Amazon Lightening deal Pc Warhammer Age of reckoning Pc 25.98 save 48%

My guess is Warhammer Online for a really cheap price. My understanding s that they're trying to build up their player base.

I just started playing Warhammer Online this week. It lacks the polish of WoW. But I really like it's focus on PvP which they call RvR. If you wanted to you could just play RvR alll the time from say around 4th level onward and not participate in any PvE.

WAR is the abbreviation for Warhammer Age of Reckoning, so I would assume that.

Also would assume it's a rather worthless deal. The game has to be desperate for new blood, anything over $10 for a new sub is too much.

I played WAR at launch for a couple of months. While it was pretty bug free (for launch) it lacked things I found interesting and RVR turned into one thing over and over per tier (as people figured out what would give them biggest bang for buck).

I heard they did a few things to improve it but what I liked about WOW was missing and the PVP wasn't fun after a few hours as I feared.

I might give it another shot in a few months, but I couldn't stay interested enough to even cap my players level and the 3 classes I tried to mid 20's seemed broken to hell. The Witch Elf I played the longest but you have to be a big fan of dieing and hanging out by yourself in the backlines to enjoy the PVP.

[quote name='whitereflection']If I'm only interested in PvE, is this a good game at all? How does it compare to, say, Guild Wars?[/quote]

If you are only interested in PVE, don't even look at it. The PVE in WAR is terrible.

Man, it'd be nice if it was Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II--GoGamer.com's price of $36 is still a bit too high for me yet.

[quote name='JoeFlacco4God']If you are only interested in PVE, don't even look at it. The PVE in WAR is terrible.[/quote]

Yes, the PvE in WAR is really weak. It feels tacked-on, and after a while you realize that it's just a prop to get you to level up your player for RvR. Most people on the higher levels do Scenarios or Open RvR (running around taking Keeps and Battle Objectives from the enemy, trying to lock down a zone for the Order or Destruction side). That stuff is really fun. To me it's like the MMORPG equivalent of playing online deathmatch in a first person shooter. You're doing the same thing every time, but because you're playing other people it's always a little bit different.

And bear in mind I'm a die-hard WAR fan who plays almost every day. I love the game but I'm not blind to its deficiencies.

I've never played Guild Wars, so I can't tell you how the two compare.

[quote name='JoeFlacco4God']If you are only interested in PVE, don't even look at it. The PVE in WAR is terrible.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's terrible. It does some things better than WoW, and some things worse. So far I just became Tier 2 and I've liked the PvE stuff so far. The Public Quests make sense too. It breaks up the monotony of doing all the RvR stuff.

At least the PvE in WAR is better than say, "Get ten troll fingers" and then you have to kill 30 of em just to get those ten. That's 50% of WoW PvE right there. At least in WAR you don't really have to deal with that bullshit.

The larger Player Quests in WAR follow a basic line.

Stage 1) Kill x of enemy.
Stage 2) Achieve Y goal in ten minutes.
Stage 3) Kill Boss Z in ten minutes.

It's pretty straight forward but they've put a lot of thought and variation in how those basic goals are achieved.

I did one the other day where you had to kill a bunch of scavengers. Then you had to heal ten dwarves by picking up the healing barrels. But the problem was, only one barrel was active at a time. So you had to search around to find the right barrrel. All the time elite warriors were spawning all around you. It was actually prety intense. Then, once you finished healing them, a Giant literally walked over the hill and started beating the crap out of the group. It was pretty neat.

I did an easier one with a partner where you had to kill 30 Orc warriors, then destroy three catapults in ten minutes before they got off ten shots. And then kill the Boss with his partner.

There are some problems though. I don't think there's a way to tell if quests are suited for your level. I picked up some quests I clearly shouldn't have been doing. WoW has the color scheme to give you some warning on what you're getting into.

Also, because RvR is such a big thing in WAR, it can get in the way of your questing. I agree that generaly, the PvE is meant as a side dish to the PvP content. I find that when I want to take a break from the RvR stuff I go and quest a bit, get some gear, then go back to RvR. But I wouldn't call it weak. It's just part of a larger whole.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']The clue:
Upcoming Deal
Chaos, dwarves, orcs and elves at WAR.
has to be warhammer something right?

the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Will update info at 6pm pst..
IMG%5d

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN...

I bet

I bet at least 2 people say Who cares hehe
[/quote]

OMG! hopefully warhammer!!

Thanks
Saint

[quote name='dealighted']The cats out of the bag now! Not really because its 6:13 here eastern time and it hasnt even posted yet[/quote]
6 p.m PST not EST

You could always just do the free trial. I'm sure it'll come up for sale again sometime soon.

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a copy. Always wanted to try it and for the price and 30 days included you can't go wrong. Just my $0.02

As someone who played for four months on Dark Crag, I wouldn't really recommend it. Even the endgame RvR turns into zergfest in RvR lakes, and in the city becomes PvE because people want to gear up doing the PQ instead of fight the other realm.

Yeah, I just hit Tier 4 so it should be interesting to see what the endgame is like. I'm thinking positive, I mean, everybody told me that once you get past level 20 it sucks, but I haven't found that to be the case. I really enjoy hopping on, getting in a warband, and just messing around so it's fine for me.

I actually like the fact that the focus isn't on story as much as, say, LOTRO. It means that if I take some time off I don't feel like I'm missing something.

bread's done
Back