Amazon HD DVD Sale - 50% off Huge Selection of Universal Titles

jrutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
Credit goes to rkndkn at DVDTalk. Since there's no link from the main HD DVD page this is the only link I found (mods please edit if this isn't a CAG referral link):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6323982_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000195491&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1W1A5PJ8FW8HBA43X1FP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=362397901&pf_rd_i=193642011
Pretty much every Uni title aside from the newest releases. HD DVD only are at $14.95, combos are $19.95. And for those of you who qualified for your 10% discount through 2007, know it is still working. ;)

Let's all help HD DVD! And remember - the Super Bowl commercial airs tonight!

There's a few I want to bite on but it looks like this might be just the beginning of the sales on HD-DVDs, especially since most of these are older titles.

Thanks, picked up Timecop. Universal are the only HD-DVDs I will buy so my player has a purpose in a few years. Other than that, the sooner its dead, the better.

[quote name='outtie']ummm.... what's the 10% thing you refer too? THX[/QUOTE]

When HD-DVD first came out, if you bought 3 movies, they gave you a 10% discount on all HD-DVDs for a year.

They extended it and extended it and some people still have it.

picked up: 4th of july, end of days, carlito's way: rise to power, and doom

wanted the thing, frighteners, and darkman, but i'm holding out hope the 5 MIR will get them to me eventually

accepted too, but not paying $19.99

Picked up:
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift
Lost in Translation
The Skeleton Key
Carlito's Way

[quote name='TexadDVDer']If you have an Amazon Visa card don't forget the $5 off $50. It's still good for a few more days. DVDSAVE5[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, didn't realize there was such a promotion going on. You just saved me $20.

I feel that way too, but I did pick up a few movies. I figured this is the first time some of these specific movies have been on sale and to miss out on a movie I wanted on HD-DVD being a cheapass and waiting for $12.50 or $10 isn't worth the $5.

Tokyo Drift has finally been put on sale for probably the first time since the CC mistake of putting all HDM discs BOGO... 19.99$ isn't completely fantastic, but it's the best I've seen for it new from a store.

Elizabeth is worth 15$. The Last Starfighter is also tempting, but I'm going up to Quebec tomorrow, so I don't know if I want prime to get it to me in 2 days when I won't be back til next week. I just don't want to wait too long and the deal go away - maybe if I order 2 movies, I'll switch to super save shipping instead of prime to ensure it takes 'til next week to get to me. Knowing me doing that, it'll be sent DHL next day air like last time :D.

Don't forget to get your cash back/difference in price adjustment if you bought last month during the last BOGO? I was able to get over $21 back today.

[quote name='Serpentor']thanks OP... am i the only think $15 is still too much?[/quote]

Nope, I am going to wait until HD-DVDs hit sub $10 prices and then stock up only on titles that I don't already have on DVD.

AMAZON no more of these! we decalare more BOGO!

Well if Hd still goes down the toilet maybe we can get some bogo... we can only hope...and wait.

[quote name='lurknomore']Don't forget to get your cash back/difference in price adjustment if you bought last month during the last BOGO? I was able to get over $21 back today.[/quote]Uh, their price adjustment policy doesn't work anymore for items you picked up during the B1G1. They changed it and it specifically says that they don't cover B1G1 purchases anymore.

You had a CSR that didn't know that, so consider yourself lucky.

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh, their price adjustment policy doesn't work anymore for items you picked up during the B1G1. They changed it and it specifically says that they don't cover B1G1 purchases anymore.

You had a CSR that didn't know that, so consider yourself lucky.[/quote]

It's been YMMV for a while now, they just recently put it in the policy apparently.

The next step of HD-dvd going down the drain....i'm just goin to wait for the official word and get them when stores are clearanceing them out.

I need Being John Malkovich and Big Lebowski and I am done buying HD-DVD unless an exclusive I want comes out for the platform (which studio is that again?). I am going to wait until they clearence those two movies to sub-10 dollar prices. I Can't wait until I can get a hybrid player for 100ish some time in the future. For the time being... my 360 HD-DVD and PS3 will work just fine.

[quote name='jughead']I need Being John Malkovich and Big Lebowski and I am done buying HD-DVD unless an exclusive I want comes out for the platform (which studio is that again?). I am going to wait until they clearence those two movies to sub-10 dollar prices. I Can't wait until I can get a hybrid player for 100ish some time in the future. For the time being... my 360 HD-DVD and PS3 will work just fine.[/QUOTE]

By the time prices reach low enough for that, no one will me making HD DVD players let alone combo units.

[quote name='rodeojones903']By the time prices reach low enough for that, no one will me making HD DVD players let alone combo units.[/QUOTE]

How do you know? I certainly think I will be able to score a BD/HD combo player between 100-200 dollars if I am patient. I don't think HD-DVD is going to be as obscure as people think. We'll see.

Only problem with these sales is, I've been researching and Amazon isn't taken into account for the weekly sales numbers that get released. So who knows how the format war is really going. Toshiba gets monthly sales information I believe. Guess we have to wait for an announcement from them. Hope Feb. is a good month for HD-DVD.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Only problem with these sales is, I've been researching and Amazon isn't taken into account for the weekly sales numbers that get released. So who knows how the format war is really going. Toshiba gets monthly sales information I believe. Guess we have to wait for an announcement from them. Hope Feb. is a good month for HD-DVD.[/quote]

Amazon IS Included in Nielsen disc sales. Amazon ISN'T Included in NPD hardware sales. KThxBye.

[quote name='Justin42']Looks like they've added quite a few movies to the first page of results for this...[/quote]I noticed that last night. They added Zodiac for $20. It's tempting.

bread's done
Back