. I" by Billy Idol
  • "One Way or Another" by Blondie
  • "Tangled Up in Blue" by Bob Dylan
  • "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
  • "Hello There" by Cheap Trick
  • "Uncontrollable Urge" by Devo
  • "Feel the Pain" by Dinosaur Jr.
  • "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed
  • "Panic Attack" by Dream Theater
  • "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran
  • "Pump It Up" by Elvis Costello
  • "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac
  • "Everlong" by Foo Fighters
  • "Shackler's Revenge" by Guns N' Roses
  • "PDA" by Interpol
  • "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction
  • "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull
  • "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
  • "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
  • "Anyway You Want It" by Journey
  • "Painkiller" by Judas Priest
  • "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
  • "Pretend We're Dead" by L7
  • "Our Truth" by Lacuna Coil
  • "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park
  • "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit
  • "De-Luxe" by Lush
  • "Colony of Birchmen" by Mastodon
  • "Peace Sells" by Megadeth
  • "Battery" by Metallica
  • "Where'd You Go" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • "Float On" by Modest Mouse
  • "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead
  • "Drain You" by Nirvana
  • "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum
  • "Nine in the Afternoon" by Panic at the Disco
  • "That's What You Get" by Paramore
  • "Alive" by Pearl Jam
  • "Lump" by Presidents of the USA
  • "Testify" by Rage Against the Machine
  • "Round & Round" by Ratt
  • "Give it Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • "Give it All" by Rise Against
  • "The Trees" by Rush
  • "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups
  • "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
  • "I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion
  • "Teenage Riot" by Sonic Youth
  • "Spoonman" by Soundgarden
  • "Cool for Cats" by Squeeze
  • "Bodhitsattva" by Steely Dan
  • "Rock'n Me" by Steve Miller Band
  • "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
  • "Chop Suey" by System of a Down
  • "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
  • "Master Exploder" by Tenacious D
  • "Souls of Black" by Testament
  • "New Kid in School" by The Donnas
  • "We Got the Beat" by The Go-Go's
  • "Alabama Getaway" by The Grateful Dead
  • "American Woman" by The Guess Who
  • "Kids in America" by The Muffs
  • "Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)" by The Offspring
  • "Alex Chilton" by The Replacements
  • "Pinball Wizard" by The Who
  • "Visions" by Abnormality
  • "Get Clean" by Anarchy Club
  • "Night Lies" by Bang Camaro
  • "Shoulder to the Plow" by Breaking Wheel
  • "Neighborhood" by The Libyans
  • "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" by The Main Drag
  • "Conventional Lover" by Speck
  • "Supreme Girl" by The Sterns
  • "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" by That Handsome Devil

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for a link to these crediting Cheapy yesterday because I wanted to place my order, you saved me a post! Thanks OP!

Definatly fix the dates, 9/14 has nothing to do with GH:WT.

Dumb question: Are the RB2 peripherals (drums, guitars) compatible with RB1? I know it should definitely work the other way (or RB1'ers would be pissed). Simply put, 230-250 for two RB games, the DLC, and the better instruments is a lot more appealing than adding another hundred for the first songs. Or will the RB1 songs be available online instead of buying the RB disc?

And not releasing a GH:WT drum kit would be damn stupid on their part considering every system has had at least one GH released for it...

And I'm pretty sure the Rock Band 2 instruments will work with Guitar Hero on all consoles, but not vice-versa

I just wish that they make all the instruments and games compatible with each other. Like playing RB2 with GH:WT instruments and vice versa. A lot of people would be a lot happier.

That month-wait between game only and full set on the 360 drives me nuts. I'm not buying until the full set comes out, so I guess I'm not buying RB2 on day 1.

[quote name='Fishercat']Dumb question: Are the RB2 peripherals (drums, guitars) compatible with RB1?[/QUOTE]
I'm almost positive yes. Harmonix wouldn't dick people around like that. It works the other way around so there is no reason to assume they would not work.

I'm curious to see what those new wireless drums look like. Not that I'll be buying them since I have my eye on the Ion kit...yes, I will be paying $360 for my 360 RB2 and drumkit.

For those other drum nerds excited about the fancy new kit, here's where you can pre-order it:
https://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php

Gulp.

Last edited by a moderator:
No tax (for most) and free shipping makes it a pretty good deal for me. Tax alone would easily make this thing a $200+ purchase.

Plus I have a $25 GC to Amazon. Seems like a good time to use it.

So the basic drum set for RB2 didn't change much? I can't really find pictures other than that $300 premium set. I just went out and bought Rock Band + drums on a whim last weekend and have been having a blast with it. I'll definitely be buying this years version of one of them and the track list for Rock Band 2 doesn't really interest me (not to say it's bad music at all).

Guitar Hero looks like it has better instruments, but I won't buy them unless it's confirmed that they work with Rock Band 2. My guess is that Activision has figured out that making the instruments exclusive will only hurt them, but only time will tell.

