AMAZON: Injustice GAU Ultimate Edition, Batman Arkham Origins (PS3, 360, Vita, PS4) $14.99

Games for Windows Live was a shitty service and some companies are patching out of it.I read Dark Souls will be the next game to leave GFWL and it hopefully it ends up being a painless process, afraid the SF4 one wasn't.

It does amaze me in the soon to be year of 2015 shitty internet still exists, but I can believe it. I think speeds will get better for everyone but there will be the dreaded data cap that some people will have to face which is a travesty. However, netflix and larger files to download can only hamper big companies data caps all considering more and more people will be downloading large and larger files.
Yeah, the next year will be very interesting to say the least. It's like the shittiest reality show ever: Is the US government corrupt enough to approve the Comcast/TWC merger? All the top experts say yes :wall: After all they didn't stop Comcast's NBC buyout, and look at the fancy job that FCC chairman has now. Expect Tom Wheeler to have a nice, cushy, high-paying job at Comcast within the next 5 years..... and of course there is no reason for a ridiculously low data cap (say 200-300GB) to not become the norm by then, what with Comcast controlling like 2/3 of the residential internet connections in the continental US by then.

I don't even want to try to guess the state of the digital world then, but I can't imagine a future where it will be any more prevalent than it is now.... not with Comcast around.

Last edited:
Yeah, the next year will be very interesting to say the least. It's like the shittiest reality show ever: Is the US government corrupt enough to approve the Comcast/TWC merger? All the top experts say yes :wall: After all they didn't stop Comcast's NBC buyout, and look at the fancy job that FCC chairman has now. Expect Tom Wheeler to have a nice, cushy, high-paying job at Comcast within the next 5 years..... and of course there is no reason for a ridiculously low data cap (say 200-300GB) to not become the norm by then, what with Comcast controlling like 2/3 of the residential internet connections in the continental US by then.

I don't even want to try to guess the state of the digital world then, but I can't imagine a future where it will be any more prevalent than it is now.... not with Comcast around.
This is why net neutrality is going to be such a big deal in the future. As service providers continue to get bought out by the likes of Comcast, this will be an issue with your speeds to various websites. Not sure how this is going to affect services like XBL or PS+, but it's something to look out for, especially for those who do play online games.

As for the PS+ being mandatory, I think it really depends on the types of games you play. FPS will almost always be tied to online play so their pretty much handcuffed to the services provide by sony or microsoft. Other games are hit or miss. My musou games and Diablo 3 play just fine w/out online multiplayer. Sure it would be nice to play with others online, but I have family that come over and play locally. Nintendo has been slow to adapt, but it is happening. Maybe not this gen, but in the next round of consoles, I'm sure Nintendo will offer more online capability.

For that matter, that's also another reason why I do not own digital copies. I can lend my games to family as I wish. Cant do that with a digital rights copy. It's all about how you use the console and which games you play.

Not everyone can afford to pay to play online every year.
I totally understand that argument but really you own the system and you are likely to buy games throughout the year. Most people who are that down on their luck financially that they can't spend $40 on all that PS+ has to offer most likely don't have the money to have even gotten a PS4 in the first place. If you want to keep your huge library of free games for $40 a year plus play online that is your choice in gaming. Instead of buying one of the games you planned for that year you instead just pay for your online so that you can still have access to countless games PLUS essentially 24 more throughout that coming year.

This alone is a great example. Just this one game, out of 24 for the PS4 offered in a year, is $15. As a CAG I am sure you can get PS+ for $35-40 easily. So right there it is already almost half the cost. I don't know. I just feel PS+ has justified its worth many times over now.

This is why net neutrality is going to be such a big deal in the future. As service providers continue to get bought out by the likes of Comcast, this will be an issue with your speeds to various websites. Not sure how this is going to affect services like XBL or PS+, but it's something to look out for, especially for those who do play online games.

As for the PS+ being mandatory, I think it really depends on the types of games you play. FPS will almost always be tied to online play so their pretty much handcuffed to the services provide by sony or microsoft. Other games are hit or miss. My musou games and Diablo 3 play just fine w/out online multiplayer. Sure it would be nice to play with others online, but I have family that come over and play locally. Nintendo has been slow to adapt, but it is happening. Maybe not this gen, but in the next round of consoles, I'm sure Nintendo will offer more online capability.

For that matter, that's also another reason why I do not own digital copies. I can lend my games to family as I wish. Cant do that with a digital rights copy. It's all about how you use the console and which games you play.
It's already affecting us

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/5/5474850/comcast-isnt-letting-customers-watch-hbo-go-on-ps3

I see no reason why they wouldn't pull the same shit with Sony/MS/Nintendo directly as they gain more power and get greedier.

