Amazon HDMI Cable 6 feet $1.75 shipped!

Grabbed one for my cable box. It has sh!tty picture and a low streaming image. This should work fine for that.

Has anyone here actually flipped this on GS for $5
Do they accept used HDMIs? I've got live 4 of them

nice find though OP

[quote name='iRandom']Has anyone here actually flipped this on GS for $5

nice find though OP[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, but I searched online and someone had responded to a Yahoo Answers question saying they only traded in for $2. $5 for a generic HDMI cable seems generous for them. But I know what you mean. I even figured out that you can get a 3DS for about $60 if you buy 34 of them and trade them all in for $5 each. It would be nice if it was true.

I traded about 3 in last year and they were about $5.50-$6. Things may have changed now though. I heard something about a story about a guy from comcast stealing a bunch of HDMI cables and selling them to gamestop and they had to give them all back to comcast, so they may not take them anymore.

[quote name='Blade']I have no idea, but I searched online and someone had responded to a Yahoo Answers question saying they only traded in for $2. $5 for a generic HDMI cable seems generous for them. But I know what you mean. I even figured out that you can get a 3DS for about $60 if you buy 34 of them and trade them all in for $5 each. It would be nice if it was true.[/QUOTE]
I traded my old PS3 one in today for $5. They had no problems accepting it, but they did say I could only trade in 2 at a time. Two days required I guess :lol:

[quote name='gargus']Why is this in the video game deals section? Shouldnt it be in the other deals section?

Its after all, not a video game.[/QUOTE]
I'm still wondering wtf the touchpad thread is still in here. :p

If anyone can confirm the Gamestop trade-in with these please post back on here. I just bought one cable for my new 360 slim, but I'd buy another if I can trade it in.

[quote name='RealDeals']I traded my old PS3 one in today for $5. They had no problems accepting it, but they did say I could only trade in 2 at a time. Two days required I guess :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would assume this means they still accept them. Never hurts to give your local store a call and ask if they take them and how much they offer if so.

[quote name='Donut2922']I think somebody mentioned awhile back that GS no longer accepts HDMI cables.[/QUOTE]

That person be so ignant :lol: Naw, but they did at mine.

Nice. Just got a Blu-Ray player and need an HDMI cable for it. Sadly, I am running out of ports on my TV! My PS2 and Wii are in the component slots, and my 360 is in one of the two HDMI slots. I'd rather not use the composite cables if possible, though I do need to switch to those sometimes for the PS2, as some PS1 games don't play properly with the component...

I just called my local gamestop and they said they would give me $5 credit and $4 cash. This is like rpg economics in real life lol

Lol I have been doing it for years. I have traded in tons already. The catch is that it's one cable per visit for me. It might be different for other stores though. Also 1.3 cables will work with 3DTV's. I have a 3DTV myself and I use one of these cheap cables. Works perfect.

I know microsoft sells an hdmi cable specifically for the xbox 360 for $50. Does anyone know if this $1.75 cable is compatible with the Xbox 360 S? Help an ignorant person out here.

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']I know microsoft sells an hdmi cable specifically for the xbox 360 for $50. Does anyone know if this $1.75 cable is compatible with the Xbox 360 S? Help an ignorant person out here.[/QUOTE]This will work for your 360. Hdmi is not a priority cable.

Cables just got here and they both work great with my Roku and 360. Thanks again OP. Even if these prices have been around a while, I had no idea.

Wow just got mine in. What a POS the picture quality is down right laughable. The cable is spaghetti noodle thin and can barely handle the 720P image my cable box is throwing out. I'm getting mad crazy fuzzy images, blue pixels and a weird shadowing effect. Your really get what you pay for. I don't recommend paying less then 7.99 for a 6 ft cable. Any cable under this price range is usually just junk. I will say though my cable box is really picky with HDMI's and so is my PS3. I'll still use it though you only notice a lot of the weird visual effects in dark images.

Just got mine, and noticed they are much lighter and thinner than the slightly more expensive one I bought from monoprice. However I get blue lines and pixels with this HDMI cable. I would suggest to stay away from these and just pay a little extra for one monoprice. These seem very cheaply made and may not give you the best picture like in my case. At least I only wasted 1.75.

