Amazon Hellgate: London Collector's Edition $26.94

Wow, nice price on that, especially since it's just enough to get free shipping on it. Oddly enough the non-CE is $29.99. For those wondering, here's a rundown of what's included in the CE:

Includes: Hellgate: London Game, 2 DVDs, Hellgate: London Map Poster, Bonus Disc containing: Making of Hellgate: London and the Official Game Soundtrack

[quote name='Edge']Wow, nice price on that, especially since it's just enough to get free shipping on it. Oddly enough the non-CE is $29.99. For those wondering, here's a rundown of what's included in the CE:

Includes: Hellgate: London Game, 2 DVDs, Hellgate: London Map Poster, Bonus Disc containing: Making of Hellgate: London and the Official Game Soundtrack[/QUOTE]

Here's a clip from the Making of feature:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EM0hDchVlY[/media]

[quote name='Apossum']The servers for this are still up? Surprising.[/quote]

I hope that was a joke...

Anyway, anyone think it's worth it?

Just that the product was one helluva wreck when it was released, and it's still just a pile of smoldering ashes after several patches. 1UP named it as one of the worst launches of all time.

I got the regular edition for a dollar or so more than this less than a month ago--I might try to get them to issue a call tag to return the other one I haven't opened. It shouldn't be any different than them adjusting a price within 30 days, technically.

[quote name='jrutz']Just that the product was one helluva wreck when it was released, and it's still just a pile of smoldering ashes after several patches. 1UP named it as one of the worst launches of all time.[/quote]

Says the guy who supports HD-DVD. This game is just like D2 in 3d.

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Wait, what was up with that youtube video? Did I miss something?[/quote]

A train wreck would have been more metaphorically appropriate. Me, I'm waiting for Mythos.

[quote name='1ivewire']A train wreck would have been more metaphorically appropriate. Me, I'm waiting for Mythos.[/QUOTE]

Have been in the beta test for MYTHOS for awhile.......Its ok.....If you like D2 and FATE then get it. If not...well you know

Have also been playing HellGate...not to bad in my opinion

this game sucks doesnt it? my friend was so hyped. he bought the CE on the first day. he played it less than a month and he quit. lol i knew it.

[quote name='jrutz']Just that the product was one helluva wreck when it was released, and it's still just a pile of smoldering ashes after several patches. 1UP named it as one of the worst launches of all time.[/quote]

This is coming from someone with "Support HD DVD" in their avatar tag? Oh, the irony. Son, you're not nearly as funny as your parents think you are.

The launch version wasn't good, way too many bugs, way too much hype but it was still playable. The current version is pretty decent entertainment and continues to be worked on. $27 is an ok price, though you can get the regular edition for $25 if you keep an eye out, and the collector's edition comes in a _huge_ box that doesn't seem to contain anything special.

[quote name='Edge']
Includes: Hellgate: London Game, 2 DVDs, Hellgate: London Map Poster, Bonus Disc containing: Making of Hellgate: London and the Official Game Soundtrack[/quote]

I bit on this. It also comes with a graphic novel that is about 100 pages, might explain why the packaging is the way it is, and a in game pet too.

Not sure if this is worth getting. I just got Titan Quest and loving it. I do not know if I want to get the same Diablo type of game.

Got Amazon to refund the difference in price since this thread started (thanks BrandonMills and I'll keep watching to see if it goes down more), and I also got them to issue me a call tag to return the regular edition I ordered for more less than 30 days ago. Call tag at no cost to me. Did it all by e-mail using the forms on their site.

Amazon FTW!

I have had this game from day one and have been a subscriber since the day that they started to let people pay. At the time it was not worth it. I ened up paying I think 250 or so for life time and it still is not worth paying for a month. They may have fixed a lot of bugs but still have A LOT to go. Also in the past you had no way to respec unless they changed the class. Now or in one of the next patches you will have to kill a boss and you have a chance for a respec to drop. Every thing also looks the same. For 26.94 its not bad but expect a lot of bugs when you play this.

I bet you this sold a hundred thousand in America which is a failure but apparently a million in South Korea according to Massively. Remember it was Korea that made Blizzard so huge with Starcraft.

With over a million sales you can expect this game to receive continued patches and updates.

I enjoy it, but I wouldn't pay monthly for it.

I was going to wait for the expansion or something but if I see this again for this price i'll pick it up. Neat box and some cool stuff in the collecters edition.

Even outside Korea the game is selling pretty well actually. A lot of PC games sell a lot better over time then they do first month.

I enjoyed the game well enough, but I could not get my friends to stay with the game -- they had too many glitches, too early on and would not try to see it through. It was a very stumbling launch, I feel, but there is some fun to be had there, and you do not need to subscribe in order to play and enjoy the majority of it.

If a lot of CAGs bite on this, I would love to be in a guild with fellow CAGs, as my old one withered and died. If anyone wants one or starts one, please PM me and give me a reason to log back in now and then.

[quote name='Salmonday']
If a lot of CAGs bite on this, I would love to be in a guild with fellow CAGs, as my old one withered and died. If anyone wants one or starts one, please PM me and give me a reason to log back in now and then.[/quote]

Well if this deal comes back I would be interested in a CAG clan.

Edit: Well I noticed Newegg has it for $29.99 ($32.98 shipped). If anyone wants to get a CAG clan going let me know.

A CAG clan would be great. I will definetly buy this if it comes up. I've had my eye on the collectors edition for a while.

phew glad this deal is gone or I would've been bummed, picked my copy up for 29.99 at best buy yesterday, I like the game has alot of diablo and wow characteristics in it. Been having fun with it, but not getting to involved till i get my new pc setup tonight.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

I got this game on Halloween and played it from the release date for a couple months it sucks and i canceled my sub.

The game is MAJOR better than from release. Its worth a 30 dollar price tag.

Also I'm up for a CAG clan, just pm me whoever is gonna start it.

*edit* gf also has the game and will join too. That is all.

bread's done
Back