Amazon has PMed Best Buy on: Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville & Terminator: The Sarah

Fringe is amazing and Shirley Manson-ator in HD is great too (even if half of season 2 of T:SCC was crap.. the middle portion mostly) I just wish I had a PS3 or BD player to make this purchase worthwhile. The only other BDs I own I got either at Big Lots over the summer ($6 Nip/Tuck and Smallville FTW) or got in a combo pack form with the DVD version included as well (Harry Potter and Up)

I used to pick up season sets, and then realized that, for all the shows I'd buy seasons for, I'd much rather buy complete series down the line. I've got the first season of Dexter and the first two of Supernatural, but I put them on hold for the inevitable Dexter blood-slide-DVD collection and whatever crazy box they'll come up with for Supernatural.

Have never really heard about fringe until now; anybody have recommendations for a blind buy? or where I could read up on the show without giving away too much of the season? Thanks.

Try Fringe's actual site for a brief synopsis of the show. As for the show itself, it's reminds me of X-Files. The show is about two government agents that handle mysterious sci-fi cases, sound familiar? I watched the first episode or two and then got bored of it, so I would not recommend it for a blind buy. But that is just my opinion, it's a ripoff.

[quote name='integrafied1']Have never really heard about fringe until now; anybody have recommendations for a blind buy? or where I could read up on the show without giving away too much of the season? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Fringe takes a few episodes to get it's legs under it, but then it takes off like a rocket. For the price, it is an easy blind buy. It is a little derivative, but creates its own unique identity.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think i might bite...and at this price it wouldn't be a big loss if i ended up not liking the show.

[quote name='mkelehan']I used to pick up season sets, and then realized that, for all the shows I'd buy seasons for, I'd much rather buy complete series down the line. I've got the first season of Dexter and the first two of Supernatural, but I put them on hold for the inevitable Dexter blood-slide-DVD collection and whatever crazy box they'll come up with for Supernatural.[/QUOTE]

After picking up Charmed, The Shield, and Battlestar Galactica complete series box sets, I have decided that I prefer individual seasons.

You just never know if the complete series sets are going to have crappy packaging or not.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']After picking up Charmed, The Shield, and Battlestar Galactica complete series box sets, I have decided that I prefer individual seasons.

You just never know if the complete series sets are going to have crappy packaging or not.[/QUOTE]

That is a very good point... and you never know if they will be flipper discs either. BOOOO!!!

[quote name='GenPirate']Try Fringe's actual site for a brief synopsis of the show. As for the show itself, it's reminds me of X-Files. The show is about two government agents that handle mysterious sci-fi cases, sound familiar? I watched the first episode or two and then got bored of it, so I would not recommend it for a blind buy. But that is just my opinion, it's a ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I prefer watching this show over X-files to be honest. I loved X-files, but it's just not as interesting of a show as this is. It's a great blind-buy and so is T: SCC if you haven't seen the show yet. I love S1 and have yet to watch S2, but from what I'm heard, S2 is great as well.

[quote name='basketb']How is Supernatural season 4 as a blind buy (not having watched any of the previous seasons)?[/QUOTE]

Crazy thought, but you could just buy the first season.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']you will be lost.
season 2-4 are tightly connected plot wise.[/QUOTE]
thx, I'll skip it then.

[quote name='dino88']Crazy thought, but you could just buy the first season.[/QUOTE]
Not such a crazy thought at all, except that season 1 is not out on blu-ray.

Not sure if I'd blind buy Fringe, started watching it on TV for Season one and lost interested. I heard it got good later in the season so I rented and watched Season 1 on dvd, it was ok. Then started watching Season 2 on TV and lost interest in it again.

highdefdigest.com

they have good reviews of all kinds of blu-rays, which include reviews of the actual plots when they review tv shows.

bread's done
Back