Got mine in and they all make the image look like a snowy antenna signal. Seller wants me to ship them back for inspection... looks like someone is getting a bad review.

i haven't even gotten mine yet...or the people in my apartment office just overlook the package every time i ask about it.

Just be careful. I purchased a super cheap HDMI cable from Amazon a couple weeks ago and it was utter trash. At a glance it looked fine, felt weighty enough and wasn't too thin, and it came in a sealed plastic bag in a padded envelope. Hooked up my PS3 to my PC monitor and it was either no signal or straight up 'pac-man kill screen' levels of static. Tried it on the TV in the living room and it worked, but got plenty of static when the screen was dark. At least it was super cheap, so it's no loss and I ended up finding my original cables that I thought I lost so everything turned out alright in the end.

Not to say that the cheap HDMI cables I bought of Amazon before were garbage, they work perfectly but just be aware that you may get a dud when you go for bargain bin goods.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']i haven't even gotten mine yet...or the people in my apartment office just overlook the package every time i ask about it.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one on the 24th of August and it was supposed to be here on the 1st but still no signs of it

I got mine from Amazon a week or so back. Didn't test them until I saw the bump of this thread and read the complaints. Watched District 9 Bluray and it was all good for me.

[quote name='lutz']Isn't HDMI a digital cable? Wouldn't it either work or not work. None of this fuzzy low quality in between?[/QUOTE]
If the picture isn't pristine (to the eye) then the cable by definition doesn't work.

I bought two cables. One cable displays everything in green and the other had a ridiculous amount of static. I guess it is hit or miss.

[quote name='lutz']You're missing the point. In theory it would either be a pristine picture, or no picture at all.[/QUOTE]
The "theory" is bunk. It's a phrase that's far too often repeated by people that have no idea what they're talking about.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Stupid question here:

If I trade them at gamestop, do they have to be in their original bag/package?[/QUOTE]

No
You can just hand them the cables

What does gamestop give for the HDMI cables? $5?

Ordered two of these (one for me and one for my parents because we just got my mom a new laptop for her b-day and they use my Netflix Instant so now they can watch the movies on their TV) and they both worked great.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Stupid question here:

If I trade them at gamestop, do they have to be in their original bag/package?[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='Allnatural']The "theory" is bunk. It's a phrase that's far too often repeated by people that have no idea what they're talking about.[/QUOTE]

It's more of a disclaimer then anything else. HDMI uses a digital signal. There would be signal loss somewhere if it was a bad cable, meaning either blocky artifacts or skipping frames completely.

Fuzzy picture from HDMI can't happen under normal circumstances. It could be the wrong specs, calibration between the tv and the cable, or something else which I'm not aware of (and why I was inquiring).

Implying someone doesn't know what they are talking about (and that you do), isn't useful without some information.

[quote name='lutz']It's more of a disclaimer then anything else. HDMI uses a digital signal. There would be signal loss somewhere if it was a bad cable, meaning either blocky artifacts or skipping frames completely.

Fuzzy picture from HDMI can't happen under normal circumstances. It could be the wrong specs, calibration between the tv and the cable, or something else which I'm not aware of (and why I was inquiring).

Implying someone doesn't know what they are talking about (and that you do), isn't useful without some information.[/QUOTE]

There's also an issue called "sparkles" where white dots that somewhat resemble static appear in the picture, presumably "off" pixels that aren't getting sent for that frame of information. I bought a cheap cable at a discount grocery store, and sparkles happen if I try to output 1080p through it. It also seems real finicky about making the connection- half the time I turn on the PS2, I have to jiggle the cable before the TV will get a signal. I just need to get a new cable because that's annoying.

[quote name='lutz']It's more of a disclaimer then anything else. HDMI uses a digital signal. There would be signal loss somewhere if it was a bad cable, meaning either blocky artifacts or skipping frames completely.

Implying someone doesn't know what they are talking about (and that you do), isn't useful without some information.[/QUOTE]
I was a bit harsh I'll admit. It's just that the conventional wisdom (it works or it doesn't) ignores how complex the situation is.

This is a great article on the subject.

bread's done
Back