Amazon Mac Download Store Deals - Free Airport Mania, $5 off coupon

imacgod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Today Amazon has started a Mac Download Store. They are offering larger named programs like Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop Elements as well as some games that you can't find in the Mac App Store.

And to celebrate the grand opening, they are giving away Airport Mania: First Flight for free until June 1!

Many of the titles are available on the Mac App Store at the same prices, however it appears Amazon has the EA games unavailable on the Mac App Store. Otherwise, the selection is very small for now.

Currently there is a coupon deal for $5 off one purchase which might be worthwhile if you were looking for a discount on the available Mac games in digital form:

Celebrate our new Mac downloads stores and save $5 on any Mac game or software product through June 1, 2011. To save, click the "Buy and download" button on the product you have chosen, then enter the code SAVE5MAC in the "Gift Cards and Promotions" box. Limit 1 discount per customer.

I left the thread as a wiki in case Amazon does Mac gaming deals more regularly in the future.

Update June 1: Big Kahuna Reef for free

Last edited by a moderator:
I read "Mac Downloads" as "McDonald's"... Haven't eaten anything all day.

Hope amazon continues to offer free games.

[quote name='gargus']We have a free section for free stuff, you know that right?[/QUOTE]

dude, what the hell is your problem? Stop trying to play junior mod in the deals forum.

This is actually a nice heads up from the OP. I saw the Airport Mania post the other day but did not know about Big Kahuna Reef. Thanks OP. Don't let grumpy gargus get you down.

[quote name='confoosious']Anything recommended to use the $5 on?[/QUOTE]

Honestly? I'm not sure. Maybe the regular productivity apps, but that's no fun.

As far as the games go, I'd probably pick up Modern Warfare or CoD 2 because they are compatible with their PC counterparts for online play, and I know my PC buddies like to play those at LANs even still. Can't find anything about Borderlands being compatible with the PC version, but would be worthwhile if it is or if you don't care about multiplayer. However of all of those games, CoD 2 is probably the only thing that will run on my aging Macs, but of course that's just me personally. Picking up an EA game is probably a good deal too since they are not available digitally in Apple's App Store and likely cheaper than physical versions.

It kind of sucks that the Aspyr-published games were on sale in the Mac App Store during the Memorial Day weekend, so it's a little hard to swallow CoD 2 at about $21 after the coupon when I could've gotten it for $20. Oh well.

[quote name='confoosious']Anything recommended to use the $5 on?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed spore for 10 bucks (with $5 off coupon)

Thanks OP. I think Gargus is right to pointout the free forum, but like many, I rarely check it, so I dont mind seeing these postings.

@Mods- Is there a particular reason why the free forum is separate from the deals?

can-your-mac-do-this.jpg

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Thanks OP. I think Gargus is right to pointout the free forum, but like many, I rarely check it, so I dont mind seeing these postings.

@Mods- Is there a particular reason why the free forum is separate from the deals?[/QUOTE]

The Free stuff forum is full of random shit that isn't really worth much at all. Or things that are contest-y. Just take a quick look there and you'll see it's full of crap. Or it's people giving away one time use codes. It's not really for free stuff from retailers.

Whenever there's a decent free game item, it gets posted here in the deals section. (Free downloads of games, bayonetta guide, etc) And 99% of the people are appreciative. Gargus just has a stick up his ass about anything that's not a "Deal" to him being in here.

[quote name='confoosious']Whenever there's a decent free game item, it gets posted here in the deals section. (Free downloads of games, bayonetta guide, etc) And 99% of the people are appreciative. Gargus just has a stick up his ass about anything that's not a "Deal" to him being in here.[/QUOTE]

So we can expect a steady stream of "not a deal for ME" type posts? SO looking forward to that.

Thanks OP - I'll pick up both of these.

(Incidentally, I never check the "free" section - always assumed it was just a bunch of crap.)

[quote name='Kylearan']So we can expect a steady stream of "not a deal for ME" type posts? SO looking forward to that.

Thanks OP - I'll pick up both of these.

(Incidentally, I never check the "free" section - always assumed it was just a bunch of crap.)[/QUOTE]

If someone found a deal on Stadium Events at MSRP, gargus would complain that it's MSRP.

I love these free games. Even if I never play Airport Mania, it's a good casual game to have just in case someone comes over and is bored. Kinda like Diner Dash. And... it's free.

[quote name='confoosious']If someone found a deal on Stadium Events at MSRP, gargus would complain that it's MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's nothing quite like bitching about MSRP. Quite fond of it myself. (grins)

bread's done
Back