Amazon is paying me to buy Bioshock 2

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!
So, after $50 worth of gift certs thanks to using my Amazon Visa, and after the $10 promotional credit for future purchases, Amazon willl be PAYING me to buy Bioshock 2, probably with release day delivery due to Prime. I love this country! :bouncy:

How much interest are you paying on that Amazon Visa?

I'm always weary of store cashback/rewards credit cards since they usually make up for it thanks to the APR. I was thinking of signing up for it but then saw that the APR was like 17.99% and I fuck that (my regular Chase card only had 8.99% at the time).

I have a very good rate on my Amazon Visa. Something around 8%. It's probably more dependent on your credit history than the rewards offered.

Thats an excellent, rate, icruise. I have a amazon visa with a lot higher interest rate, and although ive already got over 2k reward points in just over 6 weeks my interest rate really has me kinda leery of over using it. I have a perfect credit score so maybe i need to talk chase into lowering my interest rate, eh? Anyways grats all around!!! Looks like i probably wont be going for any of the bf offers today, though... i got assassins creed 2 real cheap with my gaming credits two days ago...

I take it back. The Amazon one is 13%, but I do have one with 8%. I don't normally keep a balance on these cards so I don't pay a lot of attention to the rates.

You can actually just call up your credit card and ask them if they will reduce your rate. I've done that twice with success. Of course it depends on your credit score, etc.

Yeah i have the Playstation Chase Card and the Amazon one, think they can do something for me, for sure...

[quote name='ElektroDragon']So, after $50 worth of gift certs thanks to using my Amazon Visa, and after the $10 promotional credit for future purchases, Amazon willl be PAYING me to buy Bioshock 2, probably with release day delivery due to Prime. I love this country! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

jesus christ dude are you serious. its funny how people can think their gaming the system when the system is gaming them. you actually think you 1upped a multi billion dollar reseller and credit card company. really... dude no offense but your not winning. you don't think they figure those gift card into the math. i don't know the price of the game you bought but let think about it.

i'm going to assume you bought 5 $60 game, $300, just humor me. now those game prices are prob going to be dropped a month after. the price you see maybe 60.00 but maybe amazon and the dev see it as 40.00. all together with your gift cards you got 6 games, including the 1 free one. you spent $300. but if you waited until the price drop after some time, lets say 50.00, and bought those games that price, you get 300.00 you sent. you spent the same amount of money. forza 3 just came out its like 39.99, 40.00. if you bought those games at that price its $240.00, $60.00 difference. so your actually buying them a free game.

plus the credit card companies charge interest. they'll gladly toss you a few pennies, $5-$10-$20, to have you hooked into their systems. all they need is for you miss one payment or to extend the payoff and they win. you can wait a year or more and get the games for $20-$30. your not winning do. doesn't matter how many gift cards they give you. as long as they get your money they win. they can adjust their prices to fit whatever price you think is a bargain.you bought them a game.

and 13 percent on a credit card is just plain stupid no offense. that is more than double a good rate and 3x of a great rate. and you have 2 cards. sweet lord.

daveramsey.com - for anybody that wants to keep their money, has a podcast and a show on fox business.

[quote name='KennFletch']jesus christ dude are you serious. its funny how people can think their gaming the system when the system is gaming them. you actually think you 1upped a multi billion dollar reseller and credit card company. really... dude no offense but your not winning. you don't think they figure those gift card into the math. i don't know the price of the game you bought but let think about it.

i'm going to assume you bought 5 $60 game, $300, just humor me. now those game prices are prob going to be dropped a month after. the price you see maybe 60.00 but maybe amazon and the dev see it as 40.00. all together with your gift cards you got 6 games, including the 1 free one. you spent $300. but if you waited until the price drop after some time, lets say 50.00, and bought those games that price, you get 300.00 you sent. you spent the same amount of money. forza 3 just came out its like 39.99, 40.00. if you bought those games at that price its $240.00, $60.00 difference. so your actually buying them a free game.

plus the credit card companies charge interest. they'll gladly toss you a few pennies, $5-$10-$20, to have you hooked into their systems. all they need is for you miss one payment or to extend the payoff and they win. you can wait a year or more and get the games for $20-$30. your not winning do. doesn't matter how many gift cards they give you. as long as they get your money they win. they can adjust their prices to fit whatever price you think is a bargain.you bought them a game.

and 13 percent on a credit card is just plain stupid no offense. that is more than double a good rate and 3x of a great rate. and you have 2 cards. sweet lord.

daveramsey.com - for anybody that wants to keep their money, has a podcast and a show on fox business.[/QUOTE]

You do realize you can buy games with a credit card even if they aren't $60 and still get points right? Good job on the grammar too, it's called the Shift key, dude.

[quote name='KennFletch']daveramsey.com - for anybody that wants to keep their money, has a podcast and a show on fox business.[/QUOTE]

I swear by this guy. Ramsey is the man.

[quote name='KennFletch']jesus christ dude are you serious. its funny how people can think their gaming the system when the system is gaming them. you actually think you 1upped a multi billion dollar reseller and credit card company. really... dude no offense but your not winning. you don't think they figure those gift card into the math. i don't know the price of the game you bought but let think about it.

daveramsey.com - for anybody that wants to keep their money, has a podcast and a show on fox business.[/QUOTE]

Ramble, ramble, ramble. What?

bread's done
Back