Amazon - Lego Lord of the Rings 360/PS3/Wii 29.99, DS 14.99, 3DS/Vita 19.99

My plan to not buy any new games until my existing backlog is more manageable has been completely destroyed tonight.

Updated thread title with more consoles. Didn't add PC, because it's .03 cents below MSRP. Only the one link in the original post because I'm about to pass out. Click through there and change console offering at the site.

Damn, I didn't even know this was out already. Going to have to pass for now since I still need to finish Batman Lego 2 but a good deal for anyone looking for this

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i wish this was 20,
it came out for 50[/QUOTE]

Even at $25, this would've been an instant buy. Considering all the amazing deals I got tonight, $30 is just not attractive.

Portable versions came out 10/30, consoles 2 weeks later. I hear it's the best LEGO game so far, it's really tempting but I've never paid over $20 for one :\

Super tempting, but with all I've picked up from Gamefly and Best Buy within the last 24 hours, I'm going to hold off as well. The LEGO games tend to drop down in price fairly quickly IIRC.

Many thanks OP. :)

Thanks to bringing this to my attention, going to pick up the ps3 version for my son.
son

I wish I could cancel my Greenman Gaming order for the still-delayed-until-who-knows-when PC version and pick up one of the console ones :(

Will be cheaper later on but I don't think any cheaper before the end of the year and my wife wants it, so PS3 version ordered. Thanks OP.

I bought a vita copy. I was going to try to get it at Gamestop, but with Amazon matching, I can sit here in my underwear instead. Sorry for the visual.

Normally do not spend $30 on these games but my nephew loves the Lego games and I am tapped out on ideas for Christmas. I do not see it dropping below this price before that.

Well this was the last thing I was interested in today. Amazon has matched all the stuff I wanted. Only thing I'm going to go try for is the free Mario U at Old Navy.

Rather than make a new thread, I thought I'd bump this one (even though its 2 months old now). Amazon dropped the prices back down to these prices. Every version is $10 cheaper than the new MSRP right now.

[quote name='wolverine81']Anyone have any opinions on the vita version? Is it a substandard port?[/QUOTE]

They once again ported the DS/3DS version for the Vita version but unlike Lego Batman 2, it seems like there were less significant cuts made. While I definitely agree its sloppy and lazy to port the DS version with as much power as the Vita has, from the reviews I read, it seems like there's $20 worth of entertainment to be found here.

Considering this since I picked up Batman 2 at this price back when it came out and was able to 1000 it and sale it back for about $25.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They once again ported the DS/3DS version for the Vita version but unlike Lego Batman 2, it seems like there were less significant cuts made. While I definitely agree its sloppy and lazy to port the DS version with as much power as the Vita has, from the reviews I read, it seems like there's $20 worth of entertainment to be found here.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really say it's lazy, but that seems to be a common belief. This is a publishing problem all so Warner Bros. can save money, meet deadlines, and have all of the versions launch simultaneously. TT Fusion (a less experienced, weaker developer) is in charge of all of the handheld versions. Not much the PS3/360/PC Traveller's Tales team can do about that.

If anyone remembers what Gizmondo was...some of the key members that worked on that disaster have handled every handheld Lego game for years now.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They once again ported the DS/3DS version for the Vita version but unlike Lego Batman 2, it seems like there were less significant cuts made. While I definitely agree its sloppy and lazy to port the DS version with as much power as the Vita has, from the reviews I read, it seems like there's $20 worth of entertainment to be found here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'll have to see if I can find some clips on youtube of the 3DS or vita version.

I just got the PC download version for 9.99.... The disc version is 14.99... Now the long wait for it to download... Still 9.99 is pretty good.

bread's done
Back