Amazon: Limited Edition DS Lite spring color

I think this is green as in Earth Day green, not necessarily for Spring. Thanks for the post though.

Edit: I was wrong Amazon says its a Spring Bundle

Not a deal, but hey a new color. I really thought they would generate new colors for the DSi. I guess Nintendo wants to keep milking that old cow some more.

Pretty cool. Thought for sure this would be DSi *blech!*, but nope, it's a brand new 2-port DS-lite. :)

Hope they keep making them!

[quote name='JBaby']I think this is green as in Earth Day green, not necessarily for Spring. Thanks for the post though.
344.jpg

Edit: I was wrong Amazon says its a Spring Bundle[/quote]
I agree it looks like it was created for earth day, but I guess since amazon says its spring green, I guess it's spring green then.

I'm getting a DS for my daughter for her birthday in a week and a half. I might get this one instead of the pink because it's different and it comes with a case (which she'll need anyway). Anyone use that cooking trainer? I hear it's kinda cool.

Bleh. Don't like that green color. Maybe if it was a deeper grassy green color I'd like it. I don't like the pea soup green. That's just IMO

Tempting. Already got 2 DSlite (crimson and a pokemon as spare) and a DSi but this color looks pretty neat and I've always sort of wanted that game...

Can't hurt to have another DS lite as backup right? ...

Really wanted this color when they put it out in Europe last year. Can't justify paying full price to replace the DS Lite I already have, though. Unless they promise that this one will have a dpad doesn't make it painfully impossible to hit the interior diagonals.

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks like puke green
00.gif
[/quote]

I agree, but honestly, I can live with it. The price is pretty decent, and I think I'll pick one up.

Spend the extra money on the DSi. It's worth it for the improved UI, downloadable games, in-game brightness adjusting, competent web broweser etc. . .

eh, i don't really like the color. maybe if it was dark green it would be cool. btw, not everyone wants a DSi, some people like their GBA ports! =)

[quote name='z3razerviper']I will stick with my Zelda edition ds lite. thats the best looking one so far in my opinion.[/quote]

mmmm I would put my black pokemon version up against the gold zelda...

[quote name='BennySpenny']I saw this DS in stock at my local Toys 'r Us yesterday (Charlottesville). You sure it's an Amazon exclusive?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is. Saw a preorder box at GS over the weekend. It's just a limited edition.

I bought this for my daughter last week.
Amazon just dropped the price to $144.99. Even though today is the official release date (they shipped it last Friday), it was like pulling teeth to get them to honor their own Pre-Order Price Guaranty (which states that you'll get the lower price if it drops between preorder time and the end of the day on the release date). After getting transferred to a manager, they finally complied. It was way too much work for $5, but you know, it was the principle of the thing

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike this color.

I saw the bundles at wal-mart last night and the color of the system is just HIDEOUS.

it should be called "vomit green"

[quote name='donj4840']Why'd they fight so hard? Should be a standard practise they'd well aquainted with I would have thought.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it's because it shipped a few days ago? I don't know. remember, you're dealing with folks in India that aren't fully knowledgeable of all the intricacies of a price guarantee. Combine that with the fact that it was hard to show the CS guy that the game was released TODAY, not last week and it just became obvious that I needed a supervisor to get this done.

They should have some sort of decal on the thing, perhaps a "Happy Mother's Day" branding to really kick the point across. I can imagine an autumn edition, with auburn/ orange and a maple leaf decal.

[quote name='donj4840']Why'd they fight so hard? Should be a standard practise they'd well aquainted with I would have thought.

s.gif
[/QUOTE]

I've had a few issues with pre-order price guarantees lately as well. The biggest problem seems to be when the item ships BEFORE release date but the price drops AFTER it ships, but before release. The system doesn't seem to handle that and the CSRs get all huffy about the post-order-price-guarantee not being in effect anymore. It's taken me a few go-arounds to get things straightened out.

bread's done
Back