Amazon Madden 2013 $59.99 w/ $15 credit FS plus DLC

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-13...2UMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338686711&sr=8-1

Get a $15 Credit and Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonuses
Pre-order Madden NFL 13 and receive a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, gift cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). You will also get the Andrew Luck Future Stars Draft Pick Madden Ultimate Team Card for immediate use in Madden NFL 12. Collect the card in Madden Ultimate Team 12 to automatically unlock the Andrew Luck Rookie Card for Madden Ultimate Team 13 once your pre-ordered copy of Madden NFL 13 ships. Pre-orders also receive the Amazon exclusive NFL legends Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor for use in Madden Ultimate Team and the all-new Connected Careers mode. The Andrew Luck Ultimate Team Card code will be sent to you via email within two days of your pre-order, and the Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor codes will be sent via email within two days of your order shipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Went ahead and preordered it in hopes that they will lower the price later on. Also a few minutes after ordering it I received the code for the Andrew Luck Future Stars card.

[quote name='bfauble83']If I preordered a week ago, will i get the $15 credit...or do I need to submit a request for it?[/QUOTE]

It should extend to all existing preorders

It was tempting when TRU had this deal but I couldn't resist now that Amazon has it. Guess I'm picking up my first Madden game in 5 years...

does amazon charge you when you place the order? i always thought they charged when they shipped, but when im placing the order, it uses up my amazon credit and shows the remaining balance

[quote name='hle078']does amazon charge you when you place the order? i always thought they charged when they shipped, but when im placing the order, it uses up my amazon credit and shows the remaining balance[/QUOTE]

You can get into edit payment method on the order verification screen and uncheck use Amazon credit. If you preorder using a credit card, it doesn't charge until it ships. If you preorder using Amazon credit, it reserves the credit balance immediately.

Was this ever $45 on AZ? I want to say I preordered it at that price but I'm assuming I could have mistaken it with my NCAA 13 preorder. Guess I'll dig through my order history later tonight

[quote name='Tate Donovan']NCAA is still $45.That was probably what you were thinking about. I wonder why it's so cheap.[/QUOTE]

They took away the ability to import draft classes into Madden, thus a lot of people don't have much need for the NCAA game.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']They took away the ability to import draft classes into Madden, thus a lot of people don't have much need for the NCAA game.[/QUOTE]

People actually used that feature?

On topic - ehhh ill wait for the 9.99 sale at best buy next year. All a roster update is worth ;-)

[quote name='kilik64']People actually used that feature?

On topic - ehhh ill wait for the 9.99 sale at best buy next year. All a roster update is worth ;-)[/QUOTE]

Have you seen what Madden 13 is adding this year? Revamped Superstar mode and Franchise mode. Real-time physics. New passing system. Revamp of how player's overalls work (86 in my system, 83 in the bears). And much more. It is not just a roster update this year.

[quote name='kilik64']People actually used that feature?

On topic - ehhh ill wait for the 9.99 sale at best buy next year. All a roster update is worth ;-)[/QUOTE]

I have every year for over a decade; it was one of my favorite reasons to get both every year so this is disheartening. I always enjoyed the first few years in franchise mode having real college players entering the NFL, even if a lot of them won't meet their potential to be drafted in real life.

I am very skeptical as to whether or not Madden is actually going to add in some useful, interesting features this year. No matter what they say you almost always get the same ol' same ol' for like 3-5 years until you see another significant improvement in gameplay.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I am very skeptical as to whether or not Madden is actually going to add in some useful, interesting features this year. No matter what they say you almost always get the same ol' same ol' for like 3-5 years until you see another significant improvement in gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Just search connected careers or just look at my post on the bottom of the first page.

There are significant adds this year I believe that make it worth the purchase.

[quote name='Calipup']Just search connected careers or just look at my post on the bottom of the first page.