[quote name='pinoy530']Check your Gold boxes guys, I was able to save an additional $9.50[/quote]

How can I do this? I check the goldbox and it doesn't have rockband 2. Only soul calibur and final fantasy 13...

[quote name='gotrice415510']the rockband drums are compatible to GH: WT ....the lead guy on GH:WT said so himself[/QUOTE]

question is did they lock out the RB2 peripherals? did they lock out GH4 peripherals from working with RB1 & RB2? I'm not gonna trust them after the way they were jerks about using GH3 guitars with RB1

[quote name='Bazz']Wasn't RB suppost to be released in September.[/quote]

It is, just the whole special edition comes out the next month for some reason. I think they'll change the special edition release date because it's kind of stupid to be releasing the instruments a whole month later.

[quote name='illini1010']http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puz...=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;5[/QUOTE]

this kind of response tells me no RB2 compatibility,

"As far as I know, all our instruments work with the first Rock Band," he said. "Whether they work with Rock Band 2, I can't say."

The developer also said that his comments applied only to the Xbox 360 version of the game...for now. "I can't talk about the PlayStation 3 version yet. You'll have to wait for an announcement from Sony," said Bright.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Why is the full set coming out a month after the game only?!? :wall:[/quote]

I can only think of a couple reasons

A. The extra month allows time to assemble the peripheral controllers, perhaps deal with real early problems that may come about with new components before releasing the complete packages, and essentially helps to ensure more stock

B. October 19th puts it in a 9-week window from Christmas, and they may be aiming for the right mix of hype/desire/stock for the holidays. Ideally, this will maximize their short-term sales for good looks and create an "I gotta have this" mentality that will extend beyond the season that I expect will have more demand than supply (I hope I'm wrong, but it's my guess).

Way too many options and peripherals coming out all over the place. I'm gonna stick to Guitar Hero on the DS, where at least I can keep track of everything.

[quote name='moneydog96']Guitar Hero looks like it has better instruments, but I won't buy them unless it's confirmed that they work with Rock Band 2. My guess is that Activision has figured out that making the instruments exclusive will only hurt them, but only time will tell.[/quote]

They announced a few weeks ago that they would be.

It looks like both sides are playing fair this time around. RB2 instruments should work with GHWT, and GHWT instruments should work with RB2.

[quote name='NeoStrider']this kind of response tells me no RB2 compatibility,

"As far as I know, all our instruments work with the first Rock Band," he said. "Whether they work with Rock Band 2, I can't say."

The developer also said that his comments applied only to the Xbox 360 version of the game...for now. "I can't talk about the PlayStation 3 version yet. You'll have to wait for an announcement from Sony," said Bright.[/quote]

exactly... thats why i posted it. thats all they have said about it so thats all we know so far. no one can answer your question better then that.

I'll be picking up both games and a spare guitar, both my GH3 and RB1 guitars are faulty. Ugh, more overpriced plastic

The fact you can transfer over all the songs on the disc of Rock Band 1 over to Rock Band 2 as well as downloadable songs being backwards compatible makes Rock Band 2 game only a no brainer.

My birthday is September 25th. I plan on waiting and seeing what is compatible with what and then getting one of the 2 games for my birthday. I dont want to grab one game just to learn it doesnt work with the other and then im stuck buying 2 $180 games! If both games turn out to be fully compatible with each other then ill probally get GH WT since 1. Its got the symbols and other extra stuff that id want and 2. I already own the previous 3 GH box sets....so it just makes my collection look nicer.

I am going to sell off my RB 1 instruments, does anyone know if Gamestop take the Drums as trade in?

or does anyone want to buy a basically brand new set of RB1 drums?

[quote name='REL1203']I am going to sell off my RB 1 instruments, does anyone know if Gamestop take the Drums as trade in?

or does anyone want to buy a basically brand new set of RB1 drums?[/QUOTE]

Try your local craigslist. Iv seen these go frequently here on mine for about $100. Probally way more then you would get from gamestop and saves you shipping it to someone.

RB2 game only and GH Band Kit for me. Red Octane makes amazing peripherals, and since they are confirmed compatible with RB, no question. Thanks OP

The box art for the 360 version of GH is up. Looks convincing, but I don't know if that is official or not. Haven't heard anything from an official source.

[quote name='QiG']Any more word on the leaked GH list? Anything close to what they had down would just be boss.[/QUOTE]

I havnt heard anything, but ya again if its anything close to the leaked list im sold.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']The leaked list was a fake. Activision commented on it saying it wasn't real. However, yesterday, they confirmed a few more songs/artists in the game. I see a few songs that were listed in that fake list, but a few that weren't.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the list is real, but at the same time I wouldnt bank its fake just based on their statment. I mean honestly they said the same thing with the GH3 leaked list.

Edit - And look at the list....pretty much all of those were from the leaked list.

bread's done
Back