Amazon HD DVD Deals!!!

[quote name='blackhole82']That's a damn good price on the Ultimate. I just received the plain Matrix Trilogy in the mail this week for $45 :/[/QUOTE]

Amazon's customer service is great!

I received the Matrix Trilogy that I ordered last week for $45 today... opened it... found that one of the cases was broken on the inside (the tabs that hold the disc in were broken).

I called them today and they wanted to exchange it... but I mentioned that now the Ultimate set is only $5 more (and this set is $3 less)... They're taking this one back for a full refund...

And I just ordered the Ultimate set for $48.76 after the 10% discount and tax.

I wish all these places had as good of customer service!

-- Garrett

[quote name='garrettg']Amazon's customer service is great!

I received the Matrix Trilogy that I ordered last week for $45 today... opened it... found that one of the cases was broken on the inside (the tabs that hold the disc in were broken).

I called them today and they wanted to exchange it... but I mentioned that now the Ultimate set is only $5 more (and this set is $3 less)... They're taking this one back for a full refund...

And I just ordered the Ultimate set for $48.76 after the 10% discount and tax.

I wish all these places had as good of customer service!

-- Garrett[/quote]

Sorry.. but tax? I thought Amazon doesn't tax.
Also, how do you get 10% discount?

[quote name='cagfansub']Sorry.. but tax? I thought Amazon doesn't tax.
Also, how do you get 10% discount?[/QUOTE]

Amazon taxes us in Washington State.

For the 10%, they had a promo in 2006 where if you purchased a few HD movies (or a player), you'd get 10% off all HD movies through 2007. After 2007 ended, many of us that qualified are still getting the discount.

-- Garrett

[quote name='blackhole82']That's a damn good price on the Ultimate. I just received the plain Matrix Trilogy in the mail this week for $45 :/[/quote]

I did too. I think I might just call them up and send the old one back for this one. I don't mind paying the shipping back, I really would prefer the ultimate one.

Going to go ahead and order the oceans movies.

Why did you have to post this? I could resist Harry Potter since I have it on DVD, but the Ocean's Trilogy was to hard to resist. . .I have spent too much already!

^^ Tell me about it, I just dropped another $200 picking up the Ocean's Trilogy, Matrix Ultimate Collection, Harry Potter Collection, and a couple of single HD-DVDs. I fear what the real firesales will do to me.

I'm resisting the temptation for the most part. There's only a few sets I'm holding out for like Heroes and Planet Earth BBC.

If I didn't already own the Ultimate Matrix on DVD, I'd be alllllllllllllllllll over this damn thing. I can already tell that these HD-DVD sales are going to kill my wallet.

Settled on the Triology - animatrix tripped me out too much - was never a fan of that style - a little morbid I guess.

Damn, this sucks, I just bought the standard Matrix HD DVD set last week :(

If I call Amazon and say I want to return it, will I need a receipt or something? Is it really worth it to get the Animatrix and the extras? I suppose I could always just use Netflix for that, since it's in SD anyway.

What gets me about these HD DVD deals is that I'm not sure when to jump on them. I want to wait for the best deals, but I also don't want to risk missing out on all the great deals by waiting out too long. Ahhh!

So does anyone know when we can expect the really crazy deals? Or is it anyones guess?

in my opinion, the box sets won't be discounted much more then what we've seen...there seems to be a good demand for them so i'm really surprised that the ultimate matrix got that price drop...but i'm also really happy, cuz i'm ordering that and the ocean's box set as we speak for under 90 bucks 0_0

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']I heard the animatrix is only in 480p, is this true? If so, what a disappointment[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Animatrix is the same old non-anamorphic SD DVD.

It's actually better to get the Complete Matrix, where you get a download code for Animatrix on Xbox Live (if you have that...) it's still 480p, but it's anamorphic, which is a big improvement.

[quote name='blackhole82']That's a damn good price on the Ultimate. I just received the plain Matrix Trilogy in the mail this week for $45 :/[/quote]

Well, at least that dropped to $41.99 so you can email amazon and get your $3 back with their price guarantee.

Personally, I'm glad I resisted the original temptation.

[quote name='Dragon164z']Damn, this sucks, I just bought the standard Matrix HD DVD set last week :(

If I call Amazon and say I want to return it, will I need a receipt or something? Is it really worth it to get the Animatrix and the extras? I suppose I could always just use Netflix for that, since it's in SD anyway.

What gets me about these HD DVD deals is that I'm not sure when to jump on them. I want to wait for the best deals, but I also don't want to risk missing out on all the great deals by waiting out too long. Ahhh!

So does anyone know when we can expect the really crazy deals? Or is it anyones guess?[/quote]

You can return it through their return system, but you'll have to pay return shipping, and if it's open they'll charge you a restocking fee.

Beowulf on Amazon has just dropped to 21.99$. Just do a search - they should be refunding ppl who request that paid 27.95$ earlier if the guarantee applies.

[quote name='jlkeeton']Beowulf on Amazon has just dropped to 21.99$. Just do a search - they should be refunding ppl who request that paid 27.95$ earlier if the guarantee applies.[/quote]

wow thats nice.. id figure they would atleast wait a week before slashing $6 off price.. it got such a good review that i could see alot of ppl still ordering at the 27.95

If i hadnt rented it through bb i prob would of jumped on this

Picked up Beowulf and the Ultimate Matrix collection. Now I'm just waiting on American Gangster to reach a reasonable price point. Best price I've been able to find is $26.85 at DD. With HDDVD being a dead format and all, you'd think that these prices would drop fairly quickly. . .

[quote name='jlkeeton']Beowulf on Amazon has just dropped to 21.99$. Just do a search - they should be refunding ppl who request that paid 27.95$ earlier if the guarantee applies.[/quote]

Damn...wish I hadn't paid $27 at FYE.com, i had a $25 GC but still...I could have used it for Bee Movie instead.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Picked up Beowulf and the Ultimate Matrix collection. Now I'm just waiting on American Gangster to reach a reasonable price point. Best price I've been able to find is $26.85 at DD. With HDDVD being a dead format and all, you'd think that these prices would drop fairly quickly. . .[/quote]

It's too soon. Companies are only going to firesale things that simply won't move. For instance, the 360 HD-DVD drive has never sold well at all (only moved about 300K units), so now was a good time to dump the things. People are still buying HD-DVD movies, with some more in the pipeline, though, so they will try to milk what they can out of them.

[quote name='jlkeeton']Beowulf on Amazon has just dropped to 21.99$. Just do a search - they should be refunding ppl who request that paid 27.95$ earlier if the guarantee applies.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just bumped it back up to 24.95$ - still cheaper but the better deal went away. Maybe it'll go back down again...

[quote name='Zowsky']so whats the difference between the ultimate & the normal trilogy? just bonus features?[/QUOTE]

Review of the complete matrix
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/matrix_ct.html

review of the ultimate matrix
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/matrix_umc.html

The short version....ultimate has the animatrix and additional bonus content but they are just reprints of SD content that was previous released in the SD DVD ultimate matrix box set and and the bonus disks (disks 4 and 5) are actually SD DVDs.

bread's done
Back