Amazon Market Place - Incorrect Item Shipped? Dilemma

nbballard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So i have a 3D tv, and 2 sets of glasses. I want to have 4 glasses that are a matching set. I searching amazon by the items serial number (SSG-2100AB) and found them for offer from Amazon for $120, but a MP seller(3dStereo.com) had it listed for $51 new in box.

Too good to be true apparently. I got the set in the mail today, and while they are new, and functioning with my TV, they are some sort of strange chinese knock off that don't really look the same and are NOT the model specified on Amazon. The box lists them as "GTV-A-AS500"- I can't find any information on them anywhere other than the 3DStereo website. I can't find a company name or serial number anywhere on the box or glasses, and the box only says "3D - Take you to Real 3D World" in broken english.

So the glasses work, and I love the price- I'm even tempted to order another pair. At the same time though, I'm a little pissed that they pulled a bait and switch on me. I mean, the item is for a specific serial number, with a picture. Also- there is no reason to believe that the glasses won't break next week.

Anyone have any suggestion about how to proceed? order another pair, or report them to amazon?

Well what the heck do you want?

Obviously they are knock offs. If you wanted the quality of the real deal, you should report them to Amazon and get a refund.

If you're happy with knock offs that are much less than half the price of the real deal, order another pair. Obviously you know the risk and that they might very well break next week.

No one can decide this but you.

I think you misunderstand what "bait and switch" really means and it doesn't apply to your case. An example of bait and switch is when the seller advertises a low cost on an item (bait). When you're ready to buy, that item is no longer available for sale and instead you're offered a different, more expensive item (switch).

The glasses work, you like the price, and you aren't too disappointed with them as you said you're thinking of buying more. You could call it a day and write a review for that item and state exactly what you have in your OP. Be sure to name the MP seller in your review.

Since they are falsely advertising (or sent you the wrong item by mistake, you never know), contact the seller and see if they will resolve your problem. If not, take it to Amazon.

Good luck.

[quote name='nbballard']Anyone have any suggestion about how to proceed? order another pair, or report them to amazon?[/QUOTE]

Talk about two choices at opposite ends of the spectrum. Give them more business or report them lol. How can anybody answer that but you?

A dilemma would be if you asked for a refund and they refused or something like that. Then people could give you suggestions on how to proceed.

Have you even contacted the seller and explained the situation? A lot of sellers will try to make things right if you're unhappy. Give them a chance before you report them.

Yea- i know it's not a text book bait and switch. The guy is, with knowledge luring in purchases claiming it's another product though.

I should have specified, this wasn't a mistake. My invoice a note that said "We don't sell the glasses advertised on Amazon, but what we sent you is a nicer set."

[quote name='nbballard']Yea- i know it's not a text book bait and switch. The guy is, with knowledge luring in purchases claiming it's another product though.

I should have specified, this wasn't a mistake. My invoice a note that said "We don't sell the glasses advertised on Amazon, but what we sent you is a nicer set."[/QUOTE]

Um, you should have put this in your OP as it completely changes things.

Anyway, I still find it funny that you can't decide whether you want to buy more from this obviously crooked seller or report them. Also, that invoice note is in perfect English. Personally, I won't repeat business with shady dealers, but hey, it's your $51.

Just a follow-up. I contacted the seller and said that I wanted to get the correct glasses and accused him of trying to pass off some sort of bootleg glasses on me.

He came back and said that "They make good glasses in China for a lot less" and that "I'm just paying for brand names" if I try to get a specific model number.

I went ahead and reported him after that.

bread's done
Back