There are significant adds this year I believe that make it worth the purchase.[/QUOTE]

There are always these "big, new additions" every year but they end up being insignificant most of the time. I'd rather wait to buy it and see what people say, nobody is shy to harp on a rehashed version of Madden so it won't take long.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']There are always these "big, new additions" every year but they end up being insignificant most of the time. I'd rather wait to buy it and see what people say, nobody is shy to harp on a rehashed version of Madden so it won't take long.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Calipup this years Madden is way different than previous years!

If guys have noticed now, Amazon got rid of their .99 cent release day delivery option. They just tell you to use 2nd day shipping and that is $7.98. So if you don't have prime, it ain't worth buying from Amazon anymore. Best Buy has a $20 credit for Madden, so I'm going with them along with getting Borderlands, Halo 4, and Black Ops for the $20 each credit.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']They took away the ability to import draft classes into Madden, thus a lot of people don't have much need for the NCAA game.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's nuts. I guess I don't need to buy NCAA at all this year. Did they ever give a reason why?

On topic, I did buy Madden. I have a feeling the new physics engine will be a feature just like how they redid the stats a few years back, but still, it's one of the best games to play with a couple of buddies and Peyton Manning is on the Broncos now so I'll be able to complete passes.

[quote name='markc72']If guys have noticed now, Amazon got rid of their .99 cent release day delivery option. They just tell you to use 2nd day shipping and that is $7.98. So if you don't have prime, it ain't worth buying from Amazon anymore. Best Buy has a $20 credit for Madden, so I'm going with them along with getting Borderlands, Halo 4, and Black Ops for the $20 each credit.[/QUOTE]

Wow that does suck. Good thing I preordered Halo 4 a week ago when 99 cent release date shipping was available.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Really? That's nuts. I guess I don't need to buy NCAA at all this year. Did they ever give a reason why?

[/QUOTE]

Because supposedly instead of improving a key feature in two games, they removed it so they can go balls deep in Connected Careers.

What they should have done is improved the importing, added some of things from the CC to the regular Franchise mode and then waited next year to merge Franchise, Online Franchise, and the My Player (or whatever they call it) mode.

Seriously, I had a massive hard on for Connected Career and then I found out they took out imported draft classes. Talk about an excitement killer.

I'd rather not have a bunch of randoms invading my game after the first season.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Because supposedly instead of improving a key feature in two games, they removed it so they can go balls deep in Connected Careers.

What they should have done is improved the importing, added some of things from the CC to the regular Franchise mode and then waited next year to merge Franchise, Online Franchise, and the My Player (or whatever they call it) mode.

Seriously, I had a massive hard on for Connected Career and then I found out they took out imported draft classes. Talk about an excitement killer.

I'd rather not have a bunch of randoms invading my game after the first season.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that you can only play as one team this year. For some that's not an issue but for anyone who likes to play as multiple teams or even as all 32 (Reason usually so that you can control trades, free agency so that the computer can't do something stupid and unrealistic. )

The game play looks like its going to be amazing but Franchise mode looks like it will be a wreck IMO which means I'll be waiting for this game to drop down to $25 - $30 before picking it up.

Bummer. Joey Harrington had a Hall of Fame career when I imported him from NCAA.

Do yall remember the year Madden goofed up the import feature and it didn't work? You could send in a page from the instruction manual and EA sent a new copy of the game with the bug fixed. 2004 I think.

[quote name='markc72']If guys have noticed now, Amazon got rid of their .99 cent release day delivery option. They just tell you to use 2nd day shipping and that is $7.98. So if you don't have prime, it ain't worth buying from Amazon anymore. Best Buy has a $20 credit for Madden, so I'm going with them along with getting Borderlands, Halo 4, and Black Ops for the $20 each credit.[/QUOTE]

Meh, 20$ credit to Bestbuy isn't that special to me since it is only 5 dollars more. I usually go for discounted games or older games that are cheaper. Amazon has way better prices for older games (20$ for a game, BB will have it for 30.)

I used to get Madden every year from 96-2010 but the last few installments have been pretty terrible. Give me Madden 05's franchise mode back and I'm happy.

bread's done
Back