Nintendo better not charge for online, what they have now is a joke even compared to PS360. No invites system, voice chat is practically non-existent, no way to access accounts from another system, hell they don't even have any sort of achievement system in place so I can see who on my friends list has played what games.

I totally understand that argument but really you own the system and you are likely to buy games throughout the year. Most people who are that down on their luck financially that they can't spend $40 on all that PS+ has to offer most likely don't have the money to have even gotten a PS4 in the first place. If you want to keep your huge library of free games for $40 a year plus play online that is your choice in gaming. Instead of buying one of the games you planned for that year you instead just pay for your online so that you can still have access to countless games PLUS essentially 24 more throughout that coming year.

This alone is a great example. Just this one game, out of 24 for the PS4 offered in a year, is $15. As a CAG I am sure you can get PS+ for $35-40 easily. So right there it is already almost half the cost. I don't know. I just feel PS+ has justified its worth many times over now.
It's not about not being able to afford it (for me at least).... it's about being forced to pay for the same service twice, or best case scenario, pay for a bunch of "free" games I have no interest in. If I want a game, I usually buy it myself, not wait for it to go free on PS+. That goes for the example you shared..... I bought Injustice forever ago (technically I've bought it twice, vanilla version and the Ultimate version).... so getting it free on PS+ is nothing to me. I wouldn't even download it, I'd rather just change out the discs and keep the free space for some other PSN/DLC in the future.

I tried PS+ on PS3 twice..... other than sales on Assassin's Creed and Tokyo Jungle I got no real use out of it. Yeah, fooling around with the freebies I didn't already have sounds cool, but out of all of them I only even bothered to download RCR, Scott Pilgrim, and Street Fighter, and I never spent more than an hour with each of them before I deleted them.

So yeah.... I don't get all the love for PS+. It's miles better than XBL, that's for sure, and I didn't mind it before they started trying to shove it down our throats, but it's never appealed to me. I see all this excitement for "free games", but it seems like you would've bought the game yourself by then if you really wanted to play it. I mean hell, aside from PS4's launch have they ever included a PS+ freebie that you couldn't already get for under $20 at Amazon or Best Buy?

Ugh.... I'm just sick of being nickeled and dimed. Had they not pulled this PS+ shit I probably would have bought a PS4 at launch, but as it is I am leaning more and more towards just getting a gaming PC and sticking with Steam.

Last edited:
The mobile Injustice game that unlocks some character skins is available free on iOS, Android and Kindle.  The game was recently updated, and they have a challenge running within it for a special character (for the mobile game). 

If anyone is curious about it, the mobile game is fun, but somewhat tedious. 
Initial battles are simple, but later battles become quite challenging.  You play it as a team of 3 versus 3 (usually - sometimes you'll battle a team of 2 or 1).  The game is different in that the are levels for characters, making them stronger.  Bronze characters are the lowest level, Silvers are the next, and Gold are the strongest.  But with each character you need to actually increase their rank (which currently goes to level 50).  This is where it becomes tedious.  Also, characters are individual, which means skins are actually a different character.  Nightwing is different from New 52 Nightwing, for example.  Early you'll have a very limited roster of characters, as you need to unlock more players, either through winning matches, buying them with the currency in the game, or winning the random character challenges.  Character challenges are best to play, as the characters added are usually stronger that the initially released characters, while also having better passive stats. 

The game is simple in that you do no physically move them like in most fighting games, and rather just tap or swipe the screen to perform attacks.  But the customization of teams, with consideration of passives and abilities is what makes the game become complex.  It's a game meant to be played in short bursts, which makes it a neat companion to the retail game, but as you get to harder levels where you'll need stronger fighters it can become frustrating. 

I was able to earn all of the console unlocks in about a month, so it's somewhat easy.  If you're getting the PS4 version you have to play the mobile game to unlock the exclusive Black Adam New 52 Skin, but it's actually easy to complete the required task for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I have ps+ with my PS3/4, I decided to buy Injustice for $15 since that is pretty cheap. I'll have a hard copy and not have to worry about storage space or the rather large download 20G+ (my internet is rather slow and under monthly bandwidth limits).

Probably will do the same with Infamous:SS if I can find it for $15 or less instead of digital come January.

Wait, so you don't have to mandatory install PS4 games if you have the disc? This would put it above the Xbox One that I own, because I hate that mandatory install...

I think I'll buy the Wii U version of Batman for less bugs and framerate issues. I so wanted the PS3 version, but the developer can't fix the bugs b/c the publisher is cheap.

bread's done